Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Hero 2.1 update available now!

Options
13»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 134 ✭✭R28

Has anyone who has had a rooted hero with a custom ROM installed tried out the official 2.1 ROM?

Is there a significant difference between any custom ROM they've used and the official 2.1 update?

• Registered Users Posts: 8,326 ✭✭✭Zapp Brannigan

Argh when my alarm goes off in the morning my volume rocker doesn't make it snooze anymore!

I've checked in the settings and I have it set to snooze with the side button but no joy :(

• Registered Users Posts: 267 ✭✭redenemyjoe

I first moved it to July with no joy but after changing to November it worked perfectly.

I had to to install two updates. It took quite a bit of time and got stuck at 40 and then maybe 70-80% but I let it run and hey presto, it's all good.

I'm really liking 2.1, haven't come across any problems thus far. The update gmail is lovely.

• Registered Users Posts: 341 ✭✭Damie

R28 wrote: »
    Has anyone who has had a rooted hero with a custom ROM installed tried out the official 2.1 ROM?

Is there a significant difference between any custom ROM they've used and the official 2.1 update?

Ive the same question, Im on VillianROM 10, is there any advantage for me to try the 2.1 update?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,182 ✭✭✭dionsiseire

there are no advantages to changing only that your on an official ROM

everything looks and feels the same, it IS the same thing effectively

If you go to Official, you LOSE ROOT ACCESS

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 341 ✭✭Damie

there are no advantages to changing only that your on an official ROM

everything looks and feels the same, it IS the same thing effectively

If you go to Official, you LOSE ROOT ACCESS
    Thanks for the heads up....dont want to come across as a total newbie but whats the advantage of having Root access?

• Registered Users Posts: 567 ✭✭✭phil

Two problems:

My clock reset to 1980
    Market has stopped working

When I enter the "market", it opens for a second and then just exits outs. Has anyone else experienced this problem?

I've tried resetting the Market cached data through manage applications to no avail. I've rebooted the phone just in case something funny happened on first boot after the upgrade.

Firmware version: 2.1-update1
    Kernel Version: 2.6.9-063c4d24
    Software number: 3.32.405.1

UPDATE: and it seems it suddenly started working again, ah well.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,966 ✭✭✭✭Kintarō Hattori

Got it there last night and........... very nice. It's almost like having a whole new phone. Things seem faster and smoother. I haven't had a chance to look at it in depth but will do so eventually. Two things that I did notice however and which I don't like are:

It now shows Album Art in the photo browser which is a pain in the ass
    It's listing my Google contacts with my phone contacts which is annoying

Overall though a welcome update.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,713 ✭✭✭Bluefoam

It now shows Album Art in the photo browser which is a pain in the ass It always did on 1.5 (for me anyway)
    It's listing my Google contacts with my phone contacts which is annoying Go to settings and switch off the contacts group you don't want to see...

Advertisement