Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

About last night...

Options

Comments

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 6,330 Mod ✭✭✭✭PerrinV2

Is every1 is different lobbies or is there a party?

• Registered Users Posts: 14,739 ✭✭✭✭minidazzler

Fcuking game is wrecking my head. Joined the party early in the evening, about to start the game, disconnects, and proceeds to do so a few dozen times, I don't know if it's my connection or the actual game because it happens with nothing else but I can't seem to be part of a party in a game!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 4,277 ✭✭✭x43r0

Fcuking game is wrecking my head. Joined the party early in the evening, about to start the game, disconnects, and proceeds to do so a few dozen times, I don't know if it's my connection or the actual game because it happens with nothing else but I can't seem to be part of a party in a game!!!

Mine has been doing this too. It must be something wrong with the matchmaking

• Registered Users Posts: 18,987 ✭✭✭✭everlast75

Had the poxiest luck ever playing tonight, think I've died more times in this CoD than the previous 3 put together :-/

• Closed Accounts Posts: 31,152 ✭✭✭✭KERSPLAT!

everlast75 wrote: »
    Had the poxiest luck ever playing tonight, think I've died more times in this CoD than the previous 3 put together :-/

Gets very frustrationg but I still rather this than BLOPs1 or MW3 even though I lose more and have a sh!t K/D :confused: If the connection was a little better Id love it!! Nothing worse than seeing a killcam where it looks like ya stopped for tea while walking around the corner. Id imagine the other team are say something along the lines of "PM that fella and tell him its right trigger to shoot" :mad:

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 11,139 Mod ✭✭✭✭Mr. Manager

After 3 months of not paying the bill we got our internet cut off :(

Won't be online again till sometime next week I reckon.

• Administrators, Computer Games Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 32,144 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Mickeroo

Enjoyed the games this evening lads, don't know what happened towards the end though, connection went all funny. Couldn't hear ye talkin then it put me in the opposite team so gave up on it. Apologies for shooting any of ye :(

• Registered Users Posts: 4,277 ✭✭✭x43r0

After 3 months of not paying the bill we got our internet cut off :(

Not paying the bill gets you cut off? What kind of 3rd world country are you living in?!

Cue Elkats getting dragged out by the authorities

WHAT?! WHAT?! I THOUGHT THIS WAS MALTA!!!

tumblr_lm5ny3Ds0J1qdfk9yo1_500.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 7,859 ✭✭✭The_B_Man

As well as being terrible at this, I'm also getting really really unlucky.

I was playing last night on Express (the Train level) and I ran into the train, turned left and got blown up by what seemed like a grenade. I was curious as to how I got killed because there was no way I could be seen, so I watched the Kill Cam. The bloke who killed me was on the tracks, trying to throw a grenade into where "B" is in Domination, but not only did he miss his target, the granade bounced twice off the the wall and landed perfectly into the window of the carriage, just as I set foot in it.

Luckiest kill ever, and unluckiest death ever for me!!

Two separate douchebags nicked care packages on me. I was standing right beside where they landed and was in the middle of changing them when along came the two little cnuts and nicked them!

Reported both of them for cheating, the little pudding benders!

• Advertisement

Two separate douchebags nicked care packages on me. I was standing right beside where they landed and was in the middle of changing them when along came the two little cnuts and nicked them!

:D

How they take them? There before ya or the black hat thing?

• Administrators, Computer Games Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 32,144 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Mickeroo

Is it technically cheating though? Treyarch's **** up really. They should patch it so it only works on your own and enemy's CPs in fairness.

Nick any of the others team, but when it comes to being on the same side, my school of thought is - if you want them, earn them!

If you can't string a couple of kills together then you are of little use to me on my team, don't compound the problem by nicking them from a team mate.

And I'm not talking about me calling it in and dying - that's fair game. But when you are beside it, call it in and are in the process of changing it from say, a UAV, some little dickwad strolls in and nicks it.

One of the smaller components to the problem with the CoD community summed up.. just like people not playing the objective.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,407 ✭✭✭✭gimli2112

Ye'r always going to get people like that in Cod..... trapping you in corners, teamkilling, glitching, hacking and so on. I genuinely don't see the attraction, maybe you need to be a certain kind of cnut :)

Being able to fk up teammates CPs seems and odd thing to put in though or is it just they can pick them up quicker than whoever calls them in?

gimli2112 wrote: »
    Ye'r always going to get people like that in Cod..... trapping you in corners, teamkilling, glitching, hacking and so on. I genuinely don't see the attraction, maybe you need to be a certain kind of cnut :)

Being able to fk up teammates CPs seems and odd thing to put in though or is it just they can pick them up quicker than whoever calls them in?

Its with the Black Hat equipment - they can hack/pick up them from a distance...

I agree with the cnut sentiment though ;)

I find trapping someone in a corner funny, not when they do it to me but hilarious when I do it to someone else :o I'm a cûnt

IPAM wrote: »
    I find trapping someone in a corner funny, not when they do it to me but hilarious when I do it to someone else :oI'm a cûnt

Only if you're trapping me. Every other time you're hilarious. :)

I wouldnt do it for long, just till they kill themselves or quit... :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 1,909 ✭✭✭greenman09

Last night was one of those nights. Big scores from the team.maybe we had host most games or something. That first shotgun is something else.

• Registered Users Posts: 185 ✭✭Spike2010

Some laugh last night with the lads, stuck on the spawn nearly everytime by, Lynx, Podge, Greenballs and Eamonn you sly so & so's.

• Advertisement

Goin on for a few games of MW3 if anyone else has thrown BLOPs 2 out the window like me

• Registered Users Posts: 455 ✭✭The Little Fella

IPAM wrote: »
    Goin on for a few games of MW3 if anyone else has thrown BLOPs 2 out the window like me

It had aged like a fine wine, only now are we recognising its brilliance

I was getting scores of 30-30, 10-20, 16-20 tonight on BLOPs2, shot around corners, killed with what looks to me like 1 bullet but kill cam shows enemy spraying! Switch to MW3 and along with winning all 5(?) games or so, I was getting a constant 2 +/- KD. One of the games Greenballs went somethin like 40-1, Ive never seen a score like that from anyone on BLOPs 2.

I dont mind dying alot, but when you know you should be slaughtering the other lad it really grinds my gears!!

I didn't rage quit last night. Just went to grab my pizza from the oven and my housemate stuck on Fifa. TBH though, he was saving me the embarrassment of doing it myself. Truly awful games last night.

I know it's only new and we always say this but I'm not really liking it so far. Getting spanked when I've clearly got the jump first.

Im loving the game in general, its the lag thats wreckin my head!

Every game we played last night started off with shít connection, waited a while then migrated the host but by that stage the difference in score was impossible to come back from.

Krudler said it in another thread about racking up a huge W/L - starting out on MW3 mine was about 11 or 12. Even Doc (I think) has a 9 or 10 W/L after a heap of days played - no sign of that happening in Black Ops II.

Guess it's my own fault for being super shit :(

Every game we played last night started off with shít connection, waited a while then migrated the host but by that stage the difference in score was impossible to come back from.

Krudler said it in another thread about racking up a huge W/L - starting out on MW3 mine was about 11 or 12. Even Doc (I think) has a 9 or 10 W/L after a heap of days played - no sign of that happening in Black Ops II.

Guess it's my own fault for being super shit :(

Yep... hate that :D

Your right though, I was talkin to someone the other day sayin I had a 100 (+/-) winstreak in MW3 and Seamus had something like a 300/400, on BLOPs2 youd be lucky to get 5+!! Its not all about winstreaks but as with the 1v1, when you know you should be winning and your not, its pretty annoying!

Ive resorted to using an LMG with the target finder just to go positive in games :( yimrag would have a field day here :D

Headglitching is the way to go apparently if you want a positive K/D :rolleyes:

This is the first COD were I've had a negative K/D - fair enough, they were never huge but always around the 1.7 mark across 10+ days played.

My KDR is 0.56
    0.56 :eek::eek:

Needless to say worst KDR ever!

• Advertisement

Mine is

Black Ops II - 0.97 11.75 hrs played - Win % 65
    MW3 - 1.28 213 hrs played (was about 1.6 till I started using the sniper) - Win % 78
    Black Ops I - 1.85 323 hrs played - Win % 80
    MW2 - 1.54 22 days played W/L 3.something
    MW - 1.34 - 56 days played (combined across 2 accounts) W/L 1.56

Advertisement