Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Love/Hate [** Spoilers **]

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 9,233 ✭✭✭sdanseo

Maybe it was subconscious, but I just got a Domino's delivered with this:

4JAdJ.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 43,852 ✭✭✭✭Basq

Fran has always been a slightly creepy character.. but good christ..

5TLPfD.png

.. terrifying!

Great opening episode and Brían F. O'Byrne (although only brief appearance) this evening will be a superb addition to the cast.

Tommy's lost it big time!

• Registered Users Posts: 6,675 ✭✭✭brian_t

Couple of things about the Tiger Kidnapping.

The mother and 2 girls didn't appear to as traumatised during the kidnapping as I thought they should be.

Also with the type of hoods they wore especially Frans Mask, would they and particularly Fran not have been spitting large quantities of DNA over the 3 females.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 24,878 ✭✭✭✭arybvtcw0eolkf

sdeire wrote: »

4JAdJ.jpg

Nice keyboard, back lit in red?.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,233 ✭✭✭sdanseo

Nice keyboard, back lit in red?.

Yeah, Cyborg V7

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,354 ✭✭✭nocoverart

sdeire wrote: »
    Yeah, Cyborg V7

The rating on that Keyboard should be higher than 3.7

Anyway, I'm not sure why but I feared for this season of Love/Hate. By the looks of it I couldn't of been more wrong. Great episode! :)

• Registered Users Posts: 18,503 ✭✭✭✭Also Starring LeVar Burton

Over in the US at the moment and didn't even know it was back this soon. So happy right now!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 131 ✭✭Cd_doe

brian_t wrote: »
    Couple of things about the Tiger Kidnapping.

The mother and 2 girls didn't appear to as traumatised during the kidnapping as I thought they should be.

Also with the type of hoods they wore especially Frans Mask, would they and particularly Fran not have been spitting large quantities of DNA over the 3 females.

I agree. I noticed they were speaking using their real names too.

"You bring her to the toilet tommy" surly That would be a big no no...

• Registered Users Posts: 1,297 ✭✭✭Son0vagun

Did any one notice in the brothel the dentist had two pairs of trousers. We see him getting up after being sick, and he starts doing his fly and belt up. Meanwhile the Madam Prostituite is going through a second pair of trousers looking for his wallet. I know he's been sick and has possibly been given a clean pair, but it was never explained.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,695 ✭✭✭December2012

Son0vagun wrote: »
    Did any one notice in the brothel the dentist had two pairs of trousers. We see him getting up after being sick, and he starts doing his fly and belt up. Meanwhile the Madam Prostituite is going through a second pair of trousers looking for his wallet. I know he's been sick and has possibly been given a clean pair, but it was never explained.

That's his jacket she's going through.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,507 ✭✭✭lufties

just saw the episode and must say it was very slow and a bit..meh.

hopefully it picks up next episode.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,885 ✭✭✭Optimalprimerib

She learned her dublin accent from the same place as Nidge

Yeah, I thought that she was goibg to be revealed as nidges sister

• Registered Users Posts: 4,695 ✭✭✭December2012

Yeah, I thought that she was goibg to be revealed as nidges sister

I don't think even Nidge would ride his sister.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,122 ✭✭✭Imhof Tank

She learned her dublin accent from the same place as Nidge

Don't be telling me her real name is Aimee and she went to Mount Anville?

• Registered Users Posts: 20,937 ✭✭✭✭Ash.J.Williams

Brothel madam: I'll do it nidge.
    Nidge: ah jsysus no, youve enough to be doing.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,792 ✭✭✭coolisin

Excellent episode, I think (and hope) it is setting it up for the rest of the season.

One thing missing the most was the "good guy" character, the guy you rooted for, with Darren being gone.

Thought the tiger kidnapping was really well done, a few moments of fair city acting but there was great tension, as you just were not sure what tommy was going to do to the daughter.

Now going to have a fizzy orange with breakfast!
    I'm thinking club orange over fanta personally!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,543 ✭✭✭Conmaicne Mara

coolisin wrote: »
    One thing missing the most was the "good guy" character, the guy you rooted for, with Darren being gone.

That'll be Siobhan or Tomeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeey then.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,748 ✭✭✭✭Lovely Bloke

I'm rooting for Fran, if that makes me morally despicable so be it.

I also hope more kitties get it in the neck.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,852 ✭✭✭ncmc

I thought last nights episode was superb, people are saying that it was slow and that there were bits in it that didn’t seem important – it’s episode 1, I’m sure they are just setting up storylines for the rest of the season. I actually enjoyed the slower pace, I think it gave the chance to introduce new characters and really, it’s not realistic for a major character to be killed off every week. I really liked Brian O’Byrne’s character, I like the fact that we are getting an insight into the operation to catch the bad guys.

I for one am glad Darren is gone, I never liked him as a character or an actor. I never bought his portrayal as the ‘tortured soul’. I am glad that some of the more sideline characters are coming into the light. As usual. Superb acting from TVL, Peter Cooney and Charlie Murphy.

I didn’t find last nights episode boring at all, were people watching a different episode to me???? I thought the tiger kidnapping was brilliantly shot, the bit outside the petrol station had my heart racing for about 10 minutes! And Fran in that mask was enough to give me a sleepless night!

Bring on the rest of season 4, I think it’s going to be a corker.

• Registered Users Posts: 269 ✭✭bellinter

Cant believe some people seem to think it was boring? I found it incredibly tense throughout and think all the pieces are set up nicely for the next 5 episodes. The kidnapping was brilliantly done. Was never a fan of the Elmo character before but he was very good last night.

The police investigation, the dentist, Tommy, the cops and of course Danno and Lizzy still involved. It certainly has the makings of another great series

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 4,301 ✭✭✭Daveysil15

Is Debbie not in it anymore?

• Registered Users Posts: 7,205 ✭✭✭Lucas Hood

Thought it was quite good .

One thing I picked up on . The robbery in the garage was on Parnell Road and they showed the Garda coming from the north side for them when there's loads of Garda stations in the area .

No big deal I suppose .

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,438 ✭✭✭TwoShedsJackson

Daveysil15 wrote: »

We can only hope.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,687 ✭✭✭✭jack presley

Lucas Hood wrote: »

One thing I picked up on . The robbery in the garage was on Parnell Road and they showed the Garda coming from the north side for them when there's loads of Garda stations in the area .

No big deal I suppose .

Have you ever seen the route they use to get to the Rotunda in the Snapper?

• Registered Users Posts: 18,625 ✭✭✭✭BaZmO*

Lucas Hood wrote: »

No big deal I suppose .

If you know Dublin at all you'd see those type of continuity errors all throughout the series. Although that said, it's not really an issue with continuity as it's only an issue if you know the areas.

• Registered Users Posts: 28,458 ✭✭✭✭murpho999

Enjoyed last night's show.

People complaining about it being slow.

Can you not realise that this is a television drama series and not an action show like The A Team.

Can't stand when people don't enjoy good acting and dialog and just want events all the time.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,507 ✭✭✭lufties

ncmc wrote: »
    I thought last nights episode was superb, people are saying that it was slow and that there were bits in it that didn’t seem important – it’s episode 1, I’m sure they are just setting up storylines for the rest of the season. I actually enjoyed the slower pace, I think it gave the chance to introduce new characters and really, it’s not realistic for a major character to be killed off every week. I really liked Brian O’Byrne’s character, I like the fact that we are getting an insight into the operation to catch the bad guys.

I for one am glad Darren is gone, I never liked him as a character or an actor. I never bought his portrayal as the ‘tortured soul’. I am glad that some of the more sideline characters are coming into the light. As usual. Superb acting from TVL, Peter Cooney and Charlie Murphy.

I didn’t find last nights episode boring at all, were people watching a different episode to me???? I thought the tiger kidnapping was brilliantly shot, the bit outside the petrol station had my heart racing for about 10 minutes! And Fran in that mask was enough to give me a sleepless night!

Bring on the rest of season 4, I think it’s going to be a corker.

I wasn't impressed being honest but i reckon it'll set up the rest of the series nicely, season 3 opened a lot quicker so people expected last night's opener to be similar.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,061 ✭✭✭Kenny Logins

murpho999 wrote: »

Can't stand when people don't enjoy good acting and dialog and just want events all the time.

To be fair, that's how the show started out; poor acting and dialogue, and the occasional lad getting 'clipped' just to keep it interesting. Some people may be expecting it to continue like this.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,143 ✭✭✭D-FENS

The brothel madam is Mary Murray, i remember her from the late 90's irish film Crushproof.
    She was in Love/Hate last year too

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 29,077 ✭✭✭✭HeidiHeidi

Daveysil15 wrote: »

She was on the Late Late Show last weekend, so I assume she'll appear at some point.

Weakest link by a long shot IMO.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement