Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

SmackDown vs Raw 2011 Video Game thread

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,083 ✭✭✭waltersobchak

Those games are crap IMHO. (It's an opinion, nobody get their panties in a twist). If I picked up SvR2005, it would be hard telling them apart.

I only buy MMA games.

I very much doubt that anyone here, actually values your opinion anyway tbh..

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,284 ✭✭✭Gerard.C

I dont like hip hop but i dont go onto the hip hop forum to let people know this.

But then how will they ever know?? :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 7,957 ✭✭✭The Volt

Lads, he is the walrus in fairness.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,600 ✭✭✭✭CMpunked

I dont like hip hop but i dont go onto the hip hop forum to let people know this.

How are they meant to learn, how are they meant to better themselves?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,670 ✭✭✭✭Wolfe Tone

This better be better than 2010. That was so crap. Nothing comes close to firepro and that thing is in Japanese!

• Advertisement

2010 wasn't terrible, I finished it quickly but still enjoy the odd game of it. Just crave a Shut Your Mouth style season mode

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,670 ✭✭✭✭Wolfe Tone

I didnt like the new controls at all.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 132 ✭✭leinsterrugby

its true these games are terrible. they care too much about graphics and not enough about actual gameplay. ai is crap and they don't allow enough freedom.

i cant remember if i played 2010 or not.........think i might have it and its good to a point but not what it should be

• Registered Users Posts: 8,391 ✭✭✭D2D

Those games are crap IMHO. (It's an opinion, nobody get their panties in a twist). If I picked up SvR2005, it would be hard telling them apart.

I only buy MMA games.

44266966_unsuccessful_troll.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 14,600 ✭✭✭✭CMpunked

I'll take credit for that image D2D.
    :P

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 351 ✭✭Tribesmen7

44266966_unsuccessful_troll.jpg
    He's right. They have been rubbish since Here Comes The Pain and Shut Your Mouth. Those were the last two good games that had proper career modes included.

• Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 12,013 Mod ✭✭✭✭jaykhunter

Well if you buy the game, you know what you're getting into. The games are only slightly better* than the previous year, with a slightly updated roster (DLC would sort that out) and few new storylines for a select few wrestlers. The AI will still be mush, and the create-a-whatever engine will be pretty cool and the main focus of the game, not the in-ring game itself.

The UFC games show that you can have a roster of ~90, and Yuke's/THQ have been dragging their ass on content and depth.

Anyway, i'm just saying that anyone that buys the game should know (over and over again) that there's not much substance to the game and can't complain when they return it 2 days later.

*which is arguable

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,772 ✭✭✭johnn

really hope this is good, havent liked the last two, ive bought every single one of the series, but if the reviews are bad i might only rent it. HCTP gameplay please!

jaykhunter wrote: »
    Well if you buy the game, you know what you're getting into. The games are only slightly better* than the previous year, with a slightly updated roster (DLC would sort that out) and few new storylines for a select few wrestlers. The AI will still be mush, and the create-a-whatever engine will be pretty cool and the main focus of the game, not the in-ring game itself.

The UFC games show that you can have a roster of ~90, and Yuke's/THQ have been dragging their ass on content and depth.

Anyway, i'm just saying that anyone that buys the game should know (over and over again) that there's not much substance to the game and can't complain when they return it 2 days later.

*which is arguable

Thats why I haven't bought the game in two years and before that I hadn't bought it in about three. I played 2007 there again lately and its frighteningly bad. What I hate most about the games is the storyline mode. The fact that I have to pick between a small choice of wrestlers to play storymode with is really disappointing especially when six and seven years ago I could pick any of the wrestlers to play storymode with. Its a step backwards. I thought the creators of the game have become very lazy over the last few years. The new version sounds promosing so I'm hoping that this years game will be a start on the right road. I love wrestling games and it annoys me there is none available. Nothing was as bad as the TNA game.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,364 ✭✭✭campo

Tribesmen7 wrote: »
    Thats why I haven't bought the game in two years and before that I hadn't bought it in about three. I played 2007 there again lately and its frighteningly bad. What I hate most about the games is the storyline mode. The fact that I have to pick between a small choice of wrestlers to play storymode with is really disappointing especially when six and seven years ago I could pick any of the wrestlers to play storymode with. Its a step backwards. I thought the creators of the game have become very lazy over the last few years. The new version sounds promosing so I'm hoping that this years game will be a start on the right road. I love wrestling games and it annoys me there is none available. Nothing was as bad as the TNA game.

I have to agree with the TNA Impact comment it is the worst wreslting game ever

• Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 12,013 Mod ✭✭✭✭jaykhunter

Although the roster list of 12 and the meager CAW/extras on the TNA game were poor, i found the in-ring stuff to be better than SvR's. Although the game was a touch too hard, getting to grips with the timing of the counter-recounter-recounter etc was actually pretty intense and fun! The Ultimate X made sense as well; it got nerve racking when you could time it so you could lift your legs (while holding onto the Ultimate X-rope) so your opponent couldn't grab you :)

Gotta remember it was TNA's first try; and it wasn't bad -- for a first try. We're so used to all of SvR's padding, i think the in-ring stuff was really overlooked. Also, the characters looked much, much more realistic, they scanned in their entire bodies and wrapped the texture around the skeleton. AJ had a busted lip the day they did him, and it made it into the game!!

WWE might use that technique now, but not a few years ago when the TNA game came out.

Ever simulate a Royal Rumble on SvR? Really, really highlights the gaping hole where the AI should be!

I noticed how bad the AI is alright from doing just that.

As for the TNA Game. Yeah the in ring game was pretty good except for the fact it was near impossible even on easy with all the reversals.

I would love to have The Nexus in the new SvR game and the Career mode sounds kind of cool this time around. I hope they improve the in ring game big time and it could be a solid game.

Tribesmen7 wrote: »
    I noticed how bad the AI is alright from doing just that.

As for the TNA Game. Yeah the in ring game was pretty good except for the fact it was near impossible even on easy with all the reversals.

I would love to have The Nexus in the new SvR game and the Career mode sounds kind of cool this time around. I hope they improve the in ring game big time and it could be a solid game.
    THQ always have the date for new superstars or gimmick changes around Wrestlemania which is frankly ridiculous.

That seems very early and frankly ridiculous. Disappointing to know we wont have Barrett or DBD so.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,589 ✭✭✭irish_stevo815

Voltwad wrote: »
    THQ always have the date for new superstars or gimmick changes around Wrestlemania which is frankly ridiculous.

How is it ridiculous? It's realistic is what it is. Wrestlemania is in March/April. The game is due out in October. That gives 6 months to put the game together and add in as many superstars as they can. Actually it probably only gives them about 4 or 5 months because by the time Summersalm comes around, they have a demo out of the game, which by that stage is probably 90% complete.

Yes i agree that it sucks that some Superstars will be left out, or some wont have correct gimmicks/ attires, but there is only so much THQ can do. And if they left the cut off point to a later date, then it would probably result in some other aspect of the game to be lacking, and people would still be giving out.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,772 ✭✭✭johnn

Whats the news so far is it the same engine/AI?

All these basics seem to be being glossed over at the moment with news of being able to use tables more.

The WWE Universe mode sounds good, but nothing will ever be good if i still cant get any fun out of an exhibition match which has been the case for the past few games. i still cant understand how they ****ed up so much from HCTP

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 14,916 Mod ✭✭✭✭Furious-Red

The roster will be announced wednesday

About to reveal the roster on www.gamespot.com

/\/\/\ Was just about to post this too......looking forward to it. Bring on Nexus

Miz is AWESOME!!!

Miz is AWESOME!!!

MIDDLE%20FINGER%20CHILD.jpg

I repeat, MIZ IS AWESOME!!! What an impression

I repeat, MIZ IS AWESOME!!! What an impression

Agree!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!1

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 14,916 Mod ✭✭✭✭Furious-Red

I was waiting for it to start and just flicked onto internet explorer and now is working

• Advertisement

picture_522_medium.jpg

Wow Miz is actually still cutting the same promo he does every week, WOW..

Advertisement