Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

A random waffle thread?

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,635 ✭✭✭xsiborg

anyone watching "the genealogy roadshow" coming from limerick on rte1 right now?

• Registered Users Posts: 11,097 ✭✭✭✭zuroph

NEW PUPPY!
    Everyone, meet Dexter.
    nn8yn.jpg
    2011-08-21201855.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 5,965 ✭✭✭SarahBeep!

Had such an unreal day at work. All my customers were awesome. When does that ever happen?? I'm putting it down to the sun.

HI DEXTER :D

• Registered Users Posts: 4,455 ✭✭✭sioda

Many quizzin tomorrow night?

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 30,857 Mod ✭✭✭✭Insect Overlord

sioda wrote: »

Reckon I'll be in for it anyway.

• Advertisement

sioda wrote: »

*makes angry grumbley noises about having repeats*

dont think I'll be in, will be keeping the puppy company!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,033 ✭✭✭Limerick_Lass

zuroph wrote: »
    dont think I'll be in, will be keeping the puppy company!

Awww Dexter is so cute... and Im loving his little monkey friend :)

• Registered Users Posts: 26,149 ✭✭✭✭Berty

I nearly got clipped by an Audi outside Chawkes. He was travelling at a high high speed between the lanes of traffic followed by armed Gardai and a regular garda car. Further back an unmarked car and garda car and even further back keeping up the rear was yet another unmarked car. The only one of the who could possibly catch the audi would have been the Volvo with the Armed Boyos.

Probably a 04 Audi A4 2.0 Tdi at most.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,864 ✭✭✭langdang

I like Dexter as a dog name, must keep that one on file!
    Saw a mink in broad daylight on main street Patrickswell.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 25,560 ✭✭✭✭Kess73

zuroph wrote: »
    NEW PUPPY!
    Everyone, meet Dexter.
    nn8yn.jpg
    2011-08-21201855.jpg

That's not the Lion toy/seat that was for sale in the animal welfare shop is it?

langdang wrote: »
    I like Dexter as a dog name, must keep that one on file!
    Saw a mink in broad daylight on main street Patrickswell.

An actual mink? (Dark brown/almost black fur with a white muzzle.) Or an escaped ferret or even a feral ferret?

I ask because I did a couple of tetrads for the 2007-2011 Bird Atlas for Ireland and it would be in one of my areas that I covered for the last four years.

Its just some plush dog toy, I'd say it came from TK maxx, was a gift.

He's all tuckered out after his first walk around the neighbourhood, scared of everything! although he got attention from the neighbours and loved it. Gonna be one hell of a wing dog ;)

Reckoned it was a mink because it was tiny.
    Kinda beige/fawn coloured? Definitely wasn't a squirrel. Did a kinda bouncey-pouncey thing darting between bits of cover.

Reckoned it was a mink because it was tiny.
    Kinda beige/fawn coloured? Definitely wasn't a squirrel. Did a kinda bouncey-pouncey thing darting between bits of cover.

European-Mink.Le-Vison-d%E2%80%99Europe.Mustela-lutreola.France.gif

200px-Europ%C3%A4ischer_Nerz.jpg

Fur colour would go from the lighter ones being almost chestnut in colour to the darker ones looking black.

Ferret running, look at about 1:04 to see if the run is like what you saw. Ferrets can be light brown, dark brown, white, black, grey and mixtures of those colours.

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 30,857 Mod ✭✭✭✭Insect Overlord

Strange seeing the photos and videos of mink and ferrets above a Caramel sig! :D

Naw, ran more like a squirrel. But didn't have a tail big enough, and was long and thin - didn't have bigger round haunches like a squirrel. Don't think it had squirrel ears either.
    I'm going with mink! But finding it very hard to tell the difference really, could have been a young ferret I spose.

How many kestrels out that way Kess? I regularly see something hovering near the main road, I'm told it's most likely a kestrel (or several kestrels in different spots?)

Naw, ran more like a squirrel. But didn't have a tail big enough, and was long and thin - didn't have bigger round haunches like a squirrel. Don't think it had squirrel ears either.
    I'm going with mink! But finding it very hard to tell the difference really, could have been a young ferret I spose.

How many kestrels out that way Kess? I regularly see something hovering near the main road, I'm told it's most likely a kestrel (or several kestrels in different spots?)

Quite a few kestrels out that way. Anything you see hovering along the side of the dual carriageway or as you head out the Cork road is a kestrel. In the Patrickswell area there were at least five breeding pairs this year, and I spotted nine different fledglings in the area (had to check my notes for that:))

They have a very high mortality rate in their first year though with between 65% and 75% of birds dying, so if two or three of those fledglings make it to next summer they are doing well.

Very healthy sparrowhawk population in that area as well, along with Dooradoyle (Kilteragh and Glencairn in particular), Ballinacurra Gardens, South Circular road, and Mungret having very good sparrowhawk numbers in terms of breeding pairs with successful batches this year.

So who wants to pack all my stuff and help me move house??

• Registered Users Posts: 19,106 ✭✭✭✭TestTransmission

SarahBeep! wrote: »
    So who wants to pack all my stuff and help me move house??

Drifter has a 4*4 with plenty of space ,he could give ya a hand!
    Although,I think he's in Spain at the moment.

• Advertisement

Got a good loads of stuff moved today in very little time. It was awesome!!

• Registered Users Posts: 14,015 ✭✭✭✭Mc Love

I was out raking the grass earlier - got a blister - then bit the blister :D good times

• Registered Users Posts: 26,149 ✭✭✭✭Berty

Mc Love wrote: »
    I was out raking the grass earlier - got a blister - then bit the blister :D good times

I wallpapered the fireplace wall on orders from the fuhrer. She was unimpressed with my first venture into wallpapering.

I also cut the same finger twice with the same snap blade knife. It's like one of those moments where you are walking up a stairs thinking "I fell on this step the last time" only to fall over the step again. Stupid knife. :mad:

Beer Baron wrote: »
    I also cut the same finger twice with the same snap blade knife. It's like one of those moments where you are walking up a stairs thinking "I fell on this step the last time" only to fall over the step again. Stupid knife. :mad:

My phone always falls outta my pocket. When it hits bathroom tiles the cover comes off and the battery falls out. I'm always worried the screen will crack. On Friday,
    my phone fell IN the toilet
    . Thank god for insurance.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 287 ✭✭pushki

so Limerick boardsies, Do ye have any Limerick beers?

pushki wrote: »
    so Limerick boardsies, Do ye have any Limerick beers?

Only posh obscure one's recommended by Bear Barron :pac::pac::pac:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,348 ✭✭✭the drifter

Drifter has a 4*4 with plenty of space ,he could give ya a hand!
    Although,I think he's in Spain at the moment.

thats correct i am....

just incase ye were all wondering today is a lovely cool 32 degrees :P and thats the coldest its been so far!

thats correct i am....

just incase ye were all wondering today is a lovely cool 2 degrees :P and thats the coldest its been so far!

Sure it's warmer than that here!! Oh the shame of your typo, that's what ya get for showing off :P

• Registered Users Posts: 19,106 ✭✭✭✭TestTransmission

thats correct i am....

just incase ye were all wondering today is a lovely cool 32 degrees :P and thats the coldest its been so far!

2?

Well woohoo for you :pac:

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 7,348 ✭✭✭the drifter

feckers...and i only logged on to check up on IRENE....

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement