Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Athletics on TV

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,762 ✭✭✭✭ecoli

• Registered Users Posts: 9,717 ✭✭✭YFlyer

NCAA Track and Field Championships at 5 pm through LSHunter

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,199 ✭✭✭G-Money

I'm seeing a "Athletics delayed - technical problems with the host broadcaster" message when I go to the Red Button. :mad:

G-Money wrote: »
    I'm seeing a "Athletics delayed - technical problems with the host broadcaster" message when I go to the Red Button. :mad:

I reckon coverage wont start till 8 given they are running HS races at the moment. Put it down to time difference as the European ones have a 8 pm local time start could be trying to match that

• Registered Users Posts: 3,076 Mod ✭✭✭✭Dan man

Come on red button coverage.....work damn you!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 4,431 ✭✭✭M cebee

on now

• Registered Users Posts: 388 ✭✭scaryfairy

I don't get red button through UPC :(
    would anyone have a link to online coverage?

lagat should have no bother with the o40 sub 4minute mile

scaryfairy wrote: »
    I don't get red button through UPC :(
    would anyone have a link to online coverage?

http://www.lshunter.tv/other-live-streaming-video.html

Working through this list of streams as we speak to find one

magiso is awesome over 800

• Advertisement

Poor Harris in the long jump....that looked nasty.

M cebee wrote: »
    magiso is awesome over 800

The US girl Ajee Wilson also with a PB improving on the time that won her world youths last year

• Registered Users Posts: 54,599 ✭✭✭✭walshb

Dan man wrote: »
    Poor Harris in the long jump....that looked nasty.

What happened? Red button for me won't bring up this event.

walshb wrote: »
    What happened? Red button for me won't bring up this event.

Foot slipped on the plasticine and he lost control in flight and seemed to land down hard on his left knee. Looked nasty.

This 110mhurdles race is crazy....3 false starts already and athletes running under protest all over the place.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,845 ✭✭✭✭average_runner

anyone have.a.stream that works?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,492 ✭✭✭Woddle

Rudisha trashes the field in a 1:41 high :D

anyone have.a.stream that works?

Go to lshunter site and at LetOn click Link1. Don't know what language as I have no speakers

• Registered Users Posts: 16,114 ✭✭✭✭Pherekydes

They just showed Gay's race. Man, he smokin'.

Pherekydes wrote: »
    They just showed Gay's race. Man, he smokin'.

Talk with him previously stated that reason he didnt do the A race was to prevent him over reaching for the win so obviously this not him 100% as of yet. Looks very promising for a chance at pushing the 2 Jamaicans for the Gold hopefully

Blake wone the A race with 9.90 in a +.7 wind

Blake nip it at 9:90

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 456 ✭✭Donelson

Tyson gay, was 10.00 with -1.5m wind, and he had the track to himself at the end. he could have won the a race.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,492 ✭✭✭Woddle

Britton up now

Commercial :mad:

Woddle wrote: »
    Rudisha trashes the field in a 1:41 high :D

I want to run like that guy :) so feckin smooth,

Tough run for britton, 5th at the mo

Donelson wrote: »

6th in 15.33 Solid run from her didnt see the race but looking at the time and the k splits looks like she went for it and just suffered in the latter parts of the race

ecoli wrote: »
    Donelson wrote: »

6th in 15.33 Solid run from her didnt see the race but looking at the time and the k splits looks like she went for it and just suffered in the latter parts of the race

she was the only one to go with the pace maker and had a lead of about 100m at one point, ran a lot of the race on her own.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,029 ✭✭✭Pisco Sour

Rudisha is a machine!

I dont like this idea of Felix going for the 100/200 double. She hasnt a prayer of winning the 100 and it will just harm her hopes over the 200. She should just focus on the event she is best at and if she does I have no doubt she'll come away with gold this time round.

Jeter looking shakey at the moment. Another sub-par run from her. Maybe the gold isn't hung around her neck just yet, an idea which pleases me!

• Registered Users Posts: 436 ✭✭runjb

I would agree, the 100/200 double I don't think will best serve her. If she really wanted to double up I'd prefer her to go for the 200/400, but again it's very difficult.

Although a focus on the 200m I think is her best option. We saw last year Veronica Campbell Browne pulling out her SB in Daegu in the 200m final. Also rewind to Beijing where she ran her PB also in the final. She is a big time competitor, and will be a major threat this year again.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 6,029 ✭✭✭Pisco Sour

runjb wrote: »
    I would agree, the 100/200 double I don't think will best serve her. If she really wanted to double up I'd prefer her to go for the 200/400, but again it's very difficult.

Although a focus on the 200m I think is her best option. We saw last year Veronica Campbell Browne pulling out her SB in Daegu in the 200m final. Also rewind to Beijing where she ran her PB also in the final. She is a big time competitor, and will be a major threat this year again.

If she was to double I'd rather 100/200 over 400/200. The 400m comes first and we saw in Daegu how much that monumental effort in the 4 took out of her come the 2, when she was beaten by Jeter, somebody who she is so superior to over 200m.

The 400m takes so much more out of the body than the 100m. She has no chance of winning the 200 if she does the 400. How often do we see 200/400 doubles? Johnson. Perec. Not many. How many times do we see the 100/200 double. Every second bloody Olympics at least it seems!

She will damage her chances if she does the 100 IMO but not to the extent if she did the 400.

I'd rather her not double at all and just stick with the 200m.

Advertisement