Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Love/Hate [** Spoilers **]

Options

Comments

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 9,425 ✭✭✭FearDark

What a great episode, Nidge's paranoia, Fran being a psycho, Tommy being messed up in the head... It's really great writing, has to be the best Irish show ever.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 131 ✭✭Cd_doe

Once a week is not enough!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,594 ✭✭✭newmember2

Tonight's episode was a bit of a mess imho

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,425 ✭✭✭Festy

I'm glad they killed the cat

newmember? wrote: »
    Tonight's episode was a bit of a mess imho

Go on...

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 477 ✭✭FirstinLastout

RayM wrote: »
    When Darren got shot, I barely batted an eyelid. The cat though... fucking hell. It was all so casual, so unexpected. No poignant music, no slow-motion, lingering camera shots, no fading to black. And in the opening scene too...

Well the cat was a better actor and way less of a pussy to boot!!;)

• Registered Users Posts: 120 ✭✭Stiltzkin

Everyone stop ****ing crying about the cat. Talk about being a social degenerate.. I didn't hear the same uproar when Fran's dogs were bashed with a baseball bat.. Or when actual human beings get gunned down? That's saying a lot when people don't give a **** seeing a human get wiped off the face of the earth but when they see a cat die it's the end of the world.

How did the gards find the woman and girls, did they have phones?

I think the father bottled it and tipped the guards off while the other lad was in the shop

Darren should have really carried a donor card. That little bit of brain on the petri dish beside his corpse tonight could have really done something for Tommy.

• Registered Users Posts: 434 ✭✭TheBoffin

The reaction of every cat in Ireland here

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 5,378 ✭✭✭BuilderPlumber

Great opening episode. The cat was probably one of the few innocents to die and def the most innocent! But they better keep Nidge alive, he is amazing.

• Registered Users Posts: 293 ✭✭NoClues

Stiltzkin wrote: »
    Everyone stop ****ing crying about the cat. Talk about being a social degenerate.. I didn't hear the same uproar when Fran's dogs were bashed with a baseball bat.. Or when actual human beings get gunned down? That's saying a lot when people don't give a **** seeing a human get wiped off the face of the earth but when they see a cat die it's the end of the world.

Yeah but Frans dogs were just after mauling that guy half to death, the poor cat did nothing to no-one, apart from maybe catching some bothersome mice hanging around the flats.

RIP cat, you're in a better place now.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,465 ✭✭✭SweetCaliber

I think the father bottled it and tipped the guards off while the other lad was in the shop

Yeah, Nidge rang Fran and told him to get out of there, I'm sure the girls and the mother then rang the guards as the father didn't know where they were.

Well the cat was a better actor and way less of a pussy to boot!!;)

Never a truer word spoken, that lad who played Darren is a horrendous actor, most unconvincing one ever anyway, still don't know whether he was a good guy or a bad guy or a simple guy. The show will be much better without him.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,389 ✭✭✭Gadgetman496

Can't be it, Father had no idea they were in the ghost estate.....

"Everybody is a genius. But if you judge a fish by its ability to climb a tree, it will live its whole life believing that it is stupid."

FearDark wrote: »
    Go on...

I felt there were too many scenes where it was like they were just trying to lay the foundations for future storylines and by the end of the episode very little happening other than Tommy gettin nicked.

Can't be it, Father had no idea they were in the ghost estate.....

Cough cough, I explained it above ^^

I felt there were too many scenes where it was like they were just trying to lay the foundations for future storylines and by the end of the episode very little happening other than Tommy gettin nicked.

What do you expect from the first episode of a new season? I thought it was great, they're obviously going to have to set up things for the season, thats TV and its what every good show does. Great opening I thought, the whole tiger kidnapping thing was fantastic. Tommy getting nicked, dont forget about that kid out to clip Nidge also and him working for Lizzie/Git's son. (forget his name)... And the new angle on the dentist lad, looks like Nidge will work him over for serious money.

They didn't have phones or know where they were either...presumably the gang notified someone of their whereabouts once the job was over.

That doesn't explain it.....

Remember the daughter in the jax scene asking Tommy where they were & if they were still in Dublin? His reply was "Don't know"

Hope your cough gets better :D

"Everybody is a genius. But if you judge a fish by its ability to climb a tree, it will live its whole life believing that it is stupid."

• Advertisement

FearDark wrote: »
    What do you expect from the first episode of a new season? I thought it was great, they're obviously going to have to set up things for the season, thats TV and its what every good show does...

yeh sure...I just thought there were too many...

Preview of next weeks episode.....

Machine_gun_cat.gif

Frano would take care of that pussy in a heartbeat!!!

-

• Registered Users Posts: 353 ✭✭yizorselves

They didn't have phones or know where they were either...presumably the gang notified someone of their whereabouts once the job was over.

Or they stopped and told someone when they got out of the estate. Not in feckin Siberia ya know!

Can you just imagine phoning the cops and saying you were in a ghost estate?

They wouldn't have anywhere near enough manpower to cover all of them in this country.

That doesn't explain it.....

Remember the daughter in the jax scene asking Tommy where they were & if they were still in Dublin? His reply was "Don't know"

Hope your cough gets better :D

:rolleyes: Well, they could of escaped the ghostly estate flagged down a car, asked for help, or could of seen a bystander asked them for help.

I suppose, there is no real answer to the question :D

• Registered Users Posts: 9,233 ✭✭✭sdanseo

Epic start to another season.

Fizzy orange had me half missing normal Tommy, half bawling laughing.

sdeire wrote: »
    Epic start to another season.

Fizzy orange had me half missing normal Tommy, half bawling laughing.

I wonder if every time your nicked and thrown in the back of a squad car, do they always ask you if you'd like a drink? :D

If you notice Nidge's son Warren over the last few seasons there seems to be that little bit of resentment towards his parents and it really showed tonight when he was refusing to try on the tie for Trish,etc.

No fear in the little guy in the pram though who was only thinking of filling his belly

I wonder if every time your nicked and thrown in the back of a squad car, do they always ask you if you'd like a drink? :D

They know Tommy might prove to be an asset yet so they are keeping him sweet.

• Advertisement

they are keeping him sweet.

Very good :) sweet with fizzy orange :D

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement