Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Urgent - Do you know a motorbike driver who wears horns on his helmet????

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 11,465 ✭✭✭✭cantdecide

...All we have managed to do on this thread is to demonstrate that we are a bunch or arseholes who are every bit as bad as the life-threatening drivers, and feel justified taking the law into our own hands...

I won't post a won't-some-please-think-of-the-children reply but in fairness, it's hard to not take it personally when it's your mother would be without her child because of the devil may care attitude of another.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,983 ✭✭✭✭Cuddlesworth

a) Smash their wing mirror, cluck loudly, shake your fist, and drive off with the red mist descending (don't go to the Gardai, because you have now committed a crime and don't want to self-incriminate).b) Go to the Gardai, and hope they will act in the public's best interests and send someone around to talk to the individual in question.

I'm actually going to have to go with "a". What "b" will achieve is your time wasted, the gardai's time wasted. And nothing done in the end.

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 4,322 Mod ✭✭✭✭TherapyBoy

I can't believe some of the posts I'm reading.
    I understand that this is the motorcycle forum & that motorcyclists have to contend with all sorts of morons on the road but to try to condone a road user turning around, following someone and kicking their mirror off is madness.
    This kind of motorist is giving all motorcyclists a bad rep, why are so many of you defending him? If he's capable of something like this where does he draw the line?

• Registered Users Posts: 759 ✭✭✭T-Square

I'm actually going to have to go with "a". What "b" will achieve is your time wasted, the gardai's time wasted. And nothing done in the end.

Not only that, but as there are no witnesses, it will be a completely pointless his-word vs. your-word.

Deal with the problem there and then.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,079 ✭✭✭chasm

I understand that this is the motorcycle forum & that motorcyclists have to contend with all sorts of morons on the road but to try to condone a road user turning around, following someone and kicking their mirror off is madness.
    This kind of motorist is giving all motorcyclists a bad rep, why are so many of you defending him? If he's capable of something like this where does he draw the line?

Have to say i agree with you Bizarre-Ink. I am surprised that so many posters automatically assume the biker was in the right. Ok, everytime we take to the roads we are at the mercy of an awful lot of idiots, but i for one would never condone roadrage.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 73 ✭✭BrokenSpiral

Actually T-Square, that's where you are wrong.

The biker passed a couple of CCTV cameras twice, once in each direction which proves that he passed me, stopped, turned around, followed me down the road and did damage to my car, and then turned off the main road and returned back in the general direction he was originally travelling.

So when he gets to court the judge will ask a simple question, why did you do that?
    And there is absolutely possible reason for him to have done that other than exactly as I have described! remember that my car is on all the CCTV footage also!

Very few people have condoned his actions. But myself and others have expressed a disbelief as to the actual event. It doesn't make sense. And if I ever see a driver do some of the things I have seen over the last year I would gladly turn the other cheek if something similar happened to their car.

I am disillusioned with the system, with other drivers and with any sense of justice or merit to the slip of paper which says you can drive. I have not talked to a single person in the last few years who believe the gardai serve any purpose any more besides revenue generation and stopping complete systematic anarchy.

The guy who ran me over in the middle of a street in rush hour. Twice. And beat me with a tire Iron. You know what he got for it from the system? 2 weeks community service. You know what he got for it from me? Fired after I told his boss why he was really taking the day off and what exactly he was being charged for. (FYI don't leave the header paper of your company in full view of the guy you ran over.) So what was the worse punishment there? Leaving it to the cops or doing something myself?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,670 ✭✭✭✭Wolfe Tone

Yes, lets all become vigilantes. The OP should hunt this guy down and make him pay.

• Registered Users Posts: 19,506 ✭✭✭✭Krusty_Clown

Fired after I told his boss why he was really taking the day off and what exactly he was being charged for. (FYI don't leave the header paper of your company in full view of the guy you ran over.) So what was the worse punishment there? Leaving it to the cops or doing something myself?
    Delighted to see that you acted within the law, which resulted in the right outcome. You should be applauded. If we could all copy your example, the world would be a better pace for motorcyclists and car drivers alike. Let this be an example to everyone of what you can achieve, but not being a hot-headed, revenge-motivated idiot. I salute you. Absolutely no sarcasm intended, I'm being genuine.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,701 ✭✭✭Sids Not

To the op...can you tell us from the cctv what type of bike it was......just curious,,:confused:

Think i saw him today dragging a puppy along behind the bike.......noticed a few yards up the road a little pile of poo.......

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 6,201 ✭✭✭KamiKazi

Delighted to see that you acted within the law, which resulted in the right outcome. You should be applauded. If we could all copy your example, the world would be a better pace for motorcyclists and car drivers alike. Let this be an example to everyone of what you can achieve, but not being a hot-headed, revenge-motivated idiot. I salute you. Absolutely no sarcasm intended, I'm being genuine.

You think two weeks of community service is the correct outcome for two counts of attempted murder and a count of GBH?

Really???

Hi SidsNot,

I haven't seen the footage and I imagine I won't be allowed to see it either! That Gardai look after all of that themselves. When it gets to court I would expect them to use my statement as a basis to match it to the CCTV footage! Not a barrister myself but that is what I would expect to happen!

I gave a pretty good description of the bike to the Gardai but I don't really know dfferent bikes all that well! When I eventually get the money together to buy my first bike (an SV650 all going well) and I start getting into the scene a bit more then I'll probably learn more!

Cuddlesworth - your experience sounds nothing short of horrifying and fair play to you for going to the guys work and telling them what he did! I'm stunned that someone who attacked you with a tyre iron would get 2 weeks community service! That guy should have got a lifetime ban and a good stretch in prison for that! I've got pretty strong views on bad drivers! :-)

Describe the bike to us, should be able to tell you what it is.

• Registered Users Posts: 19,506 ✭✭✭✭Krusty_Clown

KamiKazi wrote: »
    You think two weeks of community service is the correct outcome for two counts of attempted murder and a count of GBH?

Really???
    Nope, but well done on reading exactly what you wanted to read, and ignoring the entire point of Cuddlesworth's post, where he explained that he followed up with the offender's company/boss and had him fired. In order to have informed debate, you should first be informed.

Hypothetical situation: You hit the road on your motorcycle, and approach a T-junction. You turn left, failing to observe a cyclist coming towards you at speed (he has the right of way). He narrowly avoids running into you, potentially causing himself bodily harm, but you would largely have escaped any injury, as you are wearing protective gear. You drive on. He follows you, until you arrive at your destination and park your bike up. He gets off his bike, walks over to your motorcycle and gives it a good kick, knocking it off of it's stand to the ground, smashing your wing-mirror. Are you happy now?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,222 ✭✭✭goodlad

I think yer all mad getting involved in a massive discussion about this.

Just look at the amount of possible options here that could be the truth.
    It could be total fiction.
    Maybe the biker was locked.
    Maybe the poster was locked and on a jellybean sugar buzz when they post this for a laugh.

Seriously though, im not implying any of those is the case. Im just saying that discussion is pointless. Without a response from the accused biker everything is assumption or just blind faith that the OP is 100% honest.

Again, im not saying the OP is a liar, im just throwing possibilities out there.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,884 ✭✭✭pa990

MUSSOLINI wrote: »
    Yes, lets all become vigilantes. The OP should hunt this guy down and make him pay.

i'm all up for this

goodlad wrote: »
    I think yer all mad getting involved in a massive discussion about this.

Just look at the amount of possible options here that could be the truth.
    It could be total fiction.
    Maybe the biker was locked.
    Maybe the poster was locked and on a jellybean sugar buzz when they post this for a laugh.

Seriously though, im not implying any of those is the case. Im just saying that discussion is pointless. Without a response from the accused biker everything is assumption or just blind faith that the OP is 100% honest.

Again, im not saying the OP is a liar, im just throwing possibilities out there.

Or ..the biker

A.. later crashed and is in hospital (after trying to kick the mirror off a Roadstone truck)
    B.. doesnt have a computer
    C.. cant read/type
    D.. cant be arsed replying
    E.. is guilty of everything thats been said so far...:eek:

On a serious note though...does anyone know how to remove two superglued on items from a helmet..urgently please...

• Registered Users Posts: 12,761 ✭✭✭✭galwaytt

Sids Not wrote: »
    On a serious note though...does anyone know how to remove two superglued on items from a helmet..urgently please...

oh, sure......take spin out, find the 46a, drive real close, real fast, sittin' nice and straight....... Mirror should sort that the l.h. one for ya :p

Oh, the other one ? Overtake, u-turn, and charge at it......on wrong side of the road........:D

Ode To The Motorist

“And my existence, while grotesque and incomprehensible to you, generates funds to the exchequer. You don't want to acknowledge that as truth because, deep down in places you don't talk about at the Green Party, you want me on that road, you need me on that road. We use words like freedom, enjoyment, sport and community. We use these words as the backbone of a life spent instilling those values in our families and loved ones. You use them as a punch line. I have neither the time nor the inclination to explain myself to a man who rises and sleeps under the tax revenue and the very freedom to spend it that I provide, and then questions the manner in which I provide it. I would rather you just said "thank you" and went on your way. Otherwise I suggest you pick up a bus pass and get the ********* ********* off the road” 

Ok ..so i just had an email from a Garda mate who managed to get a look at the CCTV...He took a photo on his phone of the guy just as he passed the op's car..
    Now i dont want to get into any legal stuff here for the sake of my mates job, but i feel people should be aware of this guy, who looks like a bit of a nutter imo...
    Sorry op if this sounds a bit out of order but it was a serious assalt as you'll agree..

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,707 ✭✭✭✭Tigger

I'm q biker and a car driver. If I say a biker coming up behing me try to get my mirror after an incident I would pull over and let him go by.but Ud gave to use my mirrors to do that. If he tried twice I would take out mh phone video him Ttacking me then defend myself with extreeme predujice.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 26 The Devil.

WASN'T ME LADS.

Very few people have condoned his actions. But myself and others have expressed a disbelief as to the actual event. It doesn't make sense.
    The guy who ran me over in the middle of a street in rush hour. Twice. And beat me with a tire Iron.

So this guy ran you over, in the middle of rush hour traffic, TWICE!! and then beat you with a tire iron??

It doesn't make sense....

• Registered Users Posts: 869 ✭✭✭honeybadger

Hi Everyone,

Trying to get in track down a guy on a motorbike with little information but someone might be able to help!

The bike was a big dark gray sportsbike (Reg was a 00D I think and possibly starting with an 8) and the driver was wearing black, which doesnt help much, but the driver had DEVIL HORNS stuck onto his helmet which might help to narrow it down.

He was travelling along the coast road in Sandymount heading towards Town / the east link.
    deadliestcatchgreenhorn.jpg
    Any information on identifying this driver would be greatly appreciated!

are ya sure they were horns on his helmet op,,sure they mite av bn sliders on the side of his big head like lol angry tarmac munchin bastids whos the law me or your big dog :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,463 ✭✭✭KTRIC

I've just bought a box of 2000 stick on devil horns and I'm passing them out at Skerries this weekend. :D

KTRIC wrote: »
    I've just bought a box of 2000 stick on devil horns and I'm passing them out at Skerries this weekend. :D

Bagsy a set of pink ones!

So this guy ran you over, in the middle of rush hour traffic, TWICE!! and then beat you with a tire iron??

It doesn't make sense....

He ran me over, I limped down the steet after, he turned the car around and ran over me again. Then got out and beat me with the tire Iron. In full view of about fifty people with his two friends.

My theory is that the biker was bumbling along, came to left hander. Assumed the correct position at the white line. OP flies around the corner (for arguments' sake he's going slightly too quick. OP takes umbrage at the biker not cowering in the ditch. Let's say the biker adjusted his position but it didn't stop the OP flashing and jeering. The rest we know.

I don't see why any biker would wish to play with the cars on the other side of the road, like.

LOL @ KTRIC

cantdecide - I have never seen someone so desperate to try and find a way to justify something that was so clearly wrong. Man, you need a dose of reality and quick!
    For instance, I was not going around a corner, so your wonderful theory is a load of manure! And for the record the correct position in relation to a solid white line (yes folks that stretch of Sandymount Strand has a solid white line) is on the LEFT of the line not on the side of oncomig traffic!

As I have already mentioned I am VERY bike aware on the road!
    And I am looking forward to buying my first bike soon!
    This isn't a cars vs bikes debate, it's a hotheaded idiot who is as much a danger to every biker as he is to every car driver! What happens if he collides with you or your family next time? Give it some thought!

He ran me over, I limped down the steet after, he turned the car around and ran over me again. Then got out and beat me with the tire Iron. In full view of about fifty people with his two friends.

I believe you. I was just trying to make a point.

• Advertisement

Bud, I couldn't care less about your crusade. You probably got your mirror knocked off because of an over reaction and here you are over reacting. Get over it already.

Were you alone in the car? How exactly did he break your mirror? Actually I'm not bothered. Let me know how you get on in court?

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement