Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Another youtube stunt.

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,180 ✭✭✭Mena

Doesn't look like a public road to me? If not, I don't really see the problem...

• Registered Users Posts: 12,683 ✭✭✭✭Owen

It's not a public road. It's a farmyard, but sure they'll go mad about it anyway.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,530 ✭✭✭TheInquisitor

That was amazing!

• Registered Users, Subscribers Posts: 13,474 ✭✭✭✭antodeco

As others have said, if its on private property, and by a "professional" stunt driver, there aint much wrong with it!

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 15,704 Mod ✭✭✭✭Tabnabs

Allegedly the jump is over a public road AFAIK?

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators Posts: 17,694 Mod ✭✭✭✭Henry Ford III

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,696 ✭✭✭trad

Birds fly over public roads all the time.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,180 ✭✭✭Mena

Dyflin wrote: »

Ok that's a whole different story then... :mad:

• Registered Users Posts: 3,495 ✭✭✭Abelloid

Dyflin wrote: »

Seriously? Where did you hear that?

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators Posts: 17,694 Mod ✭✭✭✭Henry Ford III

Read above and follow the links.

• Advertisement

Read above and follow the links.

Oh yeah, sorry. I don't wake up until 10:30.. :rolleyes:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,009 ✭✭✭✭Run_to_da_hills

They weren't actually on the road, they should be done for not having a pilots license. :D

I can now see the latest craze, posting anonymous Utube stunts and trying to get away with them

The jump itself was great, but over a public road?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,811 ✭✭✭✭Slidey

You can see there is someone standing on the road, probably would stop anyone if they happened to come along. It doesn't look much bigger than a one car road anyway

I don't see the issue tbh. Ballsy stunt, saying that he could have killed himself if it landed nose first

• Registered Users Posts: 893 ✭✭✭I.S.T.

Featured on Newstalk. The RSA are apparently all over this one too.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uoYmekxl7N0&NR=1

They never should have made such a big deal out of the first one. Every idiot is going to be at it now.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,857 ✭✭✭langdang

I'm sure they had people (maybe with radios) to stop up traffic, twas hardly a motorway. FFS, the RSA will be able to do you for picking your nose in your own driveway with the engine off soon...

• Registered Users Posts: 8,753 ✭✭✭qz

langdang wrote: »
    I'm sure they had people (maybe with radios) to stop up traffic, twas hardly a motorway. FFS, the RSA will be able to do you for picking your nose in your own driveway with the engine off soon...

It's a public road, where if one thing went wrong someone could be killed. And I doubt they had radios if they allowed pedestrians to stroll underneath. If someone was walking in the wrong place they could be clipped by the back wheels and be stone dead. Sorry, but I think it's retarded.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,284 ✭✭✭wyndham

I thought he was going to lose it on the bend and smash into the concrete shed that the cameraman was standing on.

qz wrote: »
    It's a public road, where if one thing went wrong someone could be killed. And I doubt they had radios if they allowed pedestrians to stroll underneath. If someone was walking in the wrong place they could be clipped by the back wheels and be stone dead. Sorry, but I think it's retarded.

I really don't think that was a strolling pedestrian.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 32,865 ✭✭✭✭MagicMarker

I'm assuming it's not that high off the road? If so, what if there was a truck, or tractor driving down the road at the same time?

• Advertisement

qz wrote: »
    Tis hardly a randomer out walking the dog now is it? It's obviously one of the lads, off to one side.

I'm assuming it's not that high off the road? If so, what if there was a truck, or tractor driving down the road at the same time?
    Then the pedestrian would have DIED! OMG!

Or waved them down as you would if cattle were crossing the road or whatever.
    One is more likely than the other..

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 32,865 ✭✭✭✭MagicMarker

Then the pedestrian would have DIED! OMG!

Or waved them down as you would if cattle were crossing the road or whatever.
    One is more likely than the other..
    Would you stop if some randomer waved you down on a quiet country road?

• Registered Users Posts: 37,297 ✭✭✭✭the_syco

At 0.11 you see a car going along the "road". The car looks very small. I'd estimate that there's no chance in hell of the car in question being able to make it to that road at the speed that they went at.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,534 ✭✭✭SV

that is brilliant :D

• Registered Users Posts: 8,753 ✭✭✭qz

JustinOval wrote: »
    I really don't think that was a strolling pedestrian.
    Tis hardly a randomer out walking the dog now is it? It's obviously one of the lads, off to one side.

Watched it again there and you're right it does look like he was involved. Still though, on private property that would have been excellent, but inches above potential traffic on a public road is lunacy.

the_syco wrote: »
    At 0.11 you see a car going along the "road". The car looks very small. I'd estimate that there's no chance in hell of the car in question being able to make it to that road at the speed that they went at.

That is a person.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,029 ✭✭✭shedweller

Nanny state here we come.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,930 ✭✭✭Martron

Would you stop if some randomer waved you down on a quiet country road?

yes!

there could have been a flyiung car that hit a cattle truck or something!!!

• Advertisement

the_syco wrote: »

Under the car, not in the distance.

Advertisement