Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Cinema ennis road

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 19,106 ✭✭✭✭TestTransmission

krudler wrote: »
    I think Iron Sky is getting an even more limited run, it'll probably be on dvd in a few months, pity it looks cool, Nazis in spaaaaaace

Should be out on dvd in a few days I think.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,235 ✭✭✭caspa307

Should be out on dvd in a few days I think.

saw an ad in uk out on dvd on monday so i assume its the same here

• Registered Users Posts: 115 ✭✭Voy

that was the avengers 3-D?, i remember thinking the same, although i think someone else on this thread said they had the same in a different cinema.

Yeah, that was the one.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,920 ✭✭✭AnCapaillMor

Fair play to them, i see they're doing a midnight showing of prometheus on thursday night\friday morning, tempted to go to it.

• Registered Users Posts: 34,788 ✭✭✭✭krudler

Fair play to them, i see they're doing a midnight showing of prometheus on thursday night\friday morning, tempted to go to it.

think I'll go, and they're showing Jaws on june 12th, more classic movies please!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 65 ✭✭edwood

Saw Prometheus there last night. I was very impressed with the place over all. The cinema was massive. My friend and I were in screen 2. The screen was huge, comfy seats,nice food. The 3d was slightly off during one scene of Prometheus but other than that, all good. The screen was one of the biggest I've ever been too, and it was screen 2. Wonder how big screen 1 is.

edwood wrote: »
    Saw Prometheus there last night. I was very impressed with the place over all. The cinema was massive. My friend and I were in screen 2. The screen was huge, comfy seats,nice food. The 3d was slightly off during one scene of Prometheus but other than that, all good. The screen was one of the biggest I've ever been too, and it was screen 2. Wonder how big screen 1 is.

screen 2 is the bigger one, 1 is little bit smaller but not by much, 4 is impressive as well as is the luxury screen.

woohoo showtime are playing Batman Begins and The Dark Knight back to back on the 19th July and its only a fiver in each, I dunno though thats one arse numbing amount of cinema viewing for one day.

Jaysus you'd need to be lifted from the chair after sitting down that long. Good idea though. They still need a sign outisde, advertising something like that idea would catch a person's eye.

Jaysus you'd need to be lifted from the chair after sitting down that long. Good idea though. They still need a sign outisde, advertising something like that idea would catch a person's eye.

ha yeah, I'll try catch one of them and watch the other at home, now way am I spending almost 6 hours in a cinema seat

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 856 ✭✭✭Battleflag

Any idea if they will have a midnight release for the Dark Knight Rises??

They did with prometheus and i imagine this will be a more anticipated movie. Then again did many go to the prometheus midnight show?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,312 ✭✭✭Limerick Dude

They did with prometheus and i imagine this will be a more anticipated movie. Then again did many go to the prometheus midnight show?

They are not allowed by the studio or something, it was mentioned on the FB page for Showtime.

• Registered Users Posts: 65 ✭✭edwood

woohoo showtime are playing Batman Begins and The Dark Knight back to back on the 19th July and its only a fiver in each, I dunno though thats one arse numbing amount of cinema viewing for one day.

Awesome news Krudler. Just got my tickets for that an hour ago :) It's on in the Luxury screen.

if you were in Drundrum shopping centre today you would have seen a hell of an ad for the movie :pac:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 130 ✭✭PeterStrauss The Second

if you were in Drundrum shopping centre today you would have seen a hell of an ad for the movie :pac:

The sound of that is amazing!

Anyone know what times the two Batman movies are being shown on the 19th, would be tempted to head in myself.

It's in watchhouse cross next saturday, well actually it'll be burnt out just down from watchhouse cross.

The sound of that is amazing!

Anyone know what times the two Batman movies are being shown on the 19th, would be tempted to head in myself.

Batman Begins is 6.25pm and The Dark Knight is 9.10pm, both are in the luxury screen, fiver each. I doubt I'll make both so will watch one at home and the other at the cinema

• Registered Users Posts: 8,760 ✭✭✭DaveNoCheese

Batman Begins is 6.25pm and The Dark Knight is 9.10pm, both are in the luxury screen, fiver each. I doubt I'll make both so will watch one at home and the other at the cinema

Will be making both shows me thinks... plan is to watch Batman Begins, jot over to supermacs when that's over... and waddle back then in time for Dark Knight :)

• Registered Users Posts: 9,596 ✭✭✭Cartman78

First outing for me at Batman in the 'new' Showtime cinema.......major major major thumbs up.

Comfortable seating, excellent projection, fantastic sound (without being deafening) and overall it was by far the best cinema experience I've had in Ireland in a very long time. (It helped that the film was top-notch).

Haven't been to Storm in a couple of years but it had gotten really shoddy the last time I was there. The Omniplex isn't much better imho so will be making Showtime my local from now on.

btw Does anyone know what the Luxury upgrade entails??

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,937 ✭✭✭wingnut

Luxury has wider leatherette seats and more leg room.

Cartman78 wrote: »
    First outing for me at Batman in the 'new' Showtime cinema.......major major major thumbs up.

Comfortable seating, excellent projection, fantastic sound (without being deafening) and overall it was by far the best cinema experience I've had in Ireland in a very long time. (It helped that the film was top-notch).

Haven't been to Storm in a couple of years but it had gotten really shoddy the last time I was there. The Omniplex isn't much better imho so will be making Showtime my local from now on.

btw Does anyone know what the Luxury upgrade entails??

LOL dont waste your money the seats are sooo uncomfortable

• Registered Users Posts: 8,477 ✭✭✭brianregan09

Had my 1st go in showtime the other night for Batman and had to say its a massive improvement on Sticky floor omniplex or my usual spot Storm/OdeON, The seats are so comfortable its unreal, the screen aswell was so much clearer than eithe of the other two

• Registered Users Posts: 129 ✭✭gotasmoke

I've been a few times and it's definitely my favourite cinema to go to. I was in the luxury screen last week for Batman Begins and Dark Knight and to be honest I don't think it's worth the extra money. The seats are padded and finished in leather, but they are not contoured like in the regular screens so can be a little uncomfortable.

gotasmoke wrote: »
    I've been a few times and it's definitely my favourite cinema to go to. I was in the luxury screen last week for Batman Begins and Dark Knight and to be honest I don't think it's worth the extra money. The seats are padded and finished in leather, but they are not contoured like in the regular screens so can be a little uncomfortable.

never again, i prefer the normal seats so much lol

• Moderators, Sports Moderators, Regional Midwest Moderators Posts: 23,923 Mod ✭✭✭✭Clareman

I went last night and went for the luxury seats, I thought it was great, not many people in there so less chance of people talking or walking out. Very impressed with the projection and the sound, I've read some reviews that said that Bane was difficult to understand, absolutely no bother in Showtime, I will definitely be back there.

Prefer the normal seats myself, these are the luxury ones:

lux_screen.jpg

Saw The Avengers in there and my ass was numb at the end. the extra legroom is nice alright but there's plenty in the regular ones anyway.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,003 ✭✭✭Jofspring

Ya I prefer the normal seats. If the leather was soft it would be great but it's actually harder than the normal ones. For really tall people its probably great to have the extra leg room but for most the normal screens have plenty of it.

Was in screen 6 for the Dark Night. It was packed out so was near the front. Still had no hassles and the screen was huge. Picture Quality and sound was superb also.

only technical issue I've had there so far was the screen going dark and the movie not playing for about 5 minutes before Spiderman, aside from that the quality and presentation is superb, had constant issues with Storm so stopped going there months ago, anyone know if its improved since Odeon took it over?

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 6,752 ✭✭✭johnpatrick81

storm would definitely be my least fav of the 3, mainly cos of the seats. Showtime has fantastic quality of picture and sound. The seats ain't great again though. Omniplex still the best for me.

Advertisement