Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

A random waffle thread?

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 14,015 ✭✭✭✭Mc Love

marno21 wrote: »
    Anyone know of anywhere that would change a headlight without appointment?

Halfrauds?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,126 ✭✭✭dashoonage

Advance Pitstop ?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,174 ✭✭✭RhubarbCrumble

t
    Penneys in town is like a time warp compared to the Crescent. The fact they renovated the Crescent over the one in town speaks volumes.

Penneys in Limerick is badly in need of a makeover. They've renovated so many of them around the country recently and just seem to have left that one. Waterford was done in the last couple of years. Tralee is a fantastic store for the size of the town and even Killarney is a good store. Limerick just seems to have been put on the back burner. Too small to cope with the amount of stock, so is generally just a complete disorganised mess.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,828 ✭✭✭Poxyshamrock

There was talk that the second floor is going to be turned from a stockroom into a floor and that more stock would just go straight onto the floor.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 657 ✭✭✭Vladimir Poontang

The clothes in Gap in the Crescent are awful cheap tat. Really a let down

• Advertisement

The clothes in Gap in the Crescent are awful cheap tat. Really a let down

I think it’s an outlet store.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 657 ✭✭✭Vladimir Poontang

I think it’s an outlet store.

Yeah it looks like it. Rags.

Has the original St Clements College building been knocked? Heard this last week.

• Registered Users Posts: 26,149 ✭✭✭✭Berty

I disagree about Gap. It's not as big as the Blabchardstown outlet but the stuff is good quality.

I bought a wool (woolish) coat recently. It's a nice jacket, subjective maybe, and quality is good.

Has the original St Clements College building been knocked? Heard this last week.

Yeah, was knocked about 6 weeks ago. Must be weird for former students that the old school is now gone.

• Advertisement

Yeah, was knocked about 6 weeks ago. Must be weird for former students that the old school is now gone.

:(

Wow. Don't know how to feel about that.

Piece of history for sure!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 75 ✭✭brighterdays

There was talk that the second floor is going to be turned from a stockroom into a floor and that more stock would just go straight onto the floor.

They'd make a killing, honestly. It's a no brainer. Hoping that comes to fruition.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,174 ✭✭✭RhubarbCrumble

The politicians seem to be out and about. Just had Willie O' Dea at the door. Not what you need on a Saturday night.

The politicians seem to be out and about. Just had Willie O' Dea at the door. Not what you need on a Saturday night.

If any fianna fail candidate came to my door, I'd run them out the drive

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,253 ✭✭✭ouxbbkqtswdfaw

Mc Love wrote:

If any political candidate comes to my door, I will run him out of the drive.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,291 ✭✭✭dunworth1

Mc Love wrote: »

would you hug a fine gael candidate? like the wonderful Kieran O’Donnell
    they do so much for the people of Limerick when there isn't an election on

• Registered Users Posts: 3,903 ✭✭✭zulutango

dunworth1 wrote:
    would you hug a fine gael candidate? like the wonderful Kieran O’Donnell they do so much for the people of Limerick when there isn't an election on

Not that I support FG or anything, but the city is doing pretty well and is on the up since they've been in government. It was practically a lost cause when O'Dea and FF held power last. Just saying like.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 165 ✭✭riverrocked

Willie was too busy stalking funeral homes to actually do anything positive for the city.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,389 ✭✭✭jonski

zulutango wrote: »
    Not that I support FG or anything, but the city is doing pretty well and is on the up since they've been in government. It was practically a lost cause when O'Dea and FF held power last. Just saying like.

To be fair the city had fallen so low by the time they came in that it could only go up, a bunch of chimps could have overseen it :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 94 ✭✭kokiyou

hey folks any advice on a good suit rental for a wedding in limerick city? The last comments on this were about 5 years old.
    Thanks,

lads before i order online does anyone know anywhere in limerick who sells monin coffee syrup or the likes ?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,317 ✭✭✭davo2001

dashoonage wrote: »
    lads before i order online does anyone know anywhere in limerick who sells monin coffee syrup or the likes ?

Top floor in Debenhams, got some last week.

jaysus that was a quick answer :P thank!

• Registered Users Posts: 793 ✭✭✭FobleAsNuck

any place in town that sells joytech (joyetech?) vaping stuff?

kokiyou wrote: »
    hey folks any advice on a good suit rental for a wedding in limerick city? The last comments on this were about 5 years old.
    Thanks,

Esquire - Top of the List for Modern - I got my suits there and was dressed for other weddings from that shop.

Tony Connollys - Very Expensive and I don't know how to describe it but kind of "we're a bit expensive for you sir if you're mentioning Esquire" is more or less the way it was put when I mentioned a price disparity on their wedding attire.

Mike O'Connell - Would have been fine but wouldn't speak to me without my bride to be present so I told him I wouldn't be back :D

John Deignan - Place is popular but I found the place to be very untidy and dusty upstairs so gave it a miss after trying on a suit or two, felt the need to be polite(but I'm passive aggressive online :D ).

• Registered Users Posts: 2,572 ✭✭✭adaminho

Berty wrote: »
    Esquire - Top of the List for Modern - I got my suits there and was dressed for other weddings from that shop.
    +1 For Esquire. Got my wedding suits there a few months ago and the lads were great. I had both my father in law and a groomsman travelling and need some last minute alterations which were done in store whilst we waited.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,389 ✭✭✭jonski

any place in town that sells joytech (joyetech?) vaping stuff?

Both Elite Vapor on the top of William st. and Alvini's in Chapel lane should both have stock . What exactly were you looking for ?

adaminho wrote: »
    +1 For Esquire. Got my wedding suits there a few months ago and the lads were great. I had both my father in law and a groomsman travelling and need some last minute alterations which were done in store whilst we waited.

Yeah some lad out the back, other suit places send their own suits down there as well. Unsure though if he's passed away though.

• Advertisement

Mc Love wrote: »
    Piece of history for sure!

Drove up the SCR today for the first time in months. I see the chapel is still there. Sad to see the old school gone. Must have been some effort knocking it though. The walls were about 3 ft thick! :pac:

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement