Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Win tickets to an advance screening of Toy Story 3 thanks to Barnardos

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 32 pconnolly79

Ok, here it goes, my first ever post so fingers crossed I win the tickets for my girlfriend who loves Toystory, My favourite charracter would have to be Woody, Tom Hanks just always plays a brilliant part even as a cartoon character.

If I can get the chance, i'd love 2 tickets please.

Thanks

Peter

• Closed Accounts Posts: 19 Flana

Buzz is a howl,
    4 tickets if I'm lucky enough to bring the family

• Closed Accounts Posts: 19 Flana

Sorry forgot to say why,
    Buzz is a howl because he is clearly from our time, he firmly believes he's a space cadet.
    Like some people I know !!!
    4 tickets if I'm lucky enough to bring the family

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2 RedSpoon

Barbie! Because she looks hilarious in the trailer when she meets Ken and is voiced by the same woman who did the voice of The Little Mermaid :D
    I'd like 4 tickets but even 2 would be great!

• Registered Users Posts: 44 fulhamc

Slinky Dog because he's barking mad.
    Family tkt of 4 would be greatttttt

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 180 ✭✭IrishEmperor

Woody - mainly because of the awesome vocal talent of Tom Hanks!
    & the sarcasm:
    Buzz: I've set my laser from stun to kill.
    Woody: Oh, great. If anyone attacks we can blink em' to death.

2 tickets please!

• Registered Users Posts: 156 ✭✭MoogPoo

Slinky dog definately, everything about him is hilarious. I love the way he's animated, hilarious walk, and his cool accent.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,763 ✭✭✭Muckie

My favourite is Evil Emperor Zurg i think he's misunderstood!.

Love where he gets to bond with Buzz in the second Toy Story
    and they end up playing ball together :D.

Two Adult and two kiddes tickets for me please if i win. Thanks.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,590 ✭✭✭Pigwidgeon

Rex, he's just amazing. Hilarious.
    Followed by slinky.

4 tickets for 4 big children who've been waiting 11 years for this movie. Pleeeease.

• Registered Users Posts: 88 ✭✭TheQueen

Buzz, my two year old adores him!

Would love four tickets if possible so we can all go but would be thrilled with two!

Many Thanks
    From an exhausted mammy of three

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 22 thelittleone

REX! He is has to be the most considerate dinosaur and always great for a panic :)

"What if Andy gets another dinosaur? A mean one? I just don't think I can take that kind of rejection!"

(4 tickets would be amazing but 2 would do fine!)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,241 ✭✭✭Darragh

Hey all

I'm going to close this competition tomorrow and announce/contact all the winners before 11am :)

Cheers

Darragh

• Registered Users Posts: 681 ✭✭✭Enemy Of Fate

Ummm....its kinda hard to pick just one, but if I had to I guess I'd go with Rex. Hes just so happy and innocent, and always seems to get a bad deal (i.e "Use your head!!!").

Anyways I'd like either 2 or 4 tickets, either would be fine, but with 4 tickets I could bring my little brother and sister.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,700 ✭✭✭tricky D

Mr Potato Head. Some great comedy and versatility.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,247 ✭✭✭stevejazzx

Al the toy collector played by the brilliant Wayne Knight, he's so sleazy it's great.

"6 packages to Japan is how much? What? That's in yen, right? DOLLARS?'! Oh, you are deliberately takin' advantage of people in a hurry! You know that"?

And alternate Buzz Lightyear - he's so deluded it's fantastic - starts to choke when real Buzz pops opens his space gravity helmet :D (this comes after the the who's the real Buzz Lightyear scene)

4 tickets please!

• Registered Users Posts: 534 ✭✭✭neaideabh

My favouraite charactor is Rex because despite how he clumsily he portrays himself, he shows he has business streak about him!

Mr. Potato Head: Oh Really? I'm from Playskool!
    Rex: And I'm from Mattel. I'm not really from Mattel, I'm actually from a smaller company that was purchased by Mattel in a leveraged buyout.

• Registered Users Posts: 136 ✭✭laurynsmam

Definitely Buzz as he is the hero but a bit dim at the same time. I love him
    Would love tickets for a family please

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1 dave9389

Rex the Dinosaur....purely for these quotes...

"You'd think with all my video game experience I'd be feeling more prepared"..after being killed by zurg AGAIN

"But what if Andy gets another dinosaur? A mean one? I just don't think I can take that kind of rejection."

Rex (to Buzz #2): "Ah, Buzz, you could've defeated Zurg all along. You just need to believe in yourself!" (gasps as Zurg aims his "ion blaster" at Buzz #2's head)
    Zurg (to Buzz #2): "Prepare to die!"
    Rex: "Ah, I can't look! (turns away, but his tail knocks Zurg off the elevator) I did it! I finally defeated Zurg!"
    Buzz #2: "Father..."
    —Rex "defeats" Zurg 4 tickets pretty please iv been waitin so long to see this!!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9 mts

Definitely Buzz, I love his childlike innocence, eternal optimism and his blind refusal to stare facts in the face :)

I would love 2 tickets to bring my daughter please :)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,190 ✭✭✭Dublinstiofán

It's gotta be Sid he reminds me of me. Evil

Two tickets for my mate and myself would be amazing!

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 10,461 Mod ✭✭✭✭Axwell

Its got to be Buzz! The little jokes and parodies aimed at an older audience just make him hilarious!

The names Lightyear, Buzz Lightyear!..to infinity and beyond or preferably the cinema! 2 tickets please :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,784 ✭✭✭Superbus

Woody. For my first birthday I got a Woody doll. At the time, it was by far my most cherished possesion; it went everywhere with me. I grew to devour the first two movies on video; Woody was always my favorite character. Toy Story 2 was the first movie I saw in the cinema, aged 5; I still remember being overjoyed at the happy ending.

I still have the Woody doll, unlike any of my other childhood toys. He's currently sitting beside my laptop, smiling away, with his pullstring fully functional. Toy Story is something I grew up with, and seeing the first two again in 3D was a great experience, and I've been looking forward to this 3rd one since it was first announced. So yep, would appreciate the chance to go see the culmination of Woody's adventure. Even if he is a sad, strange little man.

I'd be looking for two tickets. One for me, one for my equally obsessive friend! Though four would be fine too I suppose... :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18 no panic

Loved toy story 1 from when my first born was mad into it and he is now a teenager. Our favourite character was buzz lightyear first and foremost followed by stinky pete! would love to win 4 tickets, it's our little girls 4th birthday on 19th July so it would be a great prize for her!

• Registered Users Posts: 38 jelfs

The Evil Emperor Zurg, because when we watched Toy Story 2 repeatedly, my son and I, he would cuddle me every time Zurg came on and re-assure me that Zurg wouldn't get me, he would fight him off! There was just myself and him then, there's 5 of us now!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,604 ✭✭✭xOxSinéadxOx

REX. he's so funny and he's little teeny arms are so cute! 4 tickets please :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18,056 ✭✭✭✭BostonB

The green army men. I loved these as a kid. They protected my xmas tree every year for years. 4 tickets if poss.

• Registered Users Posts: 562 ✭✭✭Kingkong

There is only one clear winner, no matter what people say they always remember Buzz Lightyear saying 'To infinity and beyond"

3 Tickets if possible

Tks

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,255 ✭✭✭✭Esoteric_

I love Rex the dinosaur purely for this -

"What if Andy gets another dinosaur? A mean one? I just don't think I can take that kind of rejection!"

4 tickets please, would love to bring my two little sisters and the bf :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5 Sophie123

Mine is Slinky Dog cause he always tries to see the good in people/toys! And also cause they're so creative with the way they use the fact that he is a slinky in the films!

I'd love 4 tickets, but I'd be really happy with 2 either!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 147 ✭✭xxchloexx

Mrs potato head purely for the line "I've packed your angry eyes aswel just incase" when getting mr potato head ready to go save woody!
    4 tickets please my little brothers and sister would love this! :D

Advertisement