Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Win tickets to an advance screening of Toy Story 3 thanks to Barnardos

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 59 ✭✭Inso Maniac

baah theres a reason why everyone loves toy story and thats mainly because ALL the characters are lovable!!!!XDDD

but i suppose i do love Hamm.....sarcasm all the way!!
    "come on lets see how much we'll go for in ebay...¬¬"
    that just made the trailer of toy story 3 for me, and know that its gonna be an amazing film..^____^

2 tickets please!!^w^

• Registered Users Posts: 1,414 ✭✭✭ALS

Has to be Wheezy the squeezy penguin who lost his squeak, put up on the shelf cause he was too old but rescued by Woody and got his squeak back "just like me "

Family ticket woody be great :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,911 ✭✭✭Zombienosh

Rex is the best
    What if Andy gets another dinosaur? A mean one? I just don't think I can take that kind of rejection!

Hes so afraid of not being scary and fierce and constantly thinks andy will replace him.
    Rex: ROAR!
    Woody: Hey, how ya doin', Rex.
    Rex: [stops roaring] Were you scared? Tell me honestly.
    Woody: I was close to being scared that time.
    Rex: I'm going for fearsome here, but I just don't feel it! I'm think I'm just coming off as annoying.

Toy-Story-Rex.jpg

:)
    If i got tickets id just want 2

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,971 ✭✭✭we'llallhavetea_old

my daughter says she likes bullseye the best because she's mad about horses and she says that he walks funny on the record player and she loves it :)

personally i love mr potato head "i'm a married spud, i'm a married spud"

"Save it for the jury! I hope Sid pulls your voice-box out, you creep!"

and i love the part where mrs. potato head shoves the play doh in his back and it spills out his ears.

we cannot wait for toy story 3! :D

2 or 4 tickets, i don't mind.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,771 ✭✭✭Mark Hamill

Andys mom is my favourite character. Why you ask? Its simple. She is one of the greatest movie villains I have ever seen. It is her, who time and time again has tried to get rid of Woody, jealous of the time Andy spends with him, all the while keeping total secrecy.

Firstly by instigating a "toy class" rivalary between upper level antiquated Woody and lower level mass produced Buzz. She knew that Andy, being a child would be distracted by the crass and flashy Buzz, giving her time to dispose of Woody, all the while planning on Andy getting tired of Buzz, who he had no emotional growing-up ties to. The glee she must have felt when both went missing at the same time. She was had Andy all to herself, ready to mold him into the good boy that she needed to run a motel that she was soon to inheret in remote Arizona. You could hear the heartbreak at the end of the first film when they turned up in the car.

In the sequel, she goes all out and sets a plan to sell Woody while Andy is away, firstly by injuring Woody so he cant accompany Andy, then by enticing him outside using a variation of the "wounded soldier" tactic (when hunting a group of soldiers, after capturing one, injure it and use its cries for help to entice the others to help him, this is used in the new predators film), using a Wheezy penguin. She then sells Woody to a scrupulous toy fanatic, (who she recognised from TV and had previously searched on the internet and found out that he collected Woodies type of toys and was planning to sell them to a Japanese museum, you can just tell). She didnt expect that the other toys didn't just sit back and let their leader be removed and went and rescued him.

And now we have Toy Story 3. The toys are no longer sitting back and deciding to act first to stop Mom once and for all. They cant do it themsleves, so they hire a ragtag group of mercenaries to do the job: smooth ladies man Ken, strong man aviatophobic Trixie, Insane pilot Mr Picklepants and Buttercup, the one who likes it when a plan comes together (or so I am lead to believe).

Who comes out on top? I dont know. But I do know it will be a wild ride not to be missed and I would like two tickets please :).

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,623 ✭✭✭Dancor

Buzz for me.

Such a fluke at being a space ranger.

2 tix.

• Registered Users Posts: 105 ✭✭sarah+1

Rex. If I was in Toy Story I'd be Rex.

• Registered Users Posts: 144 ✭✭Dub6Kevin

Bo Peep!
    She's a babe. ;-)

2 tickets would be great.

• Registered Users Posts: 18 coilly

Slinky the Dog, "unsung hero" according to my sister!
    We'd love 4 tickets if there are any left!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 438 ✭✭SubLuminal

Mr & Mrs Potato head -

I can relate to him!

2 tix if they're going for me and my Mrs Potato head..

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 13 cc117

Would have to be the obvious buzz and woody from the kids but I really like tour guide barbie.

Four tickets if possible thanks

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 29,113 CMod ✭✭✭✭johnny_ultimate

It's possibly a bit of a cliche but I'll say Buzz Lightyear.

Why? Well, Toy Story as a series is rather important for me. I credit it with getting me interested in cinema for reals. It was the first film I saw that truly made me fall in love with the moving image, and hence I bugged my parents watching it incessantly as a kid.

When I was eight or nine, my parents surprised myself and my brother with a trip to Euro Disney, and a wee bit of spending money. I had absolutely no doubt in my mind what said spending money was going on. I remember excitedly entering one of the stores on Main Street USA and handing over (what must have been) francs and being handed a shiny Buzz Lightyear in return. I adored that toy. The cynic in me recognises know that Toy Story is pretty much built to sell action figures, but that Buzz (with voice box, wings flipping helmet, and, obviously, blinking laser) was just great. It's still upstairs, a little grubby perhaps, but it still works. It's not quite the same as the movie version - the wing-span isn't as impressive, for one - but it was great. I had a Buzz Lightyear, and that piece of plastic was a huge deal for me.

In any case, Buzz is the core of the Toy Story series. He encapsulates the very nature of the series - a character adapting to being a child's plaything. His evolution from assured 'Space Ranger' to finally realising that he is, in fact, a toy, and setting out to save Woody gives the first two films a very central and engaging arc. The moment when he falls from the stairs and breaks is one of the most heartbreaking images in any film, ever. Plus, he's hilarious: I still get a laugh when I hear "You are a sad strange little man, and you have my pity".

Every character in Toy Story is important, and Buzz is put on the backburner a little compared to Woody in the sequel, but Toy Story is built around the duo of Woody and Buzz. Woody is the traditional, old-fashioned and slightly shoddy toy. Buzz is the top-of-the-range one, with added flashing lights. They're both vital to the storytelling, but Buzz was always the one for me. Call me shallow, but Buzz Lightyear may just be the best toy ever.

Oh, and two tickets please if successful :)

• Registered Users Posts: 928 ✭✭✭Shelli2

I have to say Jessi, seeing as I have to ‘become’ her at least once a day while my son runs around with whatever he can make a lasso out of , shouting “yee haw cowboy”. Although, I do love Buzz, or “Duzz Whiteyer” as he’s called in my house!

Every morning now I get two question from my 2yr old, first is always “Is it my Birthday today?” and second is “Can we see the Toy Story movie today, the new one!”

I would love 4 tickets to take my son, his dad and my niece to see it! What a surprise it would be for them!

Fingers and toes crossed!!! :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 100 ✭✭collegemum

We would love 4 tickets..My daughter loves Jessie as she met her in Disneyland Paris and we played a lasso game with her.

:)

• Registered Users, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 6,515 Mod ✭✭✭✭sharkman

Buzz Lightyear.

"To infinity ... and beyond!"
    Just simply because of that. :)

I'd love 3 tickets , one for each of the family . Of if they are in 4's I'll kidnap next doors nipper !;)

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 11,139 Mod ✭✭✭✭Mr. Manager

It's got to be Rex! I mean there's no question about it.

"What if Andy gets another dinosaur? A mean one? I just don't think I can take that kind of rejection!"

2 tickets if I happen to be "the choooosen one" ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 229 ✭✭zzxx

Buzz Lightyear - for teaching me how to 'fall with style'!! Family ticket please!!

• Registered Users Posts: 168 ✭✭kirb42

Jessie is a hard one to beat, especially her theme song
    When Somebody Loved Me..... Check it out on youtube... if 4 tickets were available, I'd make good use of them.... Kind Regards for the opportunity...

• Registered Users Posts: 105 ✭✭rustyf81

I cannot WAIT for this to come out!! :):):) I love Mr Potato Head...My favourite!! When he's hoping that Andys present is a Mrs Potato head!! Agghh...

Would love four tickets to this!!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,606 ✭✭✭smallgarden

would love 4 tickets for me,my mam,my sister(her birthdays tuesday), my nephew(massive fan,hes only 3 and loves buzz lightyear)hes running around kitchen shouting to infinity and beyond with his arms out in the air

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 230 ✭✭Ghall

Can't wait to see Toy Story 3, Lotso is my new favourite character. Would love to win 4 tickets to bring the kids!

• Registered Users Posts: 15 Metal Head Hunter

Mr. Potato Head, his sarcasm and superior attitude make him easily the best!

"Hey Pig look I'm picasso!"
    "Eh....I don't get it"
    "You uncultured swine!!"

2 tickets would be great!

• Registered Users Posts: 136 ✭✭adcrawley

Mrs Potato Head, Mrs Potato Head, Mrs Potato Head, cos she goes to pieces every times she sees Mr Potato Head.
    4 tickets would be great, we could all go.
    2 tickets would be every bit as good, the kids can go...

• Registered Users Posts: 261 ✭✭elsy

my favourite character is mr potatoe head he cracks me up with his one liners. my 3 year old loves toy story so much. 3 tickets would be a dream come true!

• Registered Users Posts: 48 -Dugg!e-

Woody is my favorite, simply for the reference to Buzz's light that he can "blink them to death" lol epic

• Registered Users Posts: 253 ✭✭jaybee747

Has to be Buzz for me, He was a legend and some what unstable in the first Toy Story.

"I've crash landed on a strange planet"

Oh and i'd love 4 please for myself and my 3 youngins.

• Registered Users Posts: 47 Jr.Hero

Would have to be Hamm the pig. His quick wit and one-liners I find hilarious:D.
    2 Tickets would be brilliant

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,066 ✭✭✭elekid

Rex - He looks scary but he's such a softy :)

2 tickets would be great if I'm lucky!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,763 ✭✭✭Jax Teller

woodys my favourite just cause i like cowboys :D
    4 tickets if possible but 2 would be fine also

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 53 ✭✭PETERDGRIFFIN

Got to be Jessie - ballsy woman with a soft side

We would love to go as 4

Advertisement