Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

SmackDown vs Raw 2011 Video Game thread

Options
1101112131416»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 192 ✭✭RKJ_force

hey guys I play smackdown vs raw 2011 on ps3 (add Terminator94_GR ) and ok the kik out system for me its very easy but my friend that has it on xbox 360 says that with the xbox 360 controller is smoother and much more confortable but from like the buttons are it would be difficult to kick out. So its better svr2011 (only for controller) the ps3 or xbox 360? also in which system its easier to kik out on ps3 or xbox 360 ? if its in ps3 you mean that u cant be unpin on xbox 360(or ps3)?

• Registered Users Posts: 14,600 ✭✭✭✭CMpunked

RKJ_force wrote: »
    hey guys I play smackdown vs raw 2011 on ps3 (add Terminator94_GR ) and ok the kik out system for me its very easy but my friend that has it on xbox 360 says that with the xbox 360 controller is smoother and much more confortable but from like the buttons are it would be difficult to kick out. So its better svr2011 (only for controller) the ps3 or xbox 360? also in which system its easier to kik out on ps3 or xbox 360 ? if its in ps3 you mean that u cant be unpin on xbox 360(or ps3)?

128320993454987500dudewaitw.jpg

Ok ill take a tackle at this one..

You have the game on ps3 and you want to know which format (the ps3 or 360 version) is it easier to kick out on?

The latest DLC has been revealed:
    (kinda makes me wish i still had the game)

166435_493924156442_7175346442_6584058_7203828_n.jpg
    167741_493924226442_7175346442_6584059_7718128_n.jpg
    168772_493924346442_7175346442_6584068_1557545_n.jpg
    165122_493924461442_7175346442_6584071_6453954_n.jpg

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 14,918 Mod ✭✭✭✭Furious-Red

Whats with the 1st picture with JoMo and Sheamus? whats so different?

• Registered Users Posts: 576 ✭✭✭StoneColdFan

Whats with the 1st picture with JoMo and Sheamus? whats so different?

Laoch on the wrestling gear

i haven't played this game in over a month

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,448 ✭✭✭Garseys

Nitro arena looks great.

what is that titantron behind Punk?

• Registered Users Posts: 8,391 ✭✭✭D2D

CMpunked wrote: »
    what is that titantron behind Punk?

Looks like the Breaking Point arena

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,855 ✭✭✭Charlie Haughy

Are these dlc packs free or what? ive never even checked the store once before :eek:

• Registered Users Posts: 192 ✭✭RKJ_force

128320993454987500dudewaitw.jpg

Ok ill take a tackle at this one..

You have the game on ps3 and you want to know which format (the ps3 or 360 version) is it easier to kick out on?

yep

• Advertisement

RKJ_force wrote: »
    yep

They are both the same.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,054 ✭✭✭D.Q

They are both the same.

No, the xbox is way harder to unpin. I cannot be unpinned.

No, the xbox is way harder to unpin. I cannot be unpinned.

you find it harder to kick out?

When i got the game after one match i switched it back to the old style button masher mode to kick out. Never switched back.

• Registered Users Posts: 19,107 ✭✭✭✭Liam O

the game just lacks the old charm of the games, like there isn't as much signature styles and moves as there used to be and I really liked the old idea of saving a finisher not this momentum bar crap they have now. I haven't played one in a few years and this one feels like it went backwards since then

• Registered Users Posts: 182 ✭✭The Hammer

Are these dlc packs free or what? ive never even checked the store once before :eek:

no there about €6 (in Microsoft points)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,589 ✭✭✭irish_stevo815

Well if you bought the "Fan Axxess" Package, all the DLC is pre paid for in the €7.99 for the "Fan Axxess". So when the DLC is out, go to WWE Shop and Downlaod em there. Overall, i'd say you'll save about €5 from gettin the Fan Axxess pack.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,009 ✭✭✭kronsington

well ive been playin the game for a few weeks and i find it.... ok

the last game i had was here comes the pain and that was savage. easier controls, more moves, better characters.

ive only played a bit of rtwm with cena and got bored pretty quickly, particularly with some of the stipulations in matches etc. havent downloaded any of the packs yet or played online- plus i have to unlock all the characters, but for now, i havent been blown away by this game in any way- hopefully itll pick up when i get into it more

• Registered Users Posts: 7,957 ✭✭✭The Volt

Anyone elses game suffering from the freeze glitch?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,448 ✭✭✭Garseys

the last game i had was here comes the pain and that was savage. easier controls, more moves, better characters.

HCTP was probably the best Smackdown game of all time, so going from that to 2011 was probably a bit odd!

and Voltwad I noticed a bit of freezing during Universe mode.

the one thing they really need to improve on is the lag at the start of matches, online and offline!

ive only played a bit of rtwm with cena and got bored pretty quickly, particularly with some of the stipulations in matches etc. havent downloaded any of the packs yet or played online- plus i have to unlock all the characters, but for now, i havent been blown away by this game in any way- hopefully itll pick up when i get into it more

2 Words - Universe Mode!!!

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,855 ✭✭✭Charlie Haughy

Universe mode is awful. Its so bare bones and flawed for a next gen 2011 title its ridiculous. Smackdown 2012 will have a few minor additions and tweaks to universe mode, the same for 2013 etc..

Universe mode is awful. Its so bare bones and flawed for a next gen 2011 title its ridiculous. Smackdown 2012 will have a few minor additions and tweaks to universe mode, the same for 2013 etc..

I think it is definately the best part of the game. Yes, it has a couple of little bugs and some things left out, but it is a great step forward for future games - in which Universe mode can only be improved and expanded. You can really have lots of fun with it, if you put your mind to it. Especially by adding in CAW's and mixing up the rosters etc, if you just leave everything as it was out the box, then yes it will get boring. But by mixing things up it can be lots of fun for a long time

• Registered Users Posts: 685 ✭✭✭Cactus Colm

WWE-All-Stars-007.jpg

The guardian has an article about getting hands on with the new WWE All Stars game:

http://www.guardian.co.uk/technology/gamesblog/2011/jan/19/wwe-all-stars-hands-on

I hope All-Stars can get a thread all to itself. Anyway, here's a cool video interview on the game, this could actually be lots of fun.

• Registered Users Posts: 181 ✭✭GlennGeo

Hey can someone help me please ..

Only got this game the other day .

How come I can only select a small amount of stars ?

I figure u have to complete each road to wrestle mania?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,174 ✭✭✭Ridley

GlennGeo wrote: »
    Hey can someone help me please ..

Only got this game the other day .

How come I can only select a small amount of stars ?

I figure u have to complete each road to wrestle mania?

Regular wrestlers are unlocked in Universe mode where you have to play X amount of one on one matches on Raw, Smackdown and Superstars. For example, Zack Ryder's unlocked after you win one match on Superstars. Arenas are unlocked by playing a match in them in Universe mode.

Legends are unlocked in Road to Wrestlemania as are extra attires and things of that nature.

Or you can actually buy all the unlockables from the shop with Fan Axxess. :rolleyes:

Advertisement