Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

A random waffle thread?

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,291 ✭✭✭eclectichoney

Nice piece on the Limerick music scene in the Ticket today :)

http://www.irishtimes.com/newspaper/theticket/2012/0406/1224314418573.html

• Registered Users Posts: 2,484 ✭✭✭The Snipe

Kess73 wrote: »
    I hope to Odin that laptop means laptop and not something rude. :D

The way I was origionally saying it: "I was getting something up on the laptop" Sounded too like that so I didn't :P

No I wasn't :P I was friends with her through my ex, and we only discovered we live around the corner from eachother the other day - despite living there for 18 Years. :P

• Registered Users Posts: 25,560 ✭✭✭✭Kess73

The Snipe wrote: »
    The way I was origionally saying it: "I was getting something up on the laptop" Sounded too like that so I didn't :P

No I wasn't :P I was friends with her through my ex, and we only discovered we live around the corner from eachother the other day - despite living there for 18 Years. :P

Good old BCG. Lots of connections etc in the area that a Snipe did not know of beforehand. :D

And getting "pally" with the mate of the ex? Casanova Snipe:D

Not really :P She had text me saying that I was stalking her - because I walked past her house in Greenfields a few times. Until I explained I just live down the road.

And then I had to give her a deck of cards that is part of an ongoing joke. Whcih is a guinness deck I had before X-Mas, I was using it for a bit of magic and he excuse for me finding her card was "It was the 'G' card" ALL the cards had fecking G's! It was a Guinness deck!

So we were joking about it and i said I'd give her one of the decks I still have cause I don't use em anymore :P Cause I've moved to Karnival Dead Eyes! :D

Not really :P She had text me saying that I was stalking her - because I walked past her house in Greenfields a few times. Until I explained I just live down the road.

And then I had to give her a deck of cards that is part of an ongoing joke. Whcih is a guinness deck I had before X-Mas, I was using it for a bit of magic and he excuse for me finding her card was "It was the 'G' card" ALL the cards had fecking G's! It was a Guinness deck!

So we were joking about it and i said I'd give her one of the decks I still have cause I don't use em anymore :P Cause I've moved to Karnival Dead Eyes! :D

Oh the old card trick strategy. Nice one. :D

So you used to walk by her house a bit eh? Hmmm I wonder who you slagged off for walking by your house a bit? :p

• Advertisement

She has a boyfriend Kess, and No i'm not interested in her, And she's too short.. :P

I believe it was IO that would do that! :P

Actually - speaking of which, when you called me - I think I could have been on the phone to IO at that point which would explain my not hearing you, either that or I just don't want to hear you! :P

She has a boyfriend Kess, and No i'm not interested in her, And she's too short.. :P

I believe it was IO that would do that! :P

Actually - speaking of which, when you called me - I think I could have been on the phone to IO at that point which would explain my not hearing you, either that or I just don't want to hear you! :P

A girl that actually wants to talk to you and you find a fault with her????? She did not look that short to me, but then again she was standing beside you so that would have masked how short she was.:p

As for you "not hearing" me. That's ok, I understand that fear had a grip on you, and that you were like a vole frozen with panic as the shadow of the kestrel fell upon him. :D

Yeah.. what you said.... Or it could be because my hearing is very bad from listening to my music way too loud... :P

Yeah.. what you said.... Or it could be because my hearing is very bad from listening to my music way too loud... :P

Kicking it to Jedward ? ;)

How dare you insult my music like that.... I'm currently actually listening to Dio - you just disgraced yourself! For shame! For shame....

• Advertisement

How dare you insult my music like that.... I'm currently actually listening to Dio - you just disgraced yourself! For shame! For shame....

Holy Diver?

Used to really like his solo stuff a looooong time ago.

Nowadays I think his stuff with Rainbow and from his first stint with Sabbath are his best.

you know it!

And now I'm listening to Willie Nelson! God I love shuffle! :D

Chuck on some Anthrax and you will feel great.

Sound Of White Noise would be my recommendation.

Or some AIC as yesterday was ten years since Layne Staley shuffled off this mortal coil.

Cobain went on the 5th April as well, but Layne was cooler and a far better singer.

Ah yes Anthrax, forgot about them - but for now.. its Iron Maiden - The Clansman <3<3<3

Ah yes Anthrax, forgot about them - but for now.. its Iron Maiden - The Clansman <3<3<3

The Bayley years were the worst of Maiden. The new live album came out last week. Not bad at all actually.

Just to show my age, The Number Of The Beast was the first LP that I bought on release day waaaaaaaaaaay back in 1982. :D

And the man who was working in the shop (Probe records) at the time was Pete Burns (He of the band Dead Or Alive). Man the stories I could tell about that guy. He was pretty much the arch nemesis to Kess aged 10 to 15. :D

And now into Serj Tankian... God I love music! :D

And now into Serj Tankian... God I love music! :D

His solo stuff or with System?

Solo stuff! :D

But now its system! :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,635 ✭✭✭xsiborg

Kess73 wrote: »
    And the man who was working in the shop (Probe records) at the time was Pete Burns (He of the band Dead Or Alive). Man the stories I could tell about that guy. He was pretty much the arch nemesis to Kess aged 10 to 15. :D

em, is that the same pete burns that now looks a bit more like 'patricia' burns with the lips and the whole lot? :pac:

• Advertisement

xsiborg wrote: »
    em, is that the same pete burns that now looks a bit more like 'patricia' burns with the lips and the whole lot? :pac:

The same.

Quite a few of the bigger names from the Liverpool music scene worked in the shop.

Burns was a decent bloke and an utter w@nker rolled into the one person.

So a personality clash between kess and himself, because their personalities were so alike :P

So a personality clash between kess and himself, because their personalities were so alike :P

Would sooner have a similar personality to what he had back then, than a similar look to what he has now. ;)

In my defence I was between the ages of 10 and about 15, so he had a chance against me. :D

In reality it was pretty much a case of a personality clash between him and almost everyone that came into the shop and who lived in the city. :D

So he was a....

Wait... I don't think Thomas will allow me to say it with his... "Everything needs to be PC" :(

So he was a....

Wait... I don't think Thomas will allow me to say it with his... "Everything needs to be PC" :(

Think Randal in Clerks, but add a ton of aggression along with way more disdain for the general public and you would be heading in the right direction :D

Hmm... sounds like a nice chap! :)

Hmm... sounds like a nice chap! :)

Copped a few clips to the head from him back in the day. That kind of thing would not happen nowadays.

His head clipping ended one summer when he was caught doing it to me by the man who surname my username comes from. :D

Ahh yes...

And now we are into Trivium! :D

Trivium never floated my boat. Always sounded like a rehash of Metallica and Sacred Reich riffs to me.

• Advertisement

one of the lads used to have Ascendency as his ring tone a few years back - so it got drilled into my head! :P

And now of Tchaikovsky! :D

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement