Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Another youtube stunt.

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,857 ✭✭✭langdang

Would you stop if some randomer waved you down on a quiet country road?
    You're right, I'd engage a lower gear to keep up backpressure in the exhaust, then drive through the livestock at a suitable pace to create a bow-wave but not draw livestock into the intake. Oh wait, that doesn't sound right?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,714 ✭✭✭no1beemerfan

We used to something like this when we were younger in a field but the jump was only half as big as that! The buzz was mighty! We'd a lolvo 340.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,811 ✭✭✭✭Slidey

langdang wrote: »
    You're right, I'd engage a lower gear to keep up backpressure in the exhaust, then drive through the livestock at a suitable pace to create a bow-wave but not draw livestock into the intake. Oh wait, that doesn't sound right?

:D

• Registered Users Posts: 3,495 ✭✭✭Abelloid

We used to something like this when we were younger in a field but the jump was only half as big as that! The buzz was mighty! We'd a lolvo 340.

LOLvo? :D

• Registered Users Posts: 893 ✭✭✭I.S.T.

At least he has his seat belt on :D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,720 ✭✭✭Hal1

A jump through a ring of fire was all that was missing there, they could audition for fossett's then :pac:.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,340 ✭✭✭Cmar-Ireland

Maybe we need to get this sign updated.....?
    39424-Clipart-Illustration-Of-A-Grungy-Red-White-And-Black-Circular-Car-And-Motorcycle-Sign.jpg

:D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 88,978 ✭✭✭✭mike65

They have been laughing if a massive double timber truck with dodgy brakes came along at the wrong moment.

• Registered Users Posts: 22,080 ✭✭✭✭Big Nasty

Feckin hell! :eek:

I would ****e meself doing that!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,534 ✭✭✭SV

mike65 wrote: »
    They have been laughing if a massive double timber truck with dodgy brakes came along at the wrong moment.

you're joking right?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 18,272 ✭✭✭✭Atomic Pineapple

The RSA should campaign for a bridge to be built for them, its terrible that the roads are so bad they have to jump from field to field!

Seriously though its a jump over a back arse road in the middle of nowhere exactly the same as where my home place is and you'd see 1 or 2 cars a day, people you know that would stop no problem for the lad on the road.

No need for RSA involvment at all, they are a waste of our money!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 88,978 ✭✭✭✭mike65

SV wrote: »
    you're joking right?

I was just making a point about the unexpected, which is what kills most people on the roads.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,641 ✭✭✭zilog_jones

How do we even know it's a public road? That Newstalk link doesn't work, maybe it was removed because it was a load of bollocks?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,964 ✭✭✭Sitec

looks like something out of the youtube channel "Daves Farm"!

RSA can do nothing about that if it's private land!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,381 ✭✭✭mb1725

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,857 ✭✭✭langdang

"Just some good ol boys, never meaning no harm..."
    "Someday the Micra might get them but the Law never will...."

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,714 ✭✭✭no1beemerfan

JustinOval wrote: »
    LOLvo? :D

It sure was! We couldn't kill it :D

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators Posts: 17,694 Mod ✭✭✭✭Henry Ford III

Had the driver stayed in the field nobody could have complained. The fact that they jumped the road changes things though.

The degree of danger to the public isn't important, but the fact that they took it upon themselves to pose a risk is.

Posting a video of the stunt on youtube is pretty stupid too.

Had the driver stayed in the field nobody could have complained. The fact that they jumped the road changes things though.

The degree of danger to the public isn't important, but the fact that they took it upon themselves to pose a risk is.

Posting a video of the stunt on youtube is pretty stupid too.

They didn't touch the road so technically they did nothing on a public road. Come on, in reality if it even is a public road it is a single lane way like the one into my house which is technically a public road but is not treated as so by us and our neighbors, its basically an extension of the farms along the road, often we would have gates up blocking the road so we could keep cattle cornered etc.

• Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Regional Midwest Moderators, Regional West Moderators Posts: 16,722 Mod ✭✭✭✭yop

Bit daft but if they are doing it in their own fields fair enough.

Regardless of whether they are on the public roads or "over" them then I think thats what has got them in bother. Its a bit like airspace, an extreme comparison I know!

Hope the apes had helmets in the car, if he hit that wall or missed the jump he was in bit trouble.

This could start a real snowball effect with videos on youtube of young lads ;) The RSA will be busy :)

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators Posts: 17,694 Mod ✭✭✭✭Henry Ford III

....Come on, in reality if it even is a public road it is a single lane way like the one into my house which is technically a public road but is not treated as so by us and our neighbors, its basically an extension of the farms along the road, often we would have gates up blocking the road so we could keep cattle cornered etc.

No point in getting into minscule detail on this.

As I said above if they consciously potentially endangered the public in their stunt regardless of degree it's pretty stupid. They could have jumped higher/furter within the field and nobody would have said "boo" about it.

Similar logic to doing massive speed on a deserted road I'd have thought.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,987 ✭✭✭ottostreet

i thought that was quite funny. And the road appears to be the back arse of nowhere. As long as the lads had some sort of system to ensure no member of the public could be injured, then theyre grand. just having the craic!

the sight of that micra disappearing into that hole is deadly!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,222 ✭✭✭robbie_998

I'm gonna get slated for this and mods/admins i am sorry

BUT

RSA look at those vids and tell me if a woman did them stunts she wouldn't crash ?

the lads are showing some skill there with good driving (even though they are acting the bollox) ... nobody died... i'd like to see a woman doing that.

as for this video against the other one on rte news ?

well i'd rather see this one because its not on a public road and theres no real danger here (other than the lads smacking into the wall) and it was an empty private field where there really shouldn't be any other traffic.

so if i had to watch one all day (this one and the rte lads) i'd pick this one because its a lot safer and legal.

• Registered Users Posts: 603 ✭✭✭metalgear2k2

ROAD safety chiefs have condemned a YouTube clip which shows a car performing a potentially lethal jump over a public road.

The 17-second clip shows a Nissan Micra being driven at speed down a steep field, believed to be in the Clonakilty area of West Cork and leaping over a road before landing in another field.

The Road Safety Authority (RSA) has also condemned another clip posted on YouTube which showed young drivers in Nenagh hanging out of their cars while driving at speed along country roads.

The latest clip was shot in the general Clonakilty area and was posted on YouTube about a month ago.

A red Nissan Micra is seen driving at speed down a steep hill in a field, then leaping through a raised gap in a ditch, over the public road, and passing through a gap in trees across the road before landing in another field and driving off.

A person standing close to the ditch appears to be keeping watch and jumps out of the way as the car approaches its take-off position.

Onlookers can be heard laughing and calling for the stunt to be repeated.

There are fears the car jumped over a section of the N71 — one of the busiest tourist routes in the region.

Several people have posted comments describing those involved as "legends".

One comment states: "That’s just the funniest thing I’ve seen in a long time! Class!"

The clip has been viewed more than 8,600 times.

RSA spokesman Brian Farrell described the stunt as "dangerous and highly irresponsible".

"Those involved put their own lives, and the lives of other road users at risk," he said. "This type of behaviour cannot be condoned. Anyone who comes across this kind of behaviour should report it to gardaí immediately."

Clonakilty-based Garda Superintendent Pat Maher said this particular incident is not the subject of a current Garda investigation, but he said he would be very concerned about such activity. "I would appeal to the public who may be of assistance to us to give us any information they have, in confidence, in order to stamp out this kind of behaviour to prevent possible death. This can only end in tragedy."

He urged people to contact Clonakilty Garda Station on 023-882 1570 or the Garda Confidential Line on 1800-666 111.

Read more: http://www.examiner.ie/ireland/safety-chiefs-condemn-road-jump-125854.html#ixzz0uQGFdoFZ

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,921 ✭✭✭Gophur

All conducted on private property, with the exception of the 12-16 feet it was airborne!

Hard to see how the Gardai can do anything.

• Registered Users Posts: 239 ✭✭thats not gone well

while i dont agree with them jumping over a road, fair play to them for keeping their messing in a field (rather than a car park or empty cross roads).
    as previously stated it puts the risk to the public at a minimum.
    young lads (myself included) will always find somewhere and some way to have fun in cars and the best/most sensible option is a field with only a hedge to crash into

while i dont agree with them jumping over a road, fair play to them for keeping their messing in a field (rather than a car park or empty cross roads).
    as previously stated it puts the risk to the public at a minimum.
    young lads (myself included) will always find somewhere and some way to have fun in cars and the best/most sensible option is a field with only a hedge to crash into

As I said earlier, it'd have been fine had they stayed within the field, but they didn't.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 417 ✭✭muffy

robbie_998 wrote: »
    I'm gonna get slated for this and mods/admins i am sorry

BUT

RSA look at those vids and tell me if a woman did them stunts she wouldn't crash ?

the lads are showing some skill there with good driving (even though they are acting the bollox) ... nobody died... i'd like to see a woman doing that.

as for this video against the other one on rte news ?

well i'd rather see this one because its not on a public road and theres no real danger here (other than the lads smacking into the wall) and it was an empty private field where there really shouldn't be any other traffic.

so if i had to watch one all day (this one and the rte lads) i'd pick this one because its a lot safer and legal.

Why do you think a woman wouldn't be able to that? :rolleyes:

FFS, that is ridiculous carry on. If some randomer stopped me in the middle of nowhere so his mate could drive a micra over my head, I'd be calling the guards sharpish. "Sure it was in the middle of nowhere?" So what, what if some other idiot had come speeding down the road with his legs hanging out of the car at that exact moment. Lesson 1 in Learning to Drive: Always expect the unexpected.

• Registered Users Posts: 22,929 ✭✭✭✭ShadowHearth

oh come on that was funny lol! RSA to LICK avareges Joes balls will jump on anything on youtube now lol

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 18,272 ✭✭✭✭Atomic Pineapple

muffy wrote: »
    FFS, that is ridiculous carry on. If some randomer stopped me in the middle of nowhere so his mate could drive a micra over my head, I'd be calling the guards sharpish. "Sure it was in the middle of nowhere?" So what, what if some other idiot had come speeding down the road with his legs hanging out of the car at that exact moment. Lesson 1 in Learning to Drive: Always expect the unexpected.

There is a hill on the road outside my house and when I was young in the winter months when it froze we used to slide down the hill on what ever we could find with someone at the bottom stopping cars.

This isn't really that much different.

Advertisement