Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Athletics on TV

Options

Comments

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 16,095 Mod ✭✭✭✭adrian522

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,414 ✭✭✭Testosterscone

adrian522 wrote: »
    On from 9:30pm I think. Cycling at the moment.

Eurosport 2 sorry been live since 7

Some great results (Ajee Wilson with the performance of the night with a US 800m record of 1.55 - still not enough to beat Semenya or Niyonsaba though)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 103 ✭✭highbury1913

Eurosport 2 sorry been live since 7

Some great results (Ajee Wilson with the performance of the night with a US 800m record of 1.55 - still not enough to beat Semenya or Niyonsaba though)

It was a good meet.

Van Niekerk getting pushed by Makwala. That sets up a good showdown in London.

Semenya was running well within herself and has been throughout this season.

Going by Lausanne and tonight, I'm more interested than anything else will Lasitskene break the world record.

• Registered Users Posts: 22 Terry049

Are the nationals tomorrow being streamed live? School championships have been recently.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,694 ✭✭✭Chivito550

It was a good meet.

Van Niekerk getting pushed by Makwala. That sets up a good showdown in London.

Semenya was running well within herself and has been throughout this season.

Going by Lausanne and tonight, I'm more interested than anything else will Lasitskene break the world record.

WVN was cruising. He shut off from 200 to 300. He looks like he's saving himself and doing the bare minimum.

Can't see the HJ record going. She hasn't been close on any of her attempts this season. The biggest nailed on cert for gold out of all the events though.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 286 ✭✭wgtomblin

A great meet. Monaco regularly sees fast times.
    Women's 800 and 3000 were standouts for me. Several PBs. Also Lasitskene 2.05m in the HJ. No one getting close to her this year. Jager looked impressive in the Steeple and will surely challenge Kenyans and Moroccans in the World's.

In 3000, what about McColgan's breakthrough performance? Finished just behind Muir and 30 secs ahead of Twell who had beaten her in UK Nat Trials.

• Registered Users Posts: 54,596 ✭✭✭✭walshb

12.30 Eurosport an hour's coverage of the Morton Games for anyone catching up.

BBC1 Saturday at 1.15...

Looks to be very interesting..

• Registered Users Posts: 333 ✭✭Down South

Followed at 4:30 on BBC2 by a doc on young athletics stars with Jessica Ennis Hill

• Registered Users Posts: 1,356 ✭✭✭jaggiebunnet

are RTE not showing the world athletics starting next week?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 15,704 ✭✭✭✭RayCun

no, they don't have the broadcast rights

David Gillick is going to be reporting from there daily for RTE Player

• Registered Users Posts: 1,356 ✭✭✭jaggiebunnet

RayCun wrote: »
    no, they don't have the broadcast rights

David Gillick is going to be reporting from there daily for RTE Player

That's terrible. BBC it is I guess.

RTE haven't shown the World Athletics Championships since 2007.

Another BBC gem.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 16,095 Mod ✭✭✭✭adrian522

walshb wrote: »
    Another BBC gem.

That was an excellent documentary, well worth a watch.

Not quite the best sports documentary of all time that the Guardian rates it as.

https://www.theguardian.com/tv-and-radio/2017/jul/31/i-am-bolt-bbc-usain-the-greatest-sports-documentary-ever-made

• Registered Users Posts: 2,674 ✭✭✭4Ad

On the couch looking at BBC, hope to spend most of the weekend here !!
    Usain running in a while followed by my hero Laura Muir..

adrian522 wrote: »
    That was an excellent documentary, well worth a watch.

Not quite the best sports documentary of all time that the Guardian rates it as.

https://www.theguardian.com/tv-and-radio/2017/jul/31/i-am-bolt-bbc-usain-the-greatest-sports-documentary-ever-made

And what happened me? I sat down Tuesday evening thinking it was Monday and I missed it. If you come across a repeat let me know..

Freaked!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,674 ✭✭✭4Ad

On tmr 2pm bbc 1..

4Ad wrote: »
    On tmr 2pm bbc 1..

Cheers, mate. Delighted..

• Registered Users Posts: 16,114 ✭✭✭✭Pherekydes

Idiocy on the beeb right now: run vs walk.

Walker Bosworth walking 1000m and Adam Clarke running 1400m.

You couldn't make it up.

• Advertisement

Walker wins, clearly lifting. :D

Pherekydes wrote: »
    Idiocy on the beeb right now: run vs walk.

Walker Bosworth walking 1000m and Adam Clarke running 1400m.

You couldn't make it up.

Ah bit of craic is all. Handicap racing can be great to watch. Not sure the run v walk will catch on though.

• Moderators, Regional Abroad Moderators Posts: 26,928 Mod ✭✭✭✭rainbow kirby

Just a bit of craic really!

We were in Birmingham today of course - really enjoyed it even in spite of the serious Mo-fap.

Zurich on Eurosport from 7 PM

• Registered Users Posts: 507 ✭✭✭runnerholic

Is the Berlin Marathon on TV on any channel this Sunday 24/09/17 ?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,414 ✭✭✭Testosterscone

Is the Berlin Marathon on TV on any channel this Sunday 24/09/17 ?

http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showpost.php?p=104742886&postcount=18

• Registered Users Posts: 286 ✭✭wgtomblin

Cardiff half marathon live on BBC red button now. Plenty of camera time for the Irish runners - acting as windbreak for leading woman.
    Scenery on the course looks pretty grim.

Also, BBC2 showing live Great Scottish Run at 11.00.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 369 ✭✭v6e5qzawyrc3jn

This post has been deleted.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,137 ✭✭✭El Caballo

Live stream of the Chicago Marathon here, starts at 2 o'clock.

www.nbcchicago.com/news/local/watch-bank-of-america-chicago-marathon-live-443791893.html

Field includes Marathon World Record Holder Dennis Kimetto who is running his first marathon in nearly 2 years. 2:03 man Stanley Biwott, 2 time World Marathon Champion and 2012 Olympic Marathon Silver medalist Abel Kirui, 2016 Olympic Marathon Silver Medalist and one time Dublin Marathon winner Feyisa Lilesa, 2016 Olympic Marathon Bronze Medalist Galen Rupp and Half Marathon World Record Holder Zernesay Tadese.

Women's Field includes 3 time Olmpic Champion, 5 times World Champion on the track along with 4 World Cross Country titles and the the third fastest woman in history over the marathon with a 2:17:59 PB, Tirunesh Dibaba. 2:19 Woman Florence Kiplagat and Former American Teen Phenom with a 2:23:00 PB in her debut, Jordan Hasay.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,137 ✭✭✭El Caballo

El Caballo wrote: »
    Live stream of the Chicago Marathon here, starts at 2 o'clock.

www.nbcchicago.com/news/local/watch-bank-of-america-chicago-marathon-live-443791893.html

Field includes Marathon World Record Holder Dennis Kimetto who is running his first marathon in nearly 2 years. 2:03 man Stanley Biwott, 2 time World Marathon Champion and 2012 Olympic Marathon Silver medalist Abel Kirui, 2016 Olympic Marathon Silver Medalist and one time Dublin Marathon winner Feyisa Lilesa, 2016 Olympic Marathon Bronze Medalist Galen Rupp and Half Marathon World Record Holder Zernesay Tadese.

Women's Field includes 3 time Olmpic Champion, 5 times World Champion on the track along with 4 World Cross Country titles and the the third fastest woman in history over the marathon with a 2:17:59 PB, Tirunesh Dibaba. 2:19 Woman Florence Kiplagat and Former American Teen Phenom with a 2:23:00 PB in her debut, Jordan Hasay.

My bad, Race start is at 1:30. Elites lining up now.

Advertisement