Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

A random waffle thread?

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 5,269 ✭✭✭source

Can anyone recommend a phone repair shop in town?

• Registered Users Posts: 5,291 ✭✭✭dunworth1

source wrote: »
    Can anyone recommend a phone repair shop in town?

http://www.imonkeys.ie/

recommend these lads they will come to you

• Registered Users Posts: 5,269 ✭✭✭source

dunworth1 wrote: »
    http://www.imonkeys.ie/

recommend these lads they will come to you

Thanks for the recommendation. Are they exclusively apple? It's an android device and their site seems to be primarily asked at apple.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,959 ✭✭✭diusmr8a504cvk

Anyone tried King's Gym? I was considering it.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,727 ✭✭✭johnnyryan89

Anyone tried King's Gym? I was considering it.

It's been a few years since I was up there but equipment wise it was very good but there was no showers or changing rooms I think.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 3,959 ✭✭✭diusmr8a504cvk

It's been a few years since I was up there but equipment wise it was very good but there was no showers or changing rooms I think.
    That'd be no hassle, only around the corner from it. Think it's €4 a go so worth a look once anyway if nothing else. Thanks.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,126 ✭✭✭dashoonage

whos doing the auld GAIT analysis in da citay these days then ?

• Registered Users Posts: 14,015 ✭✭✭✭Mc Love

dashoonage wrote: »
    whos doing the auld GAIT analysis in da citay these days then ?

I think Gleesons do it, Steve is very knowledgeable

• Registered Users Posts: 1,083 ✭✭✭juneg

Where can I get some paperwork typed up? I don't need it printed. Thanks

• Registered Users Posts: 2,805 ✭✭✭irishproduce

Rumor that the Guards were in the Knocklisheen Asylum Centre this morning examining footage related to an incident involving up to 6 men who attempted recruitment for Isis last night.
    Detectives on site now according to what I am hearing.
    Wonder will the papers get any commentary on it.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,126 ✭✭✭dashoonage

Rumor that the Guards were in the Knocklisheen Asylum Centre this morning examining footage related to an incident involving up to 6 men who attempted recruitment for Isis last night.

Leader will be on it any minute now...

They will yeah! :-)
    Post would probably have better journos surely and they do get some good stuff on their front page.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,903 ✭✭✭zulutango

How did the know that they were recruiting for Isis? Did the lads have Isis polo shirts or something?

• Registered Users Posts: 4,826 ✭✭✭Poxyshamrock

dashoonage wrote: »

Leader will be on it any minute now...
    "Gardaí investigation in Knockalisheen....more as we have it"

zulutango wrote: »
    How did the know that they were recruiting for Isis? Did the lads have Isis polo shirts or something?

Residents went to management to alert them to what was going on.

Residents went to management to alert them to what was going on.

I can see the headline now ..

"Asylum Seekers Foil Terror Plot". Or maybe not.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,770 ✭✭✭✭keane2097

Between roving bands of ISIS recruiters and gangs of youths roaming the old Cratloe road terror in Limerick must be approaching Celtic Tiger levels.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 2,986 ✭✭✭philstar

where can i get homebrew equipment in limerick city?

• Registered Users Posts: 919 ✭✭✭jbkenn

philstar wrote: »
    Pretty sure I saw some kit in The Range on Childers Road

• Registered Users Posts: 26,149 ✭✭✭✭Berty

Drove to Galway yesterday and decided to stay on the Motorway till the Athenry Junction and come into the city that way. It is a good road but leaving Galway the flyover roundabout thing is very confusing with the signposts. You take the exit off the Motorway and then the signs to Limerick just vanish for 3 exits. All you see is Dublin/Athlone until you keep going around and you see the exit. Fine for me but confusing for a tourist as Sat Navs don't have the roads loaded yet.

It was nice not getting stuck behind people doing below the speed limit. I can see myself heading to Galway that way all the time because when you get to the end of the M6 you can still pop left and head in the Old Dublin Road or head right in Bothar na dTreabh. Yes, it's a few kms longer but ultimately faster. Sticking to the speed limit I gained 12 minutes on my journey to Monivea Road.

For those heading Clare bound the quickest route will still be the Old N18 because they've to turn at Kilcolgan anyway. Outside of tourist Season I see those roads being much quieter now.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 3,174 ✭✭✭RhubarbCrumble

I've seen equipment in Mr Price of all places before but I don't know if it's something they carry all the time.
    Many moons ago I remember Eason carrying stock but that's a long time ago. I have no idea if they do it now. I doubt it.

How long did it take you to do the journey from Limerick to Galway?

• Registered Users Posts: 6,389 ✭✭✭jonski

How long did it take you to do the journey from Limerick to Galway?

My sister lives in Abbeyknockmoy on the far side of Galway and door to door from Raheen was 59 minutes .

• Registered Users Posts: 3,317 ✭✭✭davo2001

jonski wrote: »
    My sister lives in Abbeyknockmoy on the far side of Galway and door to door from Raheen was 59 minutes .

That's pretty good, google maps (which hasn't been updated with the new motorway yet) is showing 1 hour 37 mins for that journey, so a saving of 40 mins.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,389 ✭✭✭jonski

davo2001 wrote: »
    That's pretty good, google maps (which hasn't been updated with the new motorway yet) is showing 1 hour 37 mins for that journey, so a saving of 40 mins.

And thats with them using cruise control to make sure they stayed within the speed limits .

Is the traffic going into Galway mental now, because it's effectively the Limerick and Dublin traffic entering at the same place?

• Registered Users Posts: 26,149 ✭✭✭✭Berty

Is the traffic going into Galway mental now, because it's effectively the Limerick and Dublin traffic entering at the same place?

They kind of already were anyway as they met each other at the pinch points on the old Dublin road and bothair na dTreabh as it was.

That hasn't changed much. Just more traffic coming in the M6. I don't get to Galway till normally 9:30am when I go so haven't seen rush hour in full flow yet. AA traffic reports don't mention it.

• Registered Users Posts: 23,725 ✭✭✭✭phog

That was more or less the case all along, one of the the huge benefits of this road is getting out of Galway - it's now free flow once you get to the motorway.

Controlled search going on in Knoacklisheen now.
    Residents separated and staff moved outside certain limits, detectives and guards are there collecting camera material among other things.
    Still nothing in the media

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,129 ✭✭✭BobMc

You'll get nothing much and it'll all be overpriced, best bet is Home Brew Co Mountmellick, they DPD it generally overnight if you order early enough
    been using them for years, If you dont mind a drive there's Homebrew West up in Galway usually found them slower for dispatching orders though

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement