Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Peckham's sub-3 odyssey - Round 3: Berlin

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,504 ✭✭✭Peckham

Thanks. To be honest I'm pretty sure it will clear pretty quickly. Still plenty of sleep ahead before the marathon.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,983 ✭✭✭TheRoadRunner

I've been soaked to the bone myself before when getting into a car with no clean clothes. After a run. I usually strip everything off (bar shorts) turn up the heat and fly home. Get some mad looks passing people on dual carriageways at night with no top on but helps keep me warm. I had to go through a Garda checkpoint for tax/insurance once and the guy didn't even blink.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,504 ✭✭✭Peckham

Feeling slightly worse than yesterday which is worrying. Have taken the day off work, so hopefully that will speed up the recovery.

Still not too worried. Chest isn't affected, which is key I think. Although legs don't feel up to 26 miles at the moment!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,054 ✭✭✭theboyblunder

Peckham wrote: »
    Feeling slightly worse than yesterday which is worrying. Have taken the day off work, so hopefully that will speed up the recovery.

Still not too worried. Chest isn't affected, which is key I think. Although legs don't feel up to 26 miles at the moment!

Hi Peckham

Sorry to hear you are sick. I had a headcold which developed the day before the DCM last year and it was ok, dont think it affected my performance at all - you have a good few days left to get rid of it and it will force you to rest.

Very best of luck!

• Registered Users Posts: 6,724 ✭✭✭kennyb3

Good to see you took the day off work, thats the best thing you can do. echinaforce in some orange juice, plenty of sleep and you should make a speedy recovery.

Best of luck for sunday.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,598 ✭✭✭aero2k

Best of luck!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,598 ✭✭✭shels4ever

Best of luck , A few easy days and you will be flying again.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 20,364 Mod ✭✭✭✭RacoonQueen

Best of luck Peckham. That sub 3 is already in the bag. Look forward to the report.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,852 ✭✭✭pgmcpq

The plus side of a small head cold is it enforces taper. Vitamin C, rest and you and fight it off. Sounds like you're in serious sub-3 shape. Best of luck Sunday.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,915 ✭✭✭✭menoscemo

best of Luck Peckham.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,418 ✭✭✭Aimman

Best of luck. Have a Bratwurst and Weissbier on me and enjoy the post race celebrations. Might get back there next year ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,900 ✭✭✭Seres

best of luck with the sub 3 , hope that cold is clearing up , dont let it affect your confidence goin into the race if it doesnt clear up fully though , you dont want to feel beatin at the start line when you know you have it in the legs :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,378 ✭✭✭asimonov

best of luck peckham......just nail it. :)

• Registered Users Posts: 810 ✭✭✭liamo123

Best of luck Sunday Peckham..Hope ur cold clears up and hopefully c u and the crew for beer after race..

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,983 ✭✭✭TheRoadRunner

Good luck. Don't worry about the head cold there is feck all you can do about it and it should shift before the big day.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,659 ✭✭✭tisnotover

All the best Peckham, sorry to hear about the head-cold, its outside ure control, hope it recovers for ya and you get reward for the training.

tno

• Registered Users Posts: 1,793 ✭✭✭Macanri

+1 to all the above, Hope the cold clears up quickly for you. And all the best for Berlin.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,209 ✭✭✭Sosa

Dont get to worried about the head cold...positive thoughts...it will clear up before race day,you wait and see.

I really hope you get sub 3,i have told your 3:00:00 story to many people,i hope can tell them you finally got there.

Best of Luck

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,905 ✭✭✭misty floyd

You will get there Peckham. I hope you have full confidence in yourself, you've done tons of solid work. Have a blast!

• Registered Users Posts: 8,080 ✭✭✭BeepBeep67

Best of luck Peckham - I think that cold is all in your head ;)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,545 ✭✭✭tunguska

Best of luck tomorrow Peckham. For some inspiration have a look at this:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FmzljrUrwKE

And then this..........

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sC8A9TNRf5A&feature=related

• Registered Users Posts: 3,209 ✭✭✭Sosa

2:58:59 chip time...well done peckham,you had to wait alongtime since Dub 08 to finally get there,it must taste sweet.
    Enjoy the rest now.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,441 ✭✭✭Slogger Jogger

Well done Peckham. Great running. Well deserved.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,137 ✭✭✭seanynova

well done peckam!
    this morning i was awaiting for your last split to appear here, delighted you ran a strong race....negative split and sub2:59 to boot!

you have given me a bit of hope now also because i have just missed the last week of training with injury and having looking back over your log, you took a weeks holiday at the same time,(weeks out from race that is)..so if i get back running mid next week ill still believe i have a chance....

best of luck with the recovery and hope you sail past the next challenge you set yourself...

• Registered Users Posts: 2,418 ✭✭✭Aimman

Well Done Peckham.

Seen the end of the race on TV, weather looked dire with the rain. You managed well to get the Sub 3:00 in the rain.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,905 ✭✭✭misty floyd

Berlin 2010....you nailed it. I'm really pleased for ya Peckham. That must feel so sweet. Congratulations.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,659 ✭✭✭tisnotover

Sosa wrote: »
    2:58:59 chip time...well done peckham,you had to wait alongtime since Dub 08 to finally get there,it must taste sweet.
    Enjoy the rest now.

+1, delighted for ya ! Some savage performances in Berlin today, rest well and looking forward to your report :-)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,054 ✭✭✭theboyblunder

delighted for you peckham. well deserved!

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 20,364 Mod ✭✭✭✭RacoonQueen

Well done dude :D My poor command and R keys were getting a pounding from about 5 minutes after you passed 40k to when you finished. Thrilled for you, it was getting very tense in these parts when they hadn't announced you as 'finished' by 11:03. You had my poor nerves in tatters.

Was never in doubt anyway.

Well done, enjoy the celebrations, you deserve them!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,900 ✭✭✭Seres

great result peckham , bet your savouring it well ?!, glad the headcold or the weather didnt stop your sub three attempt , look forward to the report

Advertisement