Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

A random waffle thread?

Options

Comments

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 2,986 ✭✭✭philstar

Best pub in town for monday nights match ?

a place with a raucous atmosphere

• Registered Users Posts: 8,727 ✭✭✭johnnyryan89

philstar wrote: »
    Best pub in town for monday nights match ?

a place with a raucous atmosphere

The Still House might be your best bet.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,368 ✭✭✭JamesBond2010

Harambe wrote: »
    I signed up to it today. I'm on broadband only with Eir and they're upping it to €50 per month. It's not fibre either.
    Vodafone are installing fibre for me and promising me faster speeds so I've signed up with them, they're doing it for €45 a month. The first 2 months are free and the next 4 months are €40.

Are they still using eircoms lines as in before with vodafone broadband it was vodafone broadband but eircoms line, if u didnt have a line u had to call eircom to install it & then contact vodafone. cant remember what way line rental was then. (have eir e-fibre anyway) was just wondering.

by the way the madness has begun. all xmas shopping has started the crescent was mad today

• Moderators Posts: 3,554 ✭✭✭Wise Old Elf

Are they still using eircoms lines as in before with vodafone broadband it was vodafone broadband but eircoms line, if u didnt have a line u had to call eircom to install it & then contact vodafone. cant remember what way line rental was then. (have eir e-fibre anyway) was just wondering.

It's SIRO they were trying to sell me, it comes in via the electricity network cables, so not Eir network.
    I didn't sign up for it yet though, Virgin speeds are still faster

It's SIRO they were trying to sell me, it comes in via the electricity network cables, so not Eir network.
    I didn't sign up for it yet though, Virgin speeds are still faster

tnx bud ya was just wondering how was that working & what happens then if u have a prob. usual crap vodafone customer service.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 627 ✭✭✭kerryked

Probably an obvious answer to this question but..

Where can you buy a parking disc for O'Connell St.?

I parked outside the door of Brown Thomas on Friday evening around 4:30. Said I better get a ticket, just in case. Went into the shoe shop, lady didn't know. Went into the phone shop, lady didn't know. Stopped a guard on the street, he didn't even know! Eventually just left without getting a ticket.

Someone mentioned O'Sullivans Pharmacy did them but they've obviously moved up the street..

• Registered Users Posts: 6,467 ✭✭✭h3000

0118 999 881 999 119 725 3

• Registered Users Posts: 26,149 ✭✭✭✭Berty

Wouldn't have mattered anyway as you were parked in a loading bay.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,826 ✭✭✭Poxyshamrock

Centra O'Connell Street

• Registered Users Posts: 627 ✭✭✭kerryked

Berty wrote: »
    Wouldn't have mattered anyway as you were parked in a loading bay.

As far as I'm aware (I was parked right underneath the sign) there's two hour max public parking there.

The loading bay is the zone just outside where you park. Open to correction on that but since there's a sign there saying disc parking zone, then I presumed it wasn't a loading bay.

bt.png

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 337 ✭✭Harambe

Harambe wrote: »
    Vodafone are installing fibre for me and promising me faster speeds so I've signed up with them, they're doing it for €45 a month. The first 2 months are free and the next 4 months are €40.

Just to follow up on this. A guy from SIRO called to my house on Friday as planned and installed fibre to the home. There was no downtime with the switch over, I was still using my Eir broadband right up until the fibre was installed. i did a speed test with Eir and I was getting 74Mbps download and 7Mbps upload. I repeated this for vodafone after the fibre was installed and I'm now getting 135Mbps download and 35Mbps upload (its the 150Mbps plan). So I've upgraded to fibre to the home, doubled my speeds and it's costing less per month, couldn't be happier.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,126 ✭✭✭dashoonage

Lads...where in limerick would have a decent selection of earphones/headphones to try on ? besides harvey norman

dashoonage wrote: »
    Lads...where in limerick would have a decent selection of earphones/headphones to try on ? besides harvey norman

Maplins used to have a range of Sennheiser before. I'm not too sure if they still do though.

h3000 wrote: »
    Napkins used to have a range of Sennheiser before. I'm not too sure if they still do though.

Napkins?

Napkins?

A combination of not looking properly and fecking autocorrect. Should have been Maplins. :)

Dam it i was hoping for a new shop called Napkins.... :P

Dam it i was hoping for a new shop called Napkins.... :P

Take it as a business opportunity. I'll take 5% of all profits :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,959 ✭✭✭diusmr8a504cvk

Lads, are there any Strip clubs in Limerick?

Afraid not

Afraid not
    closed down long time ago. very shady as well. Vodoo rooms(very rough place heard about people slipping in pools of blood in that place) then club lapello. The one downstairs then underneath the globe nightclub. Dont think they did much business though.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,083 ✭✭✭juneg

No but you could start one yourself:D

lads....is it very careful planning that the family planning clinic on mallow street is next to a creche ?

lads....is it very careful planning that the family planning clinic on mallow street is next to a creche ?
    :D:D:D:D:D
    suppose to be a strip club the other side of it then :P:P

• Registered Users Posts: 25 Maxxey

Would anyone know whom I could ask or work with to get two simple wooden boxes built that could support some weight like in this photo: http://lstwo.com/images/83427938002656010452.jpg

Maxxey wrote: »
    Would anyone know whom I could ask or work with to get two simple wooden boxes built that could support some weight like in this photo: http://lstwo.com/images/83427938002656010452.jpg

B&Q will cut timber to size for you. So will James McMahons

What i did for a similar solution was got some 6x3 cut into 3ft lengths and nailed them together.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,088 ✭✭✭Louche Lad

Savins.

Severe Weather Warning : Code Level Red Hurricane Ophelia is expected to transition to a post tropical storm as it approaches our shores on Monday bringing severe winds and stormy conditions . Mean wind speeds in excess of 80 km/h and gusts in excess of 130km/h are expected, potentially causing structural damage and disruption, with dangerous marine conditions due to high seas and potential flooding. Valid from 09:01 Monday 16-October-2017 until 03:00 Tuesday

Be grand lads.

Strap down the aul trampolines.

• Moderators Posts: 3,554 ✭✭✭Wise Old Elf

All the schools closed apparently (the Model certainly is). UL and MaryI closed, not sure about LIT. Both my childcare facilities closed.

Work still open :(

:D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 14,015 ✭✭✭✭Mc Love

my work is deciding whether to tell people to stay at home

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement