Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Price of fuel in Co.Wexford..Where's the cheapest/dearest fuel?

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 28,403 ✭✭✭✭vicwatson

paulaa wrote: »
    Point taken vicwatson. There have been lots of little detours since you last made a contribution to this thread on June 12th. It happens naturally on all threads/discussions and is still relevant to the price of fuel in Wexford imo :)

Chillax !

bmaxi wrote: »
    I have family home from Germany at the moment and they can't get over the price of fuel in Ireland now. Last time they were home (Oct 2011) German prices were 8/10c more expensive, now petrol, even with the recent reductions is much the same and diesel prices in Germany are actually3/4c cheaper. Are the Germans buying cheaper oil? somehow I doubt it. Price of petrol in Courtown today is 171.9 :eek:

Courtown 172

Applegreen Wexford 155.8:eek:

Something wrong somewhere

• Registered Users Posts: 1,184 ✭✭✭paulaa

Paulaa don't know where you got that info from .- but its incorrect.

Anyways , looks like we have a new brand name in town tonight - Gala Waterford Road New Ross is now Campus .-

159.9 unleaded
    149.9 diesel

That's a busy station !!!

Perhaps things have changed now but Maxol, formerly McMullin Bros/Mex was originally started in 1914. The were the only wholly Irish owned and were a 32 country company. There are loads of Irish owned distributors, Maxol were/are importers.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,893 ✭✭✭allthedoyles

paulaa wrote: »
    That's a busy station !!!

Perhaps things have changed now but Maxol, formerly McMullin Bros/Mex was originally started in 1914. The were the only wholly Irish owned and were a 32 country company. There are loads of Irish owned distributors, Maxol were/are importers.
    Campus Oil is the leading independent supplier in the oil industry in Ireland of petroleum products since 1978. It was the first Irish owned oil company to achieve both the ISO 9002 and Q-Mark which guarantees the highest standards of Quality & Excellence and superior assurance in production, installation and servicing of fuel oil

Things have certainly changed since 1914

http://www.campusoil.ie/about.html

Things have changed since 1978 too lol.
    You could be right about the oil companies, I don't keep in the loop anymore. Since I left the business I'm only concerned with what I put in my own tank and how much it costs me :)

• Advertisement

I had a quick run around Enniscorthy today while I was waiting for someone.

Prices as of this afternoon are :
    Kavanagh's Island Rd. Petrol 158.9 Diesel 156.9
    Esso Island Rd. Petrol 159.9 Diesel 150.9
    Gahan's Dromgoold Petrol 159.9 Diesel 153.9
    Topaz Hempfield Petrol 158.9 Diesel 149.9
    Maxol Bellefield Petrol 161.9 Diesel 150.9

Tomnalosset is the only one I didn't get to.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,017 ✭✭✭jpb1974

Prices as of this afternoon are :
    Esso Island Rd. Petrol 159.9 Diesel 150.9
    Gahan's Dromgoold Petrol 159.9 Diesel 153.9
    Topaz Hempfield Petrol 158.9 Diesel 149.9
    Maxol Bellefield Petrol 161.9 Diesel 150.9

Kavanagh's cheaper than all but one... a miracle, a miracle I say.

A more likely story is that they're all gone on holiday, nobody has bother to change the signs and very few people care because close to nobody goes there.

• Registered Users Posts: 33,709 ✭✭✭✭Cantona's Collars

Some interesting reading here as to the real reason why fuel is so expensive these days http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-2175745/Drivers-victims-speculators-traders-force-price-petrol.html

On topic,unleaded is 158.9 in Donohoes,Hempfield.
    161.9 @ Mace,Bellfield.

Is this TOP?

If so unleaded is now 159.9

vicwatson wrote: »
    Is this TOP?

If so unleaded is now 159.9

No it's further down at the bottom of Bohreen Hill,I see Donohoes has gone to 159.9 today also.

• Advertisement

Different county I know , but in Tramore today 154.8 unleaded .......cars queueing to fill

Wallaces Wellingtonbridge this evening - 158.9 unleaded

157.9 for petrol in Texaco & Applegreen in Bunclody.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,859 ✭✭✭bmaxi

176 in Courtown today.

176 in Courtown today.

:eek::eek:

zerks wrote: »
    :eek::eek:

:eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek:

Robbing.....f..........................ers. I'd rather walk:pac:

Once again the retailers are been slated for high fuel costs .- there are others to note as well , like the Government and wholesalers .

So brilliant Tesco will give you 5c off if you spend €50 and 10c off ,if you spend €100 .
    Do you think think is a good deal for the consumer, or Tesco ?

Who's laughing all the way to the bank !

Maxol in Enniscorthy have stuck another cent on the price of petrol today, 162.9 a litre now.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,401 ✭✭✭eagerv

Unfortunately the Euro is weakening against the dollar and other currencies.

Everything, including fuels, will get more expensive.

Once again the retailers are been slated for high fuel costs .- there are others to note as well , like the Government and wholesalers .

So brilliant Tesco will give you 5c off if you spend €50 and 10c off ,if you spend €100 .
    Do you think think is a good deal for the consumer, or Tesco ?

Who's laughing all the way to the bank !

We would spend €100 in Tesco whether or which, my tank hold 60 litres which is about €100 worth, so I save €10. Tesco petrol is the same price as Applegreen where I go, so I reckon that makes me €10 better off.

• Advertisement

eagerv wrote: »
    Unfortunately the Euro is weakening against the dollar and other currencies.

Everything, including fuels, will get more expensive.

The problem here is that certain retailers are jumping the gun & increasing costs already,it's just greed with some of them.

148.9 for diesel in Wexford Fuels on the Old Dublin Road beside Kilcannon Garden Centre.

We would spend €100 in Tesco whether or which, my tank hold 60 litres which is about €100 worth, so I save €10. Tesco petrol is the same price as Applegreen where I go, so I reckon that makes me €10 better off.

I think your situation is more the exception rather than the rule .

Any family spending less than 50% of their weekly shopping in an outlet other than Aldi / Lidl are only fooling themselves in present climate .

Tesco will have a checklist of their most purchased items and will no doubt re-coup the 10c p/litre ( your clubcard tells them )

We actually gave up buying Tesco petrol for reasons other than the price .

Any family spending less than 50% of their weekly shopping in an outlet other than Aldi / Lidl are only fooling themselves in present climate .

Tesco will have a checklist of their most purchased items and will no doubt re-coup the 10c p/litre ( your clubcard tells them )

We actually gave up buying Tesco petrol for reasons other than the price .

We would also shop in Lidl/Aldi, in fact my wife would sometimes visit five supermarkets on a shopping trip. You seem to have issues with Tesco, that's your business but the way I see it I would have spent the 100 euro in Tesco anyway and if they're happy to give me 10c a litre off petrol for doing what I would have done anyway, I'm happy to take it.
    The loyalty card is not exclusive to Tesco, so you could make the same point about other retailers or e-bay or Amazon for that matter.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,251 ✭✭✭Squiggle

It isn't. Tesco have 28.7% market share of the grocery trade ( the biggest) and growing, Aldi and Lidl combined have 12.2% and growing, especially Aldi. I would say you will have plenty of people making use of this petrol offer from Tesco .

The price of fuel has gone up by 4c a litre in most stations in Enniscorthy.

163.9 @ Top, Island Road

162.9 @ Old Dublin Road

Still 159.9 @ Donohoes,Hempfield- get it there before the price rise

• Registered Users Posts: 1,071 ✭✭✭Conas

Everyone involved in the motor trade in this country are thieves, and are the wealthiest people in the country too. Mechanics, garages, dealers, petrol stations, and the tyre guys. The whole lot of them are thieving scum. Everything is priced excessively, and then the goverment jump on the bandwagon and tax everything excessively too. It's no wonder oil is the new gold. The profit they make is staggering.

I'm sick and tired of all this carry on. The roads are s*it, and yet look at the cost to tax a car? The money isn't been pumped into the roads. Motorways were built fair enough, but I think the goverment got all that money from Europe. Motorist's are being taken to the cleaners.

Then more thieving with this pile of crap called the NCT at a cost of €55 euro. In my opinion the NCT should be covered when you tax the car, I mean it's disgracful what has to be done to keep a car on the road.

Petrol in Boggans & Wexford Service Station was 158.9 yesterday,yet it averages 163.9 in ripoff ville,Enniscorthy.

161.9 Tesco Wexford

• Registered Users Posts: 29 trevr

zerks wrote: »
    Petrol in Boggans & Wexford Service Station was 158.9 yesterday,yet it averages 163.9 in ripoff ville,Enniscorthy.

159.9 on the Island Rd today so I think average of 163.9 might be a bit of an exaggeration. Diesel coming down nearly a cent and unleaded nearly 2c over the weekend, might get passed on by the forecourts early next week....hopefully !

• Advertisement

160.9 unleadedCampus Waterford Rd New Ross
    161.9 unleaded Tesco New Ross

Advertisement