Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

A random waffle thread?

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,762 ✭✭✭✭stupidusername

why dont ye just go get married altogether!

:p

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,348 ✭✭✭the drifter

why dont ye just go get married altogether!

:p

:rolleyes:

Oh you! :o

you sure know how to make a girl smile :D

Oh you! :o

you sure know how to make a girl smile :D

its all in the eyes baby :cool:

its all in the eyes baby :cool:

teehee :o

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 289 ✭✭sunshineoh9

Itsdacraic wrote: »
    174020349_d87a039414.jpg
    LMAO! thats the first thing i thought when i read the title of this thread!

• Registered Users Posts: 26,149 ✭✭✭✭Berty

LMAO! thats the first thing i thought when i read the title of this thread!

An Irish Waffle and an American waffle are very different. People who want to make themselves sick fry them. Grilling them is the only way.

I tried frying one from frozen once and the whole shittin thing stuck to the pan :rolleyes:

what's everyone up to this evening? I found a new place to sit in for the night, and so far my bum hasn't gone numb. only been here a half hour though so we'll see.

and yes this is a big concern in my day :D

what's everyone up to this evening?

I collected my GF from hospital today, brought her to Pennys, to my mothers for dinner, home to watch some tv and relax and dropped her back to hospital at 7pm.

Very upsetting dropping her back. 7 weeks in hospital as of today and first day allowed out for a few hours. Im leaving the country for a few days as well on Tuesday and might not even get to see her tomorrow as Im in Belfast most of the day.

Top that for a bad day! :mad:

• Registered Users Posts: 11,097 ✭✭✭✭zuroph

Berty wrote: »
    I collected my GF from hospital today, brought her to Pennys, to my mothers for dinner, home to watch some tv and relax and dropped her back to hospital at 7pm.

Very upsetting dropping her back. 7 weeks in hospital as of today and first day allowed out for a few hours. Im leaving the country for a few days as well on Tuesday and might not even get to see her tomorrow as Im in Belfast most of the day.

Top that for a bad day! :mad:

great to get out for a few hours though, must have been enjoyable. Enjoy the little things mate.

• Advertisement

zuroph wrote: »
    great to get out for a few hours though, must have been enjoyable. Enjoy the little things mate.

Well. We were on the way home and got trapped by a few thousand people on the Limerick womens mini marathon. It was funny to see some of the things the blokes were wearing.

The 3 guys in FULL WEDDING DRESS's looked very sweaty. :D

More like walking mind you. Nobody appeared to be making an effort to even jog.

Feck that's some rough going for her.

An Irish Waffle and an American waffle are very different. People who want to make themselves sick fry them. Grilling them is the only way.
    i just use a waffle iron...

i just use a waffle iron...

A Waffle in Ireland is

http://www.birdseye.co.uk/fresh-frozen-food/product/potato-waffles/

Which is Potato.

We're not big into dough or batter the way you would be used to it.

mmmm...... batter.. ohm!

mmmm...... batter.. ohm!

You should head to the Chinese shop on Henry Street to get some batter in there. Its really good stuff.

I used it during the week with pork steak stuffed with mozzerella cheese and satueed onions.

Nyom Nyom Nyom

I love batter! I don't think it'd be good for me to actually be able to cook things with it. I would continue to expand in fatness.

A Waffle in Ireland is

http://www.birdseye.co.uk/fresh-frozen-food/product/potato-waffles/

Which is Potato.

We're not big into dough or batter the way you would be used to it.
    yes i know, i figured that out when i ordered a waffle in dublin for the first time! lol
    here we call them potato pancakes, but they don't have the holes

lol, i'm eating waffles now... the batter kind :P

oooh i'm so jealous :(

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 30,864 Mod ✭✭✭✭Insect Overlord

A friend of mine has a "secret family recipe" from Germany for making waffles. We spent the night before our LC results eating waffles and Nutella in his house instead of going drinking :D

oooh i'm so jealous :(
    awwww, its okay! they were just the frozen kind...
    A friend of mine has a "secret family recipe" from Germany for making waffles. We spent the night before our LC results eating waffles and Nutella in his house instead of going drinking :D
    omg i wish i had thought of that! i have some nutella hidden in the back of my pantry :D

• Registered Users Posts: 3,912 ✭✭✭kilburn

You should head to the Chinese shop on Henry Street to get some batter in there. Its really good stuff.

I used it during the week with pork steak stuffed with mozzerella cheese and satueed onions.

Nyom Nyom Nyom

Ah man that sounds good :D

• Registered Users Posts: 3,912 ✭✭✭kilburn

Woohooo just saw that was my 500 message, 3 stars baby, how many before i get 4 ?

• Registered Users Posts: 4,929 ✭✭✭Raiser

I tried frying one from frozen once and the whole shittin thing stuck to the pan :rolleyes:

Relax Nigella - with this standard yer safe enough .....

• Hosted Moderators Posts: 17,424 ✭✭✭✭Conor Bourke

Any chance of an oul meet this weather? There's a Galway boardsies one on this Sat but I don't think I'll be able to make it, which is a pity.

When was the last one? Did the August bank holiday one ever happen or was it too short notice?

I think we are all too paranoid to meet up to be honest...

some awful shady charachters posting in here.........

• Registered Users Posts: 11,097 ✭✭✭✭zuroph

If its a night I can, i'm there anyway.

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 30,864 Mod ✭✭✭✭Insect Overlord

kilburn wrote: »
    Woohooo just saw that was my 500 message, 3 stars baby, how many before i get 4 ?

You'll need 10,000 posts to get your next star :D
    Either that or become a moderator :cool:
    Any chance of an oul meet this weather? There's a Galway boardsies one on this Sat but I don't think I'll be able to make it, which is a pity.

I missed the last two attempts, but I should be able to make one in the next few weeks. The soccer meet-ups have been very successful so far :)
    I think we are all too paranoid to meet up to be honest...

some awful shady charachters posting in here.........

Just cause you're practically a ninja by now... :pac:

• Advertisement

Just cause you're practically a ninja by now... :pac:

leave my ninja skills out of this...

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement