Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

where are all the jobs?? (NO CHAT - Read post #481 before posting)

Options

Comments

• Hosted Moderators Posts: 10,661 ✭✭✭✭John Mason

foggy dew looking for experienced bar staff

the outlet shop in charlestowm SC Finglas is looking for staff

• Closed Accounts Posts: 318 ✭✭Lady von Purple

Trainee manager wanted in Lush on Henry Street!

• Registered Users Posts: 35 Kreator1984

Thanks Lady

Already sent CV and Cover Letter in the envelope( an post box just around corner ;) ) and by e-mail :)

• Registered Users Posts: 17,963 ✭✭✭✭Gavin "shels"

Spar on SCR opposite Griffth College are looking for a part-time Deli staff member, ideally a year experience and have to be available to work weekends and weekdays. Apply in store by the 17th or 18th November (can't remember what the sign said).

• Registered Users Posts: 342 ✭✭Ainekav

i'm going in for training in Schuh tomorrow by the way!!
    Fingers crossed

:D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 17,963 ✭✭✭✭Gavin "shels"

I know two people who work in Schuh in town and they seem to enjoy it.

Are there any jobs available in places that are willing to train you?
    I'm fresh out of college and have no experience, but I really need a full-time job!

Are there any jobs available in places that are willing to train you?
    I'm fresh out of college and have no experience, but I really need a full-time job!

What did you study/ what type of work are you looking for?

Training turned out to be a group interview :(

As for training in jobs - you dont need training most retail jobs, they will train you
    Do you have any experience? have u worked before?

What did you study/ what type of work are you looking for?
    I've an Arts degree. For all it's worth (sigh)
    Right now I'm just looking for some sort of full-time work. Something that will help me cover Christmas. Even if I could get a couple of days somewhere, that'd be fine.
    Ainekav wrote: »
    Training turned out to be a group interview :(

As for training in jobs - you dont need training most retail jobs, they will train you
    Do you have any experience? have u worked before?
    I don't need training, I need experience. I've worked in a deli so far and that doesn't count for anything as far as I've seen. I've applied to other deli's only to be told I haven't enough experience (I was part-time for my entire degree because the manager 'didn't want me messing up his shifts').

I just don't know why I can't get a job.

• Advertisement

You can't get a job because the country is fúcked and people with years of experience can't get a job either.

We are all in the same boat - don't forget that.

Keep trying, thats all you can do.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,627 ✭✭✭Lawrence1895

I've an Arts degree. For all it's worth (sigh)
    Right now I'm just looking for some sort of full-time work. Something that will help me cover Christmas. Even if I could get a couple of days somewhere, that'd be fine.

I don't need training, I need experience. I've worked in a deli so far and that doesn't count for anything as far as I've seen. I've applied to other deli's only to be told I haven't enough experience (I was part-time for my entire degree because the manager 'didn't want me messing up his shifts').

I just don't know why I can't get a job.

It might not be the kind of job, you fancy, but did you ever think about contacting a nursing agency, homecare agency or childminder's agency?
    Some of them are always looking for relief staff (at least) and offer training for new staff. The most important factor is, that you are garda vetted and flexible with your working hours (eg. able to work weekends)

I thought all childminding agencies wanted you to have the level 5 fetac in childcare... ?

Also care assistants need a course under their belt these days, but carers dont.

FAS.ie has loads of carer jobs.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,108 ✭✭✭Jellybaby1

I thought all childminding agencies wanted you to have the level 5 fetac in childcare... ?

Also care assistants need a course under their belt these days, but carers dont.

FAS.ie has loads of carer jobs.

I found that this is true - they all expect at least Fetac 5 and unless you can get it free from FAS if you are on SW, they are quite expensive courses otherwise, but if you can get the qualification there seems to be oodles of jobs in the area of caring, children, elders, special needs, etc.

Christmas temp staff required in Eddie Rockets on Parnell Street.
    Also, I applied online for work in 3 different Penneys a month or two ago. Two of them got back to me this week asking if I was still interested (O'Connell Street and Mary Street) so you might still be able drop in a CV or apply online for those Christmas positions.

One other thing- there's still careers in the arts- they're a lot more difficult to get into right now but don't give up hope altogether. :)

Thanks Lady - live round the corner from Eddies, will pop in tomorrow.
    I tried penneys online and they didnt seem to have vacancies, and anytime u ask them instore they say apply online!

but I'll try again online today

I have two amazing jobs more or less in my field (community/art/arts management) but they are both only a day a week each and they pay well, but not well enough for overdraft repayments, etc. but I count myself v lucky to have them - just the lack of money is getting me down

Just got a phone call that I got the job in Schuh!

YESSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSS

Absolutely delighted

I don't mean to clog up this thread so much!
    But, there's also a part-time vacancy in Camper Shoes on Wicklow Street.
    Camper Shoes is actually a deadly shop, and it's the only one in Ireland. I'd apply for it if I wasn't working. This is them:
    http://www.camper.com/en/stores

If I see any more signs up for vacancies (I see one or two nearly every day!) I'm just going to edit this post to include them. :)

• Registered Users Posts: 35 Kreator1984

Dominos Pizza in Walkinstown is looking for drivers

• Closed Accounts Posts: 23 ScarbCakes

Off-Licence Staff
    Whelans Off-licence (next door to the pub) on Camden St looking for staff.

• Advertisement

Just got a call this second from Next in Dundrum offering me an interview so they are obv looking -

Online application, simple as they come

they also have stock positions

• Registered Users Posts: 6,116 ✭✭✭starviewadams

Eddie Rockets on Duke Street were looking for waiting staff last week,and the big clothes shop(can't remember the name!) across from The Epicurean Food Hall on Liffey Street are looking for sales assistants,saw the sign on on the door on my way home.

Just got a phone call that I got the job in Schuh!

YESSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSS

Absolutely delighted

Rang yesterday asking about induction tomorrow and they said they are 'kinda quiet' so they won't be inducting anyone til next week. which brings it down to three bare weeks of work

back to square one i think
    ughhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh

• Closed Accounts Posts: 15,515 ✭✭✭✭admiralofthefleet

the chipper in terenure are looking for staff

• Registered Users Posts: 2,194 ✭✭✭saa

I have two amazing jobs more or less in my field (community/art/arts management) but they are both only a day a week each and they pay well, but not well enough for overdraft repayments, etc. but I count myself v lucky to have them - just the lack of money is getting me down

Don't loose hope I am going into the exact same area.. studio practice/community art and management etc.
    It can be a load of shíte most of the time with actually living and trying to get into this area but over time if its what ya want to do it will be worth it:)

• Registered Users Posts: 311 ✭✭robjones1981

The Village on Wexford St has a notice up in the window looking for a number of different staff

Staff wanted in Retro in Georges Street Arcade.

• Registered Users Posts: 308 ✭✭beefjerky

Right Click in Dawson Street, D2

Part time work Monday - Friday with more hours in the summer.

• Registered Users Posts: 514 ✭✭✭liffeylite

Have sky not opened the call centre in ballsbridge yet? They aee advertising on their website. Should be hundreds of jobs there...

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,672 ✭✭✭uli84

went to sky corporate website and there are no openings in Ireland, at least not in the call centre...

Advertisement