Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

where are all the jobs?? (NO CHAT - Read post #481 before posting)

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 41 RecklessJ

Also, offline there are WAY more jobs. Lots of help wanted signs.
    Even if there isn't tho drop your Cv off to places you'd WANT to work. Doesn't hurt. Make an impression :D

• Registered Users Posts: 6,688 ✭✭✭kerash

yamamori noodles looking for staff (saw it on monday)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,766 ✭✭✭squeakyduck

There is a new bar/club opening on D'Olier street. It's looking for bar and waiting staff.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,963 ✭✭✭✭Gavin "shels"

There is a new bar/club opening on D'Olier street. It's looking for bar and waiting staff.

Not sure if they're looking still, my mate works in Doyles (same people own the new place and The Edge) and there was interviews for that place on D'Ollier St/Westmoreland St.

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 9,715 Mod ✭✭✭✭Twee.

4 Dame Lane looking for bar staff.

I have to agree about there being more jobs offline, or at least better chances. A few of my mates keep complaining on FB about applying for jobs online and hearing nothing, but they're not following up with calls! They're probably getting tons of CVs in. Stand out and make the call, put a voice and personality to your CV. I know some mightn't have their number up, but try anyway.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,172 ✭✭✭cosmic

I was wandering past Solas on Wexford St the other day and there was a sign in the window saying they are looking for experienced bar staff (must be fluent in English).

• Registered Users Posts: 2,766 ✭✭✭squeakyduck

There is a sign in Fitzsimons of Temple bar asking for floor staff....must be fluent in English.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,189 ✭✭✭jos28

Spotted a clothes shop in the Ilac Centre looking for part-time staff. Its called Gerard

• Hosted Moderators Posts: 10,661 ✭✭✭✭John Mason

strolling through town last sunday, i noticed nearly every shop had signs looking for staff.

if you are looking for work take a walk around the city with your CV's

Good luck

Zuma at Drumcondra Station are looking for experience staff.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,068 ✭✭✭tfak85

Flannery's Pub are looking for staff, went by yesterday and there was a sign in the window...

• Registered Users Posts: 850 ✭✭✭ordinary_girl

Iskander's Kebab Shop on Dame Street is looking for experienced staff.

• Registered Users Posts: 6 michaelgmaloy

it's really faster to find a job if you appear in person, not just send Cvs. that's how i found my current job

Tramco in Rathmines are looking for part-time floor staff as per there facebook.

• Registered Users Posts: 356 ✭✭Shanley

Right coming up to Dublin tomorrow looking for work, i'm looking for bar work, if anyone has any recent info of bars looking please let me know so I've enough time to plan my route, thanks!

Shanley wrote: »
    Right coming up to Dublin tomorrow looking for work, i'm looking for bar work, if anyone has any recent info of bars looking please let me know so I've enough time to plan my route, thanks!

The Kitchen Night Club were looking for people, not sure if they still are. There's also a new cocktail bar on Westmoreland St at the O'Connell Bridge end La F...... can't remember the exact name.

Shanley wrote: »

The Morgue pub in Templeogue is looking for experienced bar staff.

Kitchen on South Anne St are looking for staff.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,777 ✭✭✭dmcg90

Does anyone know of any jobs in Marketing suitable for Business Graduates?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,001 ✭✭✭Mr. Loverman

Jo'Burger is looking for a delivery driver.

• Advertisement

M.J. O'Neill's pub on Suffolk Street is looking for an experienced chef de partie and they're also looking for a kitchen porter.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 15,515 ✭✭✭✭admiralofthefleet

the cafe beside the flower shop in terenure is looking for a chef

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20 Ricey1

I know a lot of people that where in the building game, they have not had steady work for a long time, all in their 30s with mortgages. My advise to them is to take a college course in computers or finance or look online to see what type of jobs are available. The days of building are over but there is a hell of a lot of jobs out there in IT programming, consultancy, sales, finance... It's never too late to get an education. We had a grandfather start with us last year, labored all his life then when there was no jobs he decided he had to do a course. He is about 60 and although he doesn't like office work he is taking home a good wage. If you are 30 or under you wouldn't notice 2/3 years pass in college and you would meet some new people along the way, 3 months off in summer and a month off at Christmas and after a few years you could be earning a grand plus a week, it's always an option

Part-time Pa for a non-Executive Director:

http://www.staff.ie/company/4720.html

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,863 ✭✭✭seachto7

Ricey1 wrote: »
    ....3 months off in summer and a month off at Christmas and after a few years you could be earning a grand plus a week, it's always an option

eh???????

Sales consultants wanted at a Financial Brokerage:

http://www.staff.ie/jobs/31825.html

• Registered Users Posts: 6,688 ✭✭✭kerash

http://thechurch.ie/jobs-at-the-church.aspx

The church looking for staff
    Current Positions Available:

We have some positions available in The Church for the right suitably qualified / experienced people. If you or someone you know are interested in a position listed; please email your CV to sales@thechurch.ie with your desired position in the subject box.

Chefs - All Grades Required - Experience Required

Senior Bar Staff – Full & Part Time Positions

Barista – Full & Part Time Positions

Floor Staff / Waiters – Full & Part Time Positions

Please email your CV to sales@thechurch.ie with your desired position in the subject box. We would ask all applicants; please do not to telephone directly enquiring about positions listed.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,108 ✭✭✭Jellybaby1

Ricey1 wrote: »
    We had a grandfather start with us last year, labored all his life then when there was no jobs he decided he had to do a course. He is about 60 and although he doesn't like office work he is taking home a good wage. If you are 30 or under you wouldn't notice 2/3 years pass in college and you would meet some new people along the way, 3 months off in summer and a month off at Christmas and after a few years you could be earning a grand plus a week, it's always an option
    seachto7 wrote: »
    eh???????

Didn't think this thread was going to be of any interest to me until I saw Ricey1's post above. I'd really like to know more! To me it sounds like a heavenly job and you say this 60yr old man doesn't even like office work. I am almost 60, worked in offices all my life. Spent a lot of time and my own personal money training and re-training to keep up and kept working until 2 years ago when I was made redundant. I continued to re-train to no avail but just finished a 2 month temp job recently and back to square one looking for a job. I love office work, and I love computer work. Where can I get a job like the one you describe? And just like seachto7 said.....eh?????? Ditto!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 162 ✭✭few cans?

the last time i was in dundrum shopping centre i got a little booklet thing listing out all available jobs going in dundrum, there was well over 100 jobs. be worth a look for anyone in that area. dont have it anymore but if your down there soon you could pick it up or you might be able to find it online

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 7,108 ✭✭✭Jellybaby1

few cans? wrote: »
    the last time i was in dundrum shopping centre i got a little booklet thing listing out all available jobs going in dundrum, there was well over 100 jobs. be worth a look for anyone in that area. dont have it anymore but if your down there soon you could pick it up or you might be able to find it online

You are absolutely right! I picked up a copy last week. All jobs required retail experience.

Advertisement