Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

A random waffle thread?

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 24,050 ✭✭✭✭phog

Nice backdrop alright. Where's the utv studio? Live95fm building?

I haven't seen their programmes yet but as UTV have some involvement with Live 95FM then I wouldn't be surprised if UTV had offices/studios in their building.

phog wrote: »
    I haven't seen their programmes yet but as UTV have some involvement with Live 95FM then I wouldn't be surprised if UTV had offices/studios in their building.

UTV own 95FM so I'd imagine that's where they're based. The back drop of the river was recorded from the top of the building across from the radio station I think

• Registered Users Posts: 6,391 ✭✭✭jonski

Yeah , it looked like it was from the roof of the Clarion . I see where a lot of those local radio stations owned by UTV will now take their news from Newstalk .

• Registered Users Posts: 8,760 ✭✭✭DaveNoCheese

I have an image I want to get made into a jigsaw, does anyone know anywhere in the city centre that does that?!

• Registered Users Posts: 717 ✭✭✭limericklad87

I have an image I want to get made into a jigsaw, does anyone know anywhere in the city centre that does that?!

Harvey Norman, soundstore.

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 4,552 ✭✭✭bigpink

Try maybe one of the independent camera shops or a printer.Harvey Norman awful to deal with

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,569 ✭✭✭Special Circumstances

Imagine if there was real snow on the roads...
    Traffic was a joke trying to get outta plassey but fine everywhere else?

• Registered Users Posts: 4,839 ✭✭✭Poxyshamrock

Does anyone else keep mistaking the blue flashing sign outside O'Malley's Pharmacy for emergency vehicles? I always think it's an ambulance from a distance given its proximity to the hospital! Why couldn't they have picked a nice green sign like most pharmacies?

Does anyone else keep mistaking the blue flashing sign outside O'Malley's Pharmacy for emergency vehicles? I always think it's an ambulance from a distance given its proximity to the hospital! Why couldn't they have picked a nice green sign like most pharmacies?

Yup. Used to fall for it the whole time finishing evening shifts in the industrial estate thinking it was an ambulance or check point. Thought I was the only one! :D

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 30,865 Mod ✭✭✭✭Insect Overlord

I slowed down a few times for blue outdoor Christmas lights over the last month. :o

• Advertisement

An File wrote: »
    I slowed down a few times for blue outdoor Christmas lights over the last month. :o

Haha same here actually. A house near mine is a bit OTT with the Xmas lights and they have all blue ones now. Thousands of them all over the house. Thought I was approaching the aftermath of a massive pile up or murder scene the first time I seen em :rolleyes: :o

Imagine if there was real snow on the roads...
    Traffic was a joke trying to get outta plassey but fine everywhere else?
    Proper dodgy roads and traffic is better than usual. Yay!

• Registered Users Posts: 26,149 ✭✭✭✭Berty

Crash on M7 was bad enough to ode the southbound lanes. Everybody was moved up over the flyover and through town. Of course did the Gardai do. Anything about the 3 second lights on that exit. Did they feck? Place was mental. Should have switched off lights and there was enough gardai to get the White gloves out.

Hope the driver and passengers of whoever crashed is okay of course.

Where was that? Southbound between j29 (ballysimon/tipp/wford) and j30 (Cork/adare etc)?
    Seems to be one side or other of that road closed twice a month.

• Moderators Posts: 3,554 ✭✭✭Wise Old Elf

Where was that? Southbound between j29 (ballysimon/tipp/wford) and j30 (Cork/adare etc)?
    Seems to be one side or other of that road closed twice a month.

That's what I heard anyway, near the Ballysimon junction. Crash was between a truck and two cars apparently.

I was in the traffic. Was forced to exit at ballysimon. Lights still on and they only normally stay green for 3 seconds. Was mental around there.

Hope all are ok.

Beer Baron wrote: »
    I was in the traffic. Was forced to exit at ballysimon. Lights still on and they only normally stay green for 3 seconds. Was mental around there.
    Yeah tis not the first time, you'd think they would have a plan for this as it happens so regularly.
    Hope all are ok.
    Ditto.

Well the last crash I remember was a girl who lost it before rosbrien exit hit the barrier and ended up in the middle of the road. People were able to get around her. This was obviously worse.

Yesterday there was a crash between crusheen and ennis so traffic could easily divert because there's no city to get through and that was a bad crash.

It's raining in Galway now so the slush is washing away and the fields are returning green.

• Moderators Posts: 51,733 ✭✭✭✭Delirium

Hope all are ok.
    Took me an hour to get from the motorway (via flyover) to Dominic street >.<

And those lights were way too brief for the weather and traffic this morning!

If you can read this, you're too close!

I use that flyover 6 days a week and I've emailed the council about them too many times saying if a truck is there you only get half the truck through before they go red and everybody else is stuck. Now when it's quiet, not like today, you're not waiting long for the next green light but still.

I turned left this morning, in old ballysimon road, up bloodmill road, up Childers road and back on at Carew park. Once I got off the motorway I flew through.

• Advertisement

A quick google of aaroadwatch tweets indicates closures/diversions on the bypass in Oct, Nov, Dec, Jan.
    5km tailbacks mentioned in one case and I guess this morning was no different due to no traffic control or change to light sequence.

• Registered Users Posts: 18,069 ✭✭✭✭fryup

anyone know where i can get a bar for an electric heater?

• Registered Users Posts: 6,391 ✭✭✭jonski

fryup wrote: »
    anyone know where i can get a bar for an electric heater?

Trade Electric would be my best guess .

• Registered Users Posts: 85 ✭✭Sully777

jonski wrote: »
    Trade Electric would be my best guess .

+ 1 for Trade Electric - I saw them in there 2 days ago.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,375 ✭✭✭JamesBond2010

Hi Lads anyone know where i would get outerwear Ski pants type keep me warm & dry.Not the cheap type rain gear that tears the min you put the pants on. I know Aldi have ski pants before but its wrong season now so they hardly have them again. Something average price.20 to 40 euro price range
    most of the shops i can think off have closed down

• Registered Users Posts: 5,270 ✭✭✭source

Hi Lads anyone know where i would get outerwear Ski pants type keep me warm & dry.Not the cheap type rain gear that tears the min you put the pants on. I know Aldi have ski pants before but its wrong season now so they hardly have them again. Something average price.20 to 40 euro price range
    most of the shops i can think off have closed down

At that price, probably TKmaxx? or emerald alpine on Roche's street?

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 30,865 Mod ✭✭✭✭Insect Overlord

Best place in town to get a decent sleeping bag, anyone?

• Moderators Posts: 3,554 ✭✭✭Wise Old Elf

I think I've only ever bought them in Argos, they'd be for kipping on someone's floor and are fine.
    I'd say if you needed one for proper camping, the only two places I can think of are the army surplus store, Lower Cecil Street (I think that's the street anyway, down near the river off Henry Street), or the outdoor shop on Patrick Street beside Tony Connolly's men's store.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,015 ✭✭✭✭Mc Love

Well that escalated quickly - sorry I wasnt here to respond!

• Advertisement

I think I've only ever bought them in Argos, they'd be for kipping on someone's floor and are fine.
    I'd say if you needed one for proper camping, the only two places I can think of are the army surplus store, Lower Cecil Street (I think that's the street anyway, down near the river off Henry Street), or the outdoor shop on Patrick Street beside Tony Connolly's men's store.

Ended up getting a nice one in the U.S. Surplus Store. I hadn't the time to get further up town but the price and quality seemed grand (after comparing with similar products on the Argos website.) I only needed it for a night in my friend's house but it'll be perfect for camping, etc, later in the year.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement