Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

About last night...

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 93 ✭✭knick_knack

Managed to play online for the first time in a while with a couple of lads from boards. Damon it's good to get back into the game :) great craic now.
    If your a member of the board's clan do we need to re-register or something to get our name to turn blue? :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 31,152 ✭✭✭✭KERSPLAT!

Managed to play online for the first time in a while with a couple of lads from boards. Damon it's good to get back into the game :) great craic now.
    If your a member of the board's clan do we need to re-register or something to get our name to turn blue? :)

I just put [BRDS] in as clan tag and it turned yellow

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 6,265 CMod ✭✭✭✭MiCr0

blackops2 1.0 KD 55% WL (5.75 hours played @ level 28)
    mw3 1.18 KD 61 % WL (242 hours played @ Prestige 10, Level 80)
    blackops 1.22 KD 51% WL (215 hours played @ Prestige 9, Level 1)

• Registered Users Posts: 4,277 ✭✭✭x43r0

blackops2 1.73 KD 70% WL
    mw3 2.02 KD 86 % WL
    blackops 2.92 KD 84% WL

Yeah bit of a drop there. I'd be optimistic enough though if they sorted out the connection stuff

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 6,330 Mod ✭✭✭✭PerrinV2

Any1 for zombies later?

• Advertisement

Yep, I'll be on about 10

• Registered Users Posts: 18,987 ✭✭✭✭everlast75

Elkats is gonna ban-hammer me :(

Sorry lads

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 11,139 Mod ✭✭✭✭Mr. Manager

everlast75 wrote: »
    Elkats is gonna ban-hammer me :(

You're damn right. Now, get the fook out.

Banned.

Jerk :(

I'll buy you a pint at the beers???

• Advertisement

I'll buy you a pint at the beers???

Unbanned :pac:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,513 ✭✭✭donalg1

Nick any of the others team, but when it comes to being on the same side, my school of thought is - if you want them, earn them!

If you can't string a couple of kills together then you are of little use to me on my team, don't compound the problem by nicking them from a team mate.

And I'm not talking about me calling it in and dying - that's fair game. But when you are beside it, call it in and are in the process of changing it from say, a UAV, some little dickwad strolls in and nicks it.

One of the smaller components to the problem with the CoD community summed up.. just like people not playing the objective.

Whoa wait what you can change a CP.

I have given up using them as a perk now as people trying to steal them p1ssed me off too much plus what you get isnt worth the hassle but if what you get can be changed I might look again.

The other night a lad on my own team saw me throw the marker and waited beside the red smoke and as soon as it landed he went for it, obviously I got it first but wtf like. I did follow him round the map then stabbing him and shooting at him letting everyone know where he was for the rest of the game. :cool:

donalg1 wrote: »
    Whoa wait what you can change a CP.

I have given up using them as a perk now as people trying to steal them p1ssed me off too much plus what you get isnt worth the hassle but if what you get can be changed I might look again.

The other night a lad on my own team saw me throw the marker and waited beside the red smoke and as soon as it landed he went for it, obviously I got it first but wtf like. I did follow him round the map then stabbing him and shooting at him letting everyone know where he was for the rest of the game. :cool:

Yup, think its the Engineer perk which allows you to double-tap x and change what you got the first time!

So if you get a UAV, go up to change it to something more useful, then in the meantime some douchebag uses the black hat to steal it from a distance.

"Well done sir, not only have you taken something you haven't got the modicum of skill required to earn yourself, but you've also prevented the team from getting something more useful than the most basic killstreak. My hat is truly off to you"

• Registered Users Posts: 13,407 ✭✭✭✭gimli2112

I'm still baffled as to why they let team mates rob your CPs and made it so easy to do it. What's the thought process?

- yeah, it'll be ok the cod community is mature enought not to exploit this
    - well if we're taking out Dead Man's Hand I'm putting this in!

• Administrators, Computer Games Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 32,144 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Mickeroo

If an enemy has booby trapped your CP, engineer allows you to disarm it too, you don't get the killstreak but it gets rid of a potential easy kill for the fecker that nicked it.

It says on the menu engineer allows you to booby trap a CP too, not sure how you do that though.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 130 ✭✭PeterStrauss The Second

Mickeroo wrote: »
    If an enemy has booby trapped your CP, engineer allows you to disarm it too, you don't get the killstreak but it gets rid of a potential easy kill for the fecker that nicked it.

It says on the menu engineer allows you to booby trap a CP too, not sure how you do that though.

If you have engineer on and rob an enemy's CP it leaves the box there as a booby trap.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,732 ✭✭✭Magill

Care packages are for noobs anyway.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,760 ✭✭✭DaveNoCheese

Holy ****, actually went 37-17 in a game of blops 2... What happened??

Holy ****, actually went 37-17 in a game of blops 2... What happened??

Went 50-10 in a game of demolition on Wed, then joined up with some boardies, finished bottom of scoreboard, next game finished top!

Went 50-10 in a game of demolition on Wed, then joined up with some boardies, finished bottom of scoreboard, next game finished top!

It's all over the shop cause game after that one I went 26-11 (i think) and then back to the likes of 7-15 and so on...

Hated the game at first but am actually liking it now :)

• Advertisement

I think if you accept that you will have some horrible horrible games, you can take it from there..

Anyone on for few games? Gonna give BLOPs another go :rolleyes:

IPAM wrote: »
    Anyone on for few games? Gonna give BLOPs another go :rolleyes:

I'm free all evening, let us know when you're online ;)

*cue tumbleweed*

*cue tumbleweed*

Don't think we had a full party all night. Had a few decent games but then some terrible ones so I moved over to MW3. I prefer BLOPs but atleast theres very little lag bullshît in MW3. I think private matches are the way forward. Great craic playin gun game etc and if we had enough, say 8 or 10 we could play objective private games, it'd mean no lag etc

Don't think we had a full party all night. Had a few decent games but then some terrible ones so I moved over to MW3. I prefer BLOPs but atleast theres very little lag bullshît in MW3. I think private matches are the way forward. Great craic playin gun game etc and if we had enough, say 8 or 10 we could play objective private games, it'd mean no lag etc

Couldn't agree more with this bit. The private games on MW2 were just legendary!

• Administrators, Computer Games Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 32,144 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Mickeroo

Yes yes and yes! That would be serious craic.

• Registered Users Posts: 185 ✭✭Spike2010

I'd be up for private matches 100%.

Public games last night were shíte! Private games were great craic, even if I do suck at gun game :o

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,721 ✭✭✭Kells...

Lodestar/Reaper is OP! :P

Advertisement