Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Love/Hate [** Spoilers **]

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4 Chonky

I'm creasing myself here. I Googled "site:www.rte.ie love hate" and Google returned a brief about the series on the side, with photos of the cast. In it it mixes the actress who plays Siobhan (Charlie Murphy) with another Charlie Murphy ... Eddie Murphys brother aka Darkness .. he of the best clip on YouTube ever "Rick James - **** Yo Couch Dave Chapelle show" Charlies retelling of the true story of his encounters with an out-of-control Rick James in the 80s.

Not sure what Tommy would make of this match up!

el diablo wrote: »
    I've never seen him in anything else. (Never watched Titanic :p). What else is he in?

Circle of friends he was the red heads brother.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 548 ✭✭✭Wils110

I'd say Fran will find out about nidge shagging his missus and he'll do the stitching up..there showing some tension for next weeks episode it could all come out

No, I think he's character's is very good, didn't mean it like that just thought his expression sometimes is quite funny! :)

Oh i wasnt counter arguing or anything, i agree. Some serious constipation there. Maybe the many double whiskeys arent agreeing with him :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,543 ✭✭✭Conmaicne Mara

One thing I find kind of funny is Jason Barry's (Dano's) expression, always looks like he's a bit constipated, maybe that's why he's angry all the time!:D

Yeah, and WTF was that in the mirror before going to the party?!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,693 ✭✭✭Lisha

Anyone else watching again on plus1 ?

• Registered Users Posts: 28,815 ✭✭✭✭HeidiHeidi

Yeah, and WTF was that in the mirror before going to the party?!

Bald patch paranoia setting in :D

• Registered Users Posts: 7,988 ✭✭✭constitutionus

He wouldn't get in the door with that psycho. While i do think Elmo is the chink in Darren's armour, i still believe he could become head of the gang beforehand.

i'd be inclined to agree but he actually showed a bit of smarts tonight.

i thought he'd just lost the plot from frustration attacking elmos missus in desperation , but it was a ruse i didnt see coming and he was bang on in his tactic.

elmo came running.

he just wasnt around to see the payoff.

he'd definelty batter the shyte out of him but he might leave him well enought to get the info out of him that he'd done nothing to his da leaving nidge and dazzler well and truly up the spout.

TBH elmo may go the the RA yet as he knows he's fupped if he see's darren again.

Wils110 wrote: »
    I'd say Fran will find out about nidge shagging his missus and he'll do the stitching up..there showing some tension for next weeks episode it could all come out

There is tension between Darren and Nidge over the blood money and while Nidge trusts Darren, Darren is rapidly losing his trust in Nidge. Nidge could end up being the pup sold to Dano by Darren, Fran, Tommy, etc.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,193 ✭✭✭✭Kerrydude1981

Loved the music at the end,best programme RTE have ever had a hand in making

• Advertisement
  • Users Awaiting Email Confirmation Posts: 1,518 ✭✭✭Ciaran_B

We don't hear the word 'geebag' on television often enough.

Quality show.

Ciaran_B wrote: »
    We don't hear the word 'geebag' on television often enough.

Quality show.

thought i was the only one !

:D

• Registered Users Posts: 5,109 ✭✭✭TomOnBoard

I wonder will anyone buy L/H off RTE, that'd make a nice change, or wouldn't it travel well?

The ITV channel in Scotland has shown Series 1 & 2. So I can't see them passing on Series 3 when its this good.

Imagine if Taggart was in it- "There's bin a murrrderrr.. Och, there's another one.. And another murrrdderrrrr...."

• Registered Users Posts: 206 ✭✭Frere Jacques

He wouldn't get in the door with that psycho. While i do think Elmo is the chink in Darren's armour, i still believe he could become head of the gang beforehand.

My fault, that should read " One phone call to the pub..".

• Closed Accounts Posts: 548 ✭✭✭Wils110

There is tension between Darren and Nidge over the blood money and while Nidge trusts Darren, Darren is rapidly losing his trust in Nidge. Nidge could end up being the pup sold to Dano by Darren, Fran, Tommy, etc.

It be tommy an nidge ....first controlling not shagging the whore telling him to keep the missus quite can't wait for next week

TomOnBoard wrote: »
    The ITV channel in Scotland has shown Series 1 & 2. So I can't see them passing on Series 3 when its this good.

Imagine if Taggart was in it- "There's bin a murrrderrr.. Och, there's another one.. And another murrrdderrrrr...."

its malkied central !

:D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,428 ✭✭✭.jacksparrow.

Must have been the first episode their was no cocaine been done.

dont think nidge had a drink the entire episode !

Ha ha bit of detox for the Nidge weasel so he can run his empire with a clear head.

Dead man walking in my opinion. As for TVL, the sky is the limit after this show. Hopefully Hollywood is watching.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,693 ✭✭✭Lisha

He ordered pint bottle cider at bar after chewing tommy about not keeping siobhan happy but I did not see him drinking it

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,812 ✭✭✭Precious flower

Some sentences too are just a jumble of words for me :D, not that it's crucial to the storyline or anything but speak English you Dubliners and slowly, I can't understand you!:o The Dublin accent is a bit of a test for my Clare ears! :p Can't wait for the next episode though! Excited to see what effect Seán McGinley's character has! I think he's a brilliant actor. He must have been in every single Irish television show ever, it seems it can't be a show without him.:D

Darren's softside for Elmo has almost been a running theme throughout L/H. Series 1 when Hughie took a pop at Darren on the Street, Dazzler had a gun and got Elmo but helped him bandage up his wound and called an ambulance. Last week he let him live and also this week.

Same with Nidge and Darren. Cant help feeling that Nidge backing out of shooting Darren last series was ultra significant in the bigger picture.

Lisha wrote: »
    He ordered pint bottle cider at bar after chewing tommy about not keeping siobhan happy but I did not see him drinking it

Fair play he is supporting jobs in Tipp anyhow thanks Nidgey!!! :D

there was definetly a feeling of nidge getting his act together after the drink/coke fueled binge of the first two episodes.

thats what made his comments to trish in bed about the power of a good nights sleep so funny.

mightve been the first one he got in several days !

there was definetly a feeling of nidge getting his act together after the drink/coke fueled binge of the first two episodes.

thats what made his comments to trish in bed about the power of a good nights sleep so funny.

mightve been the first one he got in several days !

He'll have loads of resting time soon id say though he is such a weasel i wouldnt be surprised if he got out of it alive.

• Registered Users Posts: 781 ✭✭✭Cartel Mike

Obviously I loved the Sopranos but I can safely say that Love Hate is the closest tv show I have seen that measures up to some of the coolest screens from that show.

I think there modelling Nidge on Tony Soprano. The show is dead without him imo.

Camera angles are really cool this season .

• Registered Users Posts: 331 ✭✭eirekielthy

Story does anyone know a site I can watch season 1 and 2 on

• Registered Users Posts: 206 ✭✭Frere Jacques

Myself, I see Darren making it to the next series. Not too sure about nidge. The RA girl has about as much chance of seeing the end of the season as an unnamed extra on an away mission on Star Trek, probably throw herself in front of a RA bullet to save Daz. Once the cops find the phone on her body and the pic Darren's excape routes are going to get a bit limited. He might have to fight it out.
    My series 3 Lovehate bingo would look like this.
    RA girl/Dano/Tommy/Aido/Nidge.
    Aido is a shame as he never did much to anyone but the RA know where he lives and he can't run. I think Fran would sell his mother to dodge a hit.

Hats off to the writers.

• Registered Users Posts: 515 ✭✭✭full_irish

Yes lad. messages of the private variety lad.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 6,543 ✭✭✭Conmaicne Mara

Fair play he is supporting jobs in Tipp anyhow thanks Nidgey!!! :D

Ah here, he ordered cider, I never heard Bulmers mentioned :p

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement