Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Athletics on TV

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 881 ✭✭✭JosDel

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,200 ✭✭✭G-Money

These are all on today.

Boston Marathon - 2.30pm on Setanta Sports 1 - in-case Universal Sports online streaming isn't up to much.

Milan Marathon highlights - 4.30pm Eurosport

Special Report - The Marathon - 7.30pm Sky Sports News

Olympics 100 days to go - BBC One 10.45pm tonight.

• Registered Users Posts: 974 ✭✭✭pc11

Anyone know what channels will be covering the big meetings this Summer like Diamond League, Oslo etc?

• Registered Users Posts: 9,717 ✭✭✭YFlyer

G-Money wrote: »

Any online version?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,076 Mod ✭✭✭✭Dan man

On at 11:15pm on BBC N.I.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,100 ✭✭✭BobMac104

That was really great thank you for the heads up. Would be some honour to be part of it.

pc11 wrote: »
    Anyone know what channels will be covering the big meetings this Summer like Diamond League, Oslo etc?

I'm pretty sure the BBC will be covering all the Diamond League meetings. Although sometimes the coverage is only on the BBC Red Button, although they do show it on their normal channels too, but not always.

Diamond League is back, starting in Doha tomorrow night (Friday). Coverage on the BBC Red Button from 5-7pm.

It doesn't seem to be getting coverage on any other BBC channel or on Eurosport when I checked about a week ago.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 20,364 Mod ✭✭✭✭RacoonQueen

RTÉ to show the Eurpoean T&F Championships

http://www.athleticsireland.ie/content/?p=25063
    RTÉ will have live coverage of the European Track and Field Championships from Helsinki from Thursay-Sunday. So we will get to see our top athletes and future stars in action against quality European Athletes.
    Thursday, June 28: Live 1625 – 1825
    Friday, June 29: Live 1800 – 2040
    Saturday, June 30: Live 2000 – 2100
    Sunday, July 1: Live 1600 - 1800

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 6,492 ✭✭✭Woddle

Diamond League is back, starting in Doha tomorrow night (Friday). Coverage on the BBC Red Button from 5-7pm.

It doesn't seem to be getting coverage on any other BBC channel or on Eurosport when I checked about a week ago.

This red button is a load of ****e, I guess I'll be visiting my mam on Friday evening :D

Woddle wrote: »
    This red button is a load of ****e, I guess I'll be visiting my mam on Friday evening :D

I'm not sure but they used to show it live on the BBC Sport website when it was on the Red Button. Although I think a UK proxy is needed.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,717 ✭✭✭YFlyer

Whats the odds of Merga smashing his PB in the 3000m by over 10 seconds?

Here is a link to a live stream of tomorrow's crucial Race Walking World Cup in Saransk, Russia....should be well worth a watch!

http://t.co/o8d70mkL

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,866 ✭✭✭drquirky

Dan man wrote: »
    Here is a link to a live stream of tomorrow's crucial Race Walking World Cup in Saransk, Russia....should be well worth a watch!

http://t.co/o8d70mkL

Can I ask why this is being highlighted in the "athletics on tv" thread? Racewalking is not athletics...

• Registered Users Posts: 19,495 ✭✭✭✭Krusty_Clown

drquirky wrote: »
    Can I ask why this is being highlighted in the "athletics on tv" thread? Racewalking is not athletics...

Wikipedia wrote:
    Racewalking, or race walking, is a long-distance athletic event.
    If it's on Wikipedia it must be true..

drquirky wrote: »

:rolleyes:

Diamond League from China - Saturday BBC Red Button 1pm-3pm.

Great Manchester Run - Sunday 10am-12pm, BBC Two. Haile is running this.

Great Manchester City Games - Sunday 3.30pm-5pm, BBC Two

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,762 ✭✭✭✭ecoli

Connaught Schools available on stream:

http://flashhost.heanet.ie/ait/live.html

Very good us meet on:

http://www.runnerspace.com/OXYHP

Starts at 1.15am Irish time

Startlists

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 719 ✭✭✭Sandwell

You can follow the Copenhagen marathon from a livestream here. Barry Minnock and Barbera Sanchez are in action.

http://live.copenhagenmarathon.dk/en.html#video

• Registered Users Posts: 703 ✭✭✭happygoose

Both leading their respective fields through halfway with Sanchez at 1:18:07, A standard pace.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 420 ✭✭dev123

Coverage of the Marathon des Sables this evening (Wednesday) at 11:35pm on Eurosport for those interested in the longer stuff.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,845 ✭✭✭✭average_runner

Will record this.

Ostrava Grand Prix - Friday 6pm Eurosport and Eurosport HD. Bolt is running in the 100m.

Not sure if it's repeated or if it's a new series of events on Saturday, 12.30pm Eurosport 2.

IAAF Athletix - 7.30pm tonight (Thursday) Sky Sports 3 HD/Sky Sports 3

It lasts 30 minutes and is reviewing the Shanghai Diamond League, some other events and has a feature on Kenenisa Bekele.

Not sure what the show will be like. Hopefully it will be good, but I'm struggling to shake the vision of it being some show with a crappy cheap dance soundtrack over everything.

It lasts 30 minutes and is reviewing the Shanghai Diamond League, some other events and has a feature on Kenenisa Bekele.

Not sure what the show will be like. Hopefully it will be good, but I'm struggling to shake the vision of it being some show with a crappy cheap dance soundtrack over everything.

This is a regular show which includes interviews/profiles of athletes as well as race reviews. Its actually fairly well done

It's on Sky Sports on a regular basis (weekly I think). Features a round up of recent results, interviews with stars of the sport, some reports on how the sport is developing in different regions and there is the usual Colin Jackson segment (he often interviews athletes or does a report for the show).
    Towards the end of the season they re-cap the major events of the year. It's a good show, not exactly unmissable but a good watch for the elite athletics fan.

Grrrr, no Bekele feature. Unless you count a 1 minute interview a feature.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Regional Abroad Moderators Posts: 26,928 Mod ✭✭✭✭rainbow kirby

Ostrava on Eurosport now (until 8pm).

Advertisement