Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

British Open Golf

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 576 ✭✭✭Fishyfreak

Did a fiver double for a bit of interest:

Woods to beat Fisher today (draw no bet)
    Rose to beat Mickelson today (draw no bet)

€5- returns about €16-

• Closed Accounts Posts: 363 ✭✭dan de man

backed six players at the start of this: woods @ 6/1 50e/w,rose @20/1 50e/w,poulter @28/1 10e/w,hunter mahan @125/1 10 e/w,sergio garcia @80/1 10 e/w and kevin na @275/1 10 e/w,rose and poulter nowhere but place money chances with woods,garcia and best of all na who is -2 already today(-4 overall) after 5,if he made top 7 it would be sweet:)

also have put 300 on oosthuizen @4/5,dont think he is for catching

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,683 ✭✭✭heavyballs

dan de man wrote: »
    backed six players at the start of this: woods @ 6/1 50e/w,rose @20/1 50e/w,poulter @28/1 10e/w,hunter mahan @125/1 10 e/w,sergio garcia @80/1 10 e/w and kevin na @275/1 10 e/w,rose and poulter nowhere but place money chances with woods,garcia and best of all na who is -2 already today(-4 overall) after 5,if he made top 7 it would be sweet:)

i put the mortgage on O0sty at 225/1,win only,i was that confident,i really love aftertimers,why bother?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,899 ✭✭✭coughlan08

heavyballs wrote: »
    i put the mortgage on O0sty at 225/1,win only,i was that confident,i really love aftertimers,why bother?

how is that particular bet after timing.
    he can be got on pp at 8/11,so i dont see how,im not sure but he can prob be got at 4/5 is you shop around..
    i know the other bets are after timing but this aint really..

edit:he can be got on betfair @22/25,so he actually didnt even take the best odds.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 363 ✭✭dan de man

considering he is only teeing off now could you explain to me please how is that aftertiming?

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 17,919 ✭✭✭✭orourkeda

dan de man wrote: »

I lumped on him this morning at this price too. I thought it was a mistake at the start

• Closed Accounts Posts: 17,919 ✭✭✭✭orourkeda

That eagle putt took some stones.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,515 ✭✭✭Hoki

Great eagle by Oosthuizen, should be an interesting back 9, il take 2 or 3 more birdies from McIlroy as well please - get my e/w bet @ 40/1!

• Registered Users Posts: 8,512 ✭✭✭Speak Now

Verance wrote: »
    Rubbish, keep the bet.

What bet :confused:

Great win by Oosthuizen, il get 1/3 of my stake at 10/1 for Mcilroy finishing joint 3rd with Casey & Stenson ( is that right - 1/4 odds at 40/1 for top 4? )

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,979 ✭✭✭Vurnon San Benito

I got a full pay-out for McIlroy.

From a 40€ E/W. I got €100 back so I'm guessing dead-heat doesn't apply.?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,014 ✭✭✭dotsflan

does anyone know what way pp payout on joint 7th? do dead heat rules apply?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,746 ✭✭✭FortuneChip

Four tied for 7th yeah? So I guess quarter stake to full odds

• Moderators Posts: 8,714 ✭✭✭x PyRo

i put the mortgage on O0sty at 225/1,win only

Well done. :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 811 ✭✭✭todolist

I'll never back links golf again.Luck played a huge part in finding a winner.He got a four shot advantage because he played in the best conditions.Links golf is a lottery.Never again.

• Registered Users Posts: 496 ✭✭Jasonw

I put on a number of bets including Rock and Lehman to finish top 20.

Lehman was tied 14th with 9 other players. I backed him €10 at 12/1 top 20. can somebody work out the payout for me if dead heat rules apply?

Useless at all this stuff. :confused:

todolist wrote: »
    I'll never back links golf again.Luck played a huge part in finding a winner.He got a four shot advantage because he played in the best conditions.Links golf is a lottery.Never again.

But he ended up winning by 7 shots - a canter and could have won by more. ( he played the last 2 holes like they were meaningless resulting in a bogey on 17th ) All this while playing with the leaders for the last 2 days in the same conditions as the contenders . The guy won by playing flawless golf for 4 days not because he had the best conditions for 1 day.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,301 ✭✭✭scheister

Jasonw wrote: »

Lehman was tied 14th with 9 other players. I backed him €10 at 12/1 top 20. can somebody work out the payout for me if dead heat rules apply?

i think it works out at 7/9 of your stake at 12/1 which is €93.24

9 players tied = 1/10 of your stake = €1 @ (1/4 of 12/1) 3/1

= €4 return , could be wrong here

Or :

€10 x 12 = €120 * 4 * 9 = €3.33.

• Advertisement

Mine's more than likely wrong though.

• Registered Users Posts: 951 ✭✭✭Verance

No, no, he was backed for a top 20 so was allowed have 19 players ahead of him. So 6/9 or 7/9 of the stake?? I'd go for 7/9 so €93.

Doocey wrote: »
    Or :

€10 x 12 = €120 * 4 * 9 = €3.33.

€10 x 12 = €120 * 4 * 9 = €4320

/ instead of * ;)

My sincerest apologies :pac:

I worked it out as

22 players were placed inside the top 20

So

20/22 = .91 of the €10 stake or €9.10 @ 12/1 = €109.20 plus my €9.10 stake returned = €118.30

needless to say, this is not what the bookie returned to me. so, How SHOULD it be worked out? any bookies out there?

• Registered Users Posts: 811 ✭✭✭todolist

Hoki wrote: »
    But he ended up winning by 7 shots - a canter and could have won by more. ( he played the last 2 holes like they were meaningless resulting in a bogey on 17th ) All this while playing with the leaders for the last 2 days in the same conditions as the contenders . The guy won by playing flawless golf for 4 days not because he had the best conditions for 1 day.
    You have to admit he did get an advantage because of the conditions he played as against his opponents.While it may not have effected the eventual outcome it's still unfair.It turns Golf into a lottery.From a punters point of view I would never back anyone in a links golf event.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,301 ✭✭✭scheister

I worked it out as

22 players were placed inside the top 20

So

20/22 = .91 of the €10 stake or €9.10 @ 12/1 = €109.20 plus my €9.10 stake returned = €118.30

needless to say, this is not what the bookie returned to me. so, How SHOULD it be worked out? any bookies out there?

i work in a bookies. the player tied in 14th so forget the top 13. 14-20 is 7 places left to pay and 9 players in there so its 7/9 of the stake.

Thanks for that. That ties in with what I got paid.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,212 ✭✭✭Jaysoose

todolist wrote: »
    You have to admit he did get an advantage because of the conditions he played as against his opponents.While it may not have effected the eventual outcome it's still unfair.It turns Golf into a lottery.From a punters point of view I would never back anyone in a links golf event.

How is 'the weather' unfair? saturday and sunday were the same for everybody.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 522 ✭✭✭ValueSeeker

Lads, Ooosthuizen didn't even get the best of the conditions on day 1. He actually finished pretty late on, hense being one of the first out on day 2.

Advertisement