Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Ireland has one of the highest cocaine death rates

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,631 ✭✭✭✭Hank Scorpio

So what?

Well guided kids with caring parents don't do drugs. Just because you're living next to a dealer doesn't mean that they're going to turn in to junkies.

Dont think thats entirely true tbh

• Registered Users Posts: 1,511 ✭✭✭saywhatyousee

the standart of cocaine in ireland is actually quite good i have had worse loads of places(you just need to find the right person)not the neighbourhood clown;)

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 5,671 ✭✭✭BraziliaNZ

Most of the cocaine here is probably about 5% pure! I'd say it's whatever other crap they mix it with that kills people. I used to take it a few years ago, but got fed up with dealers telling me it's "bleedin' deadly straight off the rock stuff" (no one knows what off the rock means), only to spend the night snorting sawdust, that barely kept me awake.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 844 ✭✭✭Elevator

Cant walk out my door without seeing someone coked up, I seriously hope the next batch brought in is cut with rat poison and kills all the leeches that take it

where do you live ffs?

Yes I want all drug dealers and users to die, they are a plague on society and only offer burdon and misery, and as usual its the working class comunities that suffer the most from this problem.

I know in mid-90s drug dealing was decreased dramatically, mainly down to dealers being brought out to mountains to be tortured and executed, I pray for these days again.

what planet are you on?

drink alcohol/smoke tobacco much

the likes of you should be brought out to the mountains and tortured

Christ!!

• Advertisement

I await any proof or evidence you have to prove that the IRA or any republicans take pay offs from drug dealers.

The first part was right though, they did help residents and kept drugs out.

i really cannot believe what I am hearing here

i know for an absolute fact that the "Irish republican army" had no more interest in clearing out dealers unless they weren't paying protection money or selling the ra's drugs for them

you don't have a clue and everyone here including those who's only encounter with drugs is off the telly know you don't have a clue

now you might believe what you are stating here and I'd bet you get very excited at the prospect of pushing all dealers out, never going to happen and bestnof luck to you in your one man crusade

woo hoo!!!

So you say, but at the end of the day they were and are men and women who for centuries have been spent years upon years in prison and died selflessly for Irish Unity and the defense of vunrable communities, I hardly call that pond life, what have you done for Ireland betterment lately?

And the likes of Pearse, Clarke, Bobby Sands, are these also pond life?

sure all them "heros" you mention must be turning in their graves cos the cause today is not the cause the gave their lives for

• Closed Accounts Posts: 27,252 ✭✭✭✭stovelid

So of the ~4million people in Ireland, ~30 die per year of Cocaine? That's not bad going at all!

Jesus.

I'm giving up smoking and drinking for some of this.

Far better odds.

Seriously though: I'm no scientist but if that's the death rate for a drug that is usually only a minority component in a compound sold unscrupulously by criminals, imagine what it would it be for strictly regulated/tested legal stuff?

Until you provide concrete proof that republicans of any shade are not revolutionaries but infact criminals who profit from drug dealing(a very serious allegation considering the IRA has lost hundreds of its members in conflict) then what you say is absolute bullsh*t.

The book you give reference to is written by a man with no credibility due to his criminality, who has been exposed as an outright liar and fantasist probably down to his heavy use of drugs, there are many books like this, mainly by the likes of hacks Paul Williams who like you offer no proof other then from unnamed 'sources'.

sorry mods but would ya ever go and take a run and jump mate

you are so misinformed/brainwashed it's not even funny

the ira don't just launder diesel ya know

• Closed Accounts Posts: 243 ✭✭Tilt Gone

No way??? People are dying from taking coke!! Shock horror. And how many die from smoking and drinking each year?

oh sorry i forgot those are nice taxable drugs.

And for yer man who thinks we should all be brought up the mountains and shot.......

Get a life ya sad case. I never heard such nonense in my life. The IRA couldn't give a ****e about dealers. As long as you hand up a few quid to the right person you can sell wherever you like. That's the way it's always been and if you think other wise you're delusional.

What do you think was helping pay for the weapons all those years.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 87 ✭✭Dead Kennedys

If people want to take drugs let them. We should be selling heroin in McDonalds to junkies. The Strong(ie non drug users) will survive and the weak will perish. They way it should be.

'Heor gimme a Mc Fix weh Fries I sez... ana spoon'

• Registered Users Posts: 3,373 ✭✭✭Executive Steve

And the likes of Pearse, are these also pond life?

Pearse was a pedophile.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,373 ✭✭✭Executive Steve

So what?

Well guided kids with caring parents don't do drugs.

Rubbish tbh.

• Registered Users Posts: 23,246 ✭✭✭✭Dyr

Elevator wrote: »
    i really cannot believe what I am hearing here

i know for an absolute fact that the "Irish republican army" had no more interest in clearing out dealers unless they weren't paying protection money or selling the ra's drugs for them

Well I'll take your absolute fact over my own experiences and the gardee's inability to pin any drug related activity on the provies. Your fact is, after all, an ABSOLUTE fact

• Registered Users Posts: 87 ✭✭Dead Kennedys

Pearse was a pedophile.

Really, I never knew that, do you have a link?

• Registered Users Posts: 28,789 ✭✭✭✭ScumLord

Predalien wrote: »
    Well, not everyone in the country does cocaine so it's about 30 deaths per year amongst coke users who number about 50,000, so it is quite high. Some fairly shocking figures here from the dublin coroners court
    http://www.rte.ie/news/2008/0111/cocaine.html
    Is it cocaine though? When you get a load of deaths due to a street drug it can often be because of the things mixed through it more than anything. I'm not saying long term cocaine use is safe or anything but the crap that's mixed through it can't help matters.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,872 ✭✭✭strobe

stovelid wrote: »
    Seriously though: I'm no scientist but if that's the death rate for a drug that is usually only a minority component in a compound sold unscrupulously by criminals, imagine what it would it be for strictly regulated/tested legal stuff?

A lot of drug overdose deaths are caused by people not knowing exactly how much of the drug they are taking. Like you say it is a minority component in the drug and from dealer to dealer, batch to batch it is rarely exactly the same amount any five times. Someone that is used to taking 2 or 3 grams of coke on a night out from a particular source that is usually say 4-5% pure will still take thier usuall 2 or 3 grams when they get it from another source presuming it is average strength stuff without knowing it is 9-10% pure. So they are taking double thier usual dose.

If everyone knew that the dose they were taking was gauranteed 6% purity they would be far better able to judge what their body is capable of taking. That's the theory behind strictly regulated stuff leading to fewer OD's.

Most people used to taking a gram of 10% purity cocaine before feeling unwell won't go out, buy 90% purity and take the exact same amount no more than most people who know they can drink 1.5 litres of 13.5% alcoholic drink before feeling sick will go out and buy a 60% alcoholic drink and then drink 1.5 litres of it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 113 ✭✭UpAgainToday

Why would you fear for your kids dying due to Cocaine, when firstly the odds of them being one of those 30 people are lotto-esque vast, especially when you factor in any education or guidance you might give them?

Some of the worlds top money managers/traders/brokers have extreme cocaine addictions and these people are also some of the most educated - so your point is invalid, sorry

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,487 ✭✭✭aDeener

And banned.

for asking for proof of an allegation made by another poster. sounds like a reasonable request?

i cant help but think godwin got it horribly wrong, well for boards anyway. its rare that a thread can go by, no matter the topic, without either the catholic church, fianna fail or the ira being mentioned.

anyway thread title should read - ireland has one of the highest idiot rates in the world. what class of a clown sticks that crap up their nose!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 27,252 ✭✭✭✭stovelid

strobe wrote: »
    buy 90% purity.

Doubtful. ;)

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 113 ✭✭UpAgainToday

If people want to take drugs let them. We should be selling heroin in McDonalds to junkies. The Strong(ie non drug users) will survive and the weak will perish. They way it should be.

LMAO - some of the top financial brains use drugs especially cocaine and you have the nerve to include them as weak and you yourself as strong? lol gimme a break

• Registered Users Posts: 7,838 ✭✭✭Nulty

Do these figures include deaths relating to dealing? if not the numbers would double imo. there are gangland murders all the time these days and I'd say the illegal trafficking of the drugs are responsible for more/as many deaths than the drugs causes directly

strobe wrote: »
    Most people used to taking a gram of 10% purity cocaine before feeling unwell won't go out, buy 90% purity and take the exact same amount no more than most people who know they can drink 1.5 litres of 13.5% alcoholic drink before feeling sick will go out and buy a 60% alcoholic drink and then drink 1.5 litres of it.
    One of the good thing about the likes of cocaine is that it hits you straight away, if you continue to do the dog on it after you've discovered it's 10 times stronger then you've no one to blame but yourself. Unlike with alcohol that can take a good half an hour to start to have effect in which time you could have already overdosed on it.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,838 ✭✭✭Nulty

Blame the people who make 2 kilos into 8:)

Not that I'd know

aDeener wrote: »
    anyway thread title should read - ireland has one of the highest idiot rates in the world. what class of a clown sticks that crap up their nose!
    Probably all the bands in your music collection, the authors of any books you've read and most the people in any film you've ever watched.

stovelid wrote: »
    Doubtful. ;)

But possible and available if you know who to talk to ;). (I was talking in the context of if it was legalised and regulated of course. See: Everclear Grain Alcohol)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 17,918 ✭✭✭✭orourkeda

No matter no miniscule the risks of dying by taking cocaine, I cant think of a more undignified way of dying.

It's actually dying by sniffing a white powder (or whatever ways its taken).

How sad is that?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 17,918 ✭✭✭✭orourkeda

LMAO - some of the top financial brains use drugs especially cocaine and you have the nerve to include them as weak and you yourself as strong? lol gimme a break

Maybe they should stop.

Then they might do their jobs properly

ScumLord wrote: »
    One of the good thing about the likes of cocaine is that it hits you straight away, if you continue to do the dog on it after you've discovered it's 10 times stronger then you've no one to blame but yourself. Unlike with alcohol that can take a good half an hour to start to have effect in which time you could have already overdosed on it.

That's also one of the bad things about it aswell of course. Say you are use to really crappy stuff and then on a fluke you get some unbelievablly strong stuff but presume it is similar to what you normally get and take a huge line for starters. Already you may have taken what you would normally take stretched out over 4 or 5 hours in 7 seconds. Alcohol is a very slowly consumed drug, you will usually taste straight away if it unusualy strong and will only have taken a small amount of it before you recognise how strong it is.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,952 ✭✭✭Lando Griffin

We are always top of the league for everything thats protrayed bad. Top binge binge drinkers paying the highest price for the drink. Top coke deaths from coke that has the highest ratio of mixing agent in it. Top hash smokers among teens who also turn not to be the most likely to progress onto heroin after smoking rubbish hash. We just seem to be very high acheivers.

Advertisement