Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Love/Hate [** Spoilers **]

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,970 ✭✭✭Lenin Skynard

HeidiHeidi wrote: »
    But what is/was it originally? I'm guessing a requiem - but whose :confused:

Handel

• Registered Users Posts: 28,815 ✭✭✭✭HeidiHeidi

Handel

Found it! Phew, I can sleep easy tonight now.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,470 ✭✭✭Tombo2001

larry_duff wrote: »
    i could be wrong but i think the actress playing siobhan played a troubled single mum in an rte drama from a number of years back , one of those series which features a different set of charechters each week

pretty sure elmo's uncle was in that same series playing an alcoholic....

was a great series, Prosperity.......didnt get the recognition it deserved; i'd rate it way ahead of of love/hate....

• Registered Users Posts: 5,745 ✭✭✭el diablo

Typhoon. wrote: »
    it was in the movie Barry Lyndon

What else was it in? I've never seen Barry Lyndon but it sounds so familiar.

We're all in this psy-op together.🤨

• Closed Accounts Posts: 23,718 ✭✭✭✭JonathanAnon

Darrens loyalty to Elmo will be his ultimate downfall.

Shur he told him to fk off to England and he didnt.. He should have got rid of him when he found out he hadnt gone...

Hey when Dano punched Elmo's missus in the face was anybody else half expecting to hear "Ah here, leave it out"... :D

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,812 ✭✭✭Precious flower

God, Nidge is really showing his true colours now, really hating his character but that always a sign of good acting! That was an awful scene where Dano attacked Elmo's wife. What a scumbag he is, calling her the scumbag! Feel so sorry for Elmo when it's all just Nidge trying to cover himself!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,543 ✭✭✭Conmaicne Mara

Have to say this is quality TV right here, credit where it's due, L/H is almost worth the license fee alone.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,168 ✭✭✭dats_right

Wow... Superb tv. RTE deserve great credit for making this.

Fran is a legend!

larry_duff wrote: »
    i could be wrong but i think the actress playing siobhan played a troubled single mum in an rte drama from a number of years back , one of those series which features a different set of charechters each week

The actress who played Siobhan's friend was in Prosperity back in 2007.

Here is a pic of the actor who played Aido from quite a while back. He was in the Stardust drama iirc. He has changed quite a bit it goes without saying

image004.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 206 ✭✭Frere Jacques

Kinda time that Elmo realised his best way of surviving is coming clean to the RA. One call to the pub would do it. It's pretty clear after tonight that his missus isn't safe. Now he must know that his relationship with Darren is close to an end. He shot your cousin and his wife, he know's where you live Elmo, get him taken out. (But then we've have no series 4)
    Looking forward to seeing Sean McGuinley, recognised the back of his head straight away. (probably the frying pan mark)

• Advertisement

(probably the frying pan mark)

:D:D:D

He deserved it, the bollix ;)

Tombo2001 wrote: »

was a great series, Prosperity.......didnt get the recognition it deserved; i'd rate it way ahead of of love/hate....

I didnt rate Prosperity tbh. Thought it was a pile of cack. Love/Hate kicks serious ass.

While we are on the subject of Prosperity i remember the young boy racer getaway driver from when Tommy went to clip Fran last year was actually also in it.

• Registered Users Posts: 85,098 ✭✭✭✭JP Liz V1

dats_right wrote: »
    Wow... Superb tv. RTE deserve great credit for making this.

Fran is a legend!

Yes Fran is becoming my fav character

I think Fran will stitch up Nidgie at the end of this season and for sure Elmo and Dazzler will be goners

I wonder will anyone buy L/H off RTE, that'd make a nice change, or wouldn't it travel well?

• Registered Users Posts: 8,693 ✭✭✭Lisha

[Quote=Frere know's where you live Elmo, get him taken out. (But then we've have no series 4)
    Looking forward to seeing Sean McGuinley, recognised the back of his head straight away. (probably the frying pan mark)[/Quote]

I recognised his head too delighted to see him in it
    It's all getting so out of control it's hard to see how it won't end in utter carnage

• Site Banned Posts: 5 larry_duff

Tombo2001 wrote: »

thats the one , one eppisode featured an african lady who was forced to go on the game

• Registered Users Posts: 7,988 ✭✭✭constitutionus

class episode all in all .

think its back on a par with the first episode IMO . Best thing is i havent a clue where its going. i sure as hell didnt see tommy and danos wife hooking up (and man does she seem keen, ya missed out nide ! :) )

the thing i love though is as its set in places ive grown up i have a whole side thing going on where i try to place the action. all i could think tonight for instance when dazzler was doing his runner from the gardai on the luas was "shure the next stops the hospital down the road, ya can catch him no bother ! "

:D:D:D

cant wait for next week.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,324 ✭✭✭Cork boy 55

Great show it is getting complicated now
    I have a felling it is a sneaking attempt at a government safe sex campaign

We need a flowchart now anyone know MS excel?

STI trail

IRA boss -> Siophan -> Tommy -> IRA boss son old lady -> IRA boss son
    Foxy prozzi
    > ^

• Registered Users Posts: 12,774 ✭✭✭✭mfceiling

el diablo wrote: »
    Yeah, nice bum. Not your typical Monaghan ass, eh. :P

FYP.......

• Registered Users Posts: 835 ✭✭✭Deskjockey

Excellent series. Just started watching this this season, must go back and get the previous seasons box set. Are they as good?

• Advertisement

Nidge tonight when he sarcastically said

"Oh why would i go near her when i have this beautiful thing with Trish"

:D:D

• Registered Users Posts: 7,988 ✭✭✭constitutionus

I wonder will anyone buy L/H off RTE, that'd make a nice change, or wouldn't it travel well?

pretty sure i heard your man that plays fran on one of the radio shows at the weekend saying its been bought in australia and the UK (iffy on the second one).

i think this thing'll do well in the states no problem, and slap on a dub track and ya got half of europe too.

christ knows its be great to be known for something more than "the lyrics board"

:D

Kinda time that Elmo realised his best way of surviving is coming clean to the RA. One call to the pub would do it. It's pretty clear after tonight that his missus isn't safe. Now he must know that his relationship with Darren is close to an end. He shot your cousin and his wife, he know's where you live Elmo, get him taken out. (But then we've have no series 4)
    Looking forward to seeing Sean McGuinley, recognised the back of his head straight away. (probably the frying pan mark)

He wouldn't get in the door with that psycho. While i do think Elmo is the chink in Darren's armour, i still believe he could become head of the gang beforehand.

One thing I find kind of funny is Jason Barry's (Dano's) expression, always looks like he's a bit constipated, maybe that's why he's angry all the time!:D

Typhoon. wrote: »
    it was in the movie Barry Lyndon

Is this on the Scarface soundtrack too? It's wrecking my head now.

One thing I find kind of funny is Jason Barry's (Dano's) expression, always looks like he's a bit constipated, maybe that's why he's angry all the time!:D

Barry normally plays a jolly curly haired typical irish man up for the craic in things. Hard to believe its the same actor. Very talented dude in my opinion.

Barry normally plays a jolly curly haired typical irish man up for the craic in things. Hard to believe its the same actor. Very talented dude in my opinion.
    No, I think he's character's is very good, didn't mean it like that just thought his expression sometimes is quite funny! :)

I've never seen him in anything else. (Never watched Titanic :p). What else is he in?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,970 ✭✭✭Lenin Skynard

Deskjockey wrote: »
    Excellent series. Just started watching this this season, must go back and get the previous seasons box set. Are they as good?

This is my first season too and I'm blown away by how good it has been so far. The boxsets of the first two seasons will definitely be on my christmas list if I can wait that long :D

• Advertisement

Hopefully "Happyman42" doesn't find this thread and get it locked again. :rolleyes:

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement