Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Athletics on TV

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,049 ✭✭✭Brianderunner

Worrying times for Bolt tonight, he looks injured.

• Registered Users Posts: 51 ✭✭Hello there 8888

Live european clubs cup. DSD women athletes competing today and tomorrow.

http://fpatletismo.sapo.pt/conteudo.aspx?caso=wide&;lang=pt&id_object=2289&name=Directo

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,200 ✭✭✭G-Money

Think a live stream of the FBK Games in Hengelo will be available at this link later today.

http://livetv.ru/en/eventinfo/121143_world_challenge_hengelo/

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,492 ✭✭✭Woddle

Good week of Diamond League action this week.

Diamond League Rome - Thursday 7pm BBC Three

Diamond League Eugene (Prefontaine Classic) - Saturday 9pm BBC Three

I might try and find a live stream of the Friday night Pre-classic event. Would love to see the Kenyan 10,000m trial.

Edit: The BBC website seems to contradict the TV listings regarding the Eugene Diamond League, it's not on BBC Three it seems...

• Advertisement

Yeah, I think the Eugene Diamond League meet might only be on the Red Button, I guess they'll say for sure at the end of the coverage of the Rome event on Thursday night. I've checked the TV listings on the BBC website, on Sky, and on Entertainment Ireland and they all show BBC Three showing Pirates of the Carribean on Sat night.

The only site saying it's on BBC Three is the athletics page of the BBC Sport website.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/athletics/15971129

• Registered Users Posts: 129 ✭✭SimonClarke

Taken from UPC online TV-Guide

Boston Marathon 2012 -- 02:00-05:00 / Tue / 05 Jun -- Setanta Ireland/Setanta HD

The Boston Marathon is the world's oldest annual continually run marathon and ranks as one of the most prestigious road racing events on the calendar.

Stockholm Marathon -- 07:50-08:30 / Mon / 04 Jun -- Eurosport/Eurosport HD Sports

The 2012 Stockholm Marathon sees competitors run two laps through the central parts of Stockholm. The first lap is 17km and the second lap 25km, and totals 42,195m in length.

Pretty short coverage of the Stockholm event.. Does anyone know if there is better coverage?

Just a reminder about the Diamond League. Tonight from Rome, 7pm BBC Three.

9.76 for Bolt to win the 100m. Not too bad.

• Registered Users Posts: 129 ✭✭SimonClarke

I loved the commentator after bolt's race.. what happened last week, who knows... who cares... hahaha

• Advertisement

It seemed like there was a great atmosphere in that stadium tonight, kinda wish I had been there.

Another repeat of Man on a Mission tonight (Friday), free-view on Setanta so you don't need a Setanta subscription to watch it - 8.30pm Setanta Ireland

Time of Our Lives tonight (Friday) - 11pm Sky Sports 1HD - They talk to Linford Christie, Sally Gunnell and Roger Black about the 1992 Olympics.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,029 ✭✭✭Pisco Sour

Are Eurosport not showing Diamond League in GB and Ireland? That's how I'm getting all my athletics down here. You wouldn't want to rely on Australian TV channels for athletics coverage. Makes athletics TV coverage in Ireland seem like Ford Super Sunday!

04072511 wrote: »
    Are Eurosport not showing Diamond League in GB and Ireland? That's how I'm getting all my athletics down here. You wouldn't want to rely on Australian TV channels for athletics coverage. Makes athletics TV coverage in Ireland seem like Ford Super Sunday!

For the 2 DL events so far, Eurosport haven't. Thankfully the BBC is showing coverage and mercifully I have the Red Button access now so I'm able to see any events they don't show on BBC One/Two/Three/Four.

I'd happily pay extra for some BBC style athletics channel that covered athletics all year around, including marathons etc.

G-Money wrote: »
    For the 2 DL events so far, Eurosport haven't. Thankfully the BBC is showing coverage and mercifully I have the Red Button access now so I'm able to see any events they don't show on BBC One/Two/Three/Four.

I'd happily pay extra for some BBC style athletics channel that covered athletics all year around, including marathons etc.

I'm guessing BBC have Cram, Storey and Hutchings? If so then it's the same coverage that Eurosport has. I guess in the UK and Ireland, the BBC has paid more for the coverage than British Eurosport, but outside of UK and Ireland normal Eurosport has great athletics coverage.

Apparently the Pre-Classic will be streamed online at the location below. This is a 2 day event starting later tonight Irish time. There is a women's 10,000m event and the men's Kenyan Olympic 10,000m trial tonight, but its a late start for us, about 3.30am!

http://www.runnerspace.com/eprofile.php?event_id=120

• Registered Users Posts: 974 ✭✭✭pc11

I take it that Bolt's obituary writers will give it a rest now?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,049 ✭✭✭Brianderunner

pc11 wrote: »
    I take it that Bolt's obituary writers will give it a rest now?

Call me crazy but i still fancy Blake for the 100m gold

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,431 ✭✭✭M cebee

what time is the mens 5000m on at?

• Registered Users Posts: 9,717 ✭✭✭YFlyer

M cebee wrote: »
    what time is the mens 5000m on at?

8:50 pm

• Advertisement

ya i got that thanks

On the BBC Red Button now.

Anyone else watching this on the Red Button? There's been about 3 or 4 "temporary faults" so far and the coverage is only on 10 mins :(

• Moderators, Regional Abroad Moderators Posts: 26,928 Mod ✭✭✭✭rainbow kirby

Anyone else watching this on the Red Button? There's been about 3 or 4 "temporary faults" so far and the coverage is only on 10 mins :(

Watching it on a Portuguese-language stream because UPC don't see fit to provide red button functionality. :mad:

great didn't know it was on red button
    There's a good mile after 5000
    Il have to skip some of the iom superbike highlights

• Closed Accounts Posts: 456 ✭✭Donelson

It's a bit mad, I think there a lose cable some where.
    I didn't know gatland was back, but he had a good win.

the 800m race times seem to have stood still for 30yrs
    I think when i looked recently 143 has only been bettered 70 times

Thankfully they fixed the coverage and it was grand after about 20 minutes.

The 5000m was good, another win for Farah. I wonder how well Bekele would have done had that faller not held him up a bit. The commentators seemed to think he did well.

Preclassic.com has the Friday night races available to view for free on the website.

• Advertisement

Very classy run from Felix, absolutely destroying <Snip> in the process. I think she'll do well to get all notions of the 400 out of her head and focus solely on the 200. If she does that then I don't see Jeter troubling her, and the only one who will stand in her way is VCB. Commentators mentioned she may do the 100/200 double. I think she'd be better forgetting about any double and throwing all her eggs in one basket, as it is a pretty good basket!

Liu Xiang is incredible. What a run. It's his to lose in London, but anything can happen in hurdles.

Never good seeing Merritt and Gatlin win races.

Advertisement