Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Samsung Galaxy S

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,653 ✭✭✭Ghandee

lewis wrote: »
    What ^^he^^ said, lol.

Make a back up when you`ve everything all set up, fast ain`t it!

Unbelievable how fast and smooth it is!
    I've n been living in the dark man!

Now, how do I get battery percentage shown lol?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,401 ✭✭✭lewis

Ghandee wrote: »
    Unbelievable how fast and smooth it is!
    I've n been living in the dark man!

Now, how do I get battery percentage shown lol?

Settings/Insanity settings/Interface/Status bar tweaks.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,653 ✭✭✭Ghandee

Fúckin genius you are!
    This is most definitely a keeper! Should of heeded you guys earlier!

Ghandee wrote: »
    Fúckin genius you are!
    This is most definitely a keeper! Should of heeded you guys earlier!

Don`t forget all the themes you can add to it, even more status bar looks...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,065 ✭✭✭crazygeryy

guys if anyone can help id really appreciate it.i cannot send or receive picture messages.its driving me nuts.if any of you are with meteor and its works for you(and you have a galaxy s phone) drop me a line please.

i rang meteor a few weeks ago for the settings,they worked for a while and then just stopped working altogether.

cheers

• Advertisement

crazygeryy wrote: »
    guys if anyone can help id really appreciate it.i cannot send or receive picture messages.its driving me nuts.if any of you are with meteor and its works for you(and you have a galaxy s phone) drop me a line please.

i rang meteor a few weeks ago for the settings,they worked for a while and then just stopped working altogether.

cheers

Ah the amount of hours I`ve spent trying to get MMS working, I swear I`ve aged while trying to get it working, it`s like it had a mind of it`s own, so I just gave up, I just print out the picture and show it to the person, it`s just quicker.

What are you using?
    Did you mess around with anything on it?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,065 ✭✭✭crazygeryy

cheers

Ah the amount of hours I`ve spent trying to get MMS working, I swear I`ve aged while trying to get it working, it`s like it had a mind of it`s own, so I just gave up, I just print out the picture and show it to the person, it`s just quicker.

What are you using?
    Did you mess around with anything on it?
    Yea I remember talking to you about it.i wasnt messing with it.and im on darkys final if thats what you mean by what am I using.
    And I like the suggestion to print out the pic lol
    Its just so frustrating and I get people slagging me over it lol "expensive phone and u can't get photos etc"
    I'd love a solution.

Yea I remember talking to you about it.i wasnt messing with it.and im on darkys final if thats what you mean by what am I using.
    Its just so frustrating and I get people slagging me over it lol "expensive phone and u can't get photos etc"
    I'd love a solution.

Tell them to email it from there phone and if they give you more ****, ask them what`s the last thing they flashed on there phone??

No matter what they network providers say MMS is dead, I had the same issue with O2 they said everything looks fine over our end, still did`nt fix the situation.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,699 ✭✭✭Raoul

I'd love a solution.

So would we all. But like a good solution is to just tell them mms is primitive technology that is going out of date and to just email it to you unless their crappy phone cant email :pac:.

I`ve a feeling there iphone abusers?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,961 ✭✭✭G1032

Not sure how many of you are aware of this RAM management script

It's a proper memory management script, not some crap half @ssed effort that Juwe has out

It can be used on any phone, any ROM, including Stock and inlcuding CM7

So for any of you here with a little lag in CM7 try this.....:D

This will even make Darky's run smoothly..............

G1032 wrote: »
    Not sure how many of you are aware of this RAM management script

It's a proper memory management script, not some crap half @ssed effort that Juwe has out

It can be used on any phone, any ROM, including Stock and inlcuding CM7

This will even make Darky's run smoothly..............

Interesting, is it hard to do?

Whats the easiest way to find out what busybox version I have, all this script crap is new to me?

No. I was having a bit of trouble initially but reflashed my ROM and it worked after that.

Read instructions a couple of times first but quick guide:

Get BusyBox installer and install BusyBox 1.18.2 or lower
    Download and put the script in the root of your internal SD Card
    Download and install Script Manager
    Open script manager, then menu > advanced > config and tick "Browse as Root"
    Run the script and tick "Run as Root"
    Then you'll get an option to set scrolling speed. Pick your option
    Read what appears on screen then and pick another option. I picked option 3.
    Reboot
    Done.
    Class script.

This is a turtorial link from the V6 page

Whats the easiest way to find out what busybox version I have, all this script crap is new to me?

When you run Busybox installer it'll tell you the current version at the bottom of the screen.
    If it's 1.18.3 or higher you'll have to install 1.18.2 or lower

• Registered Users Posts: 4,751 ✭✭✭Ste-

Eh what ? ;)

I am curious, can I get even more shpeed out on me ROM?

Ste- wrote: »
    Eh what ? ;)

Just thought I'd throw that in there to see would anyone take the bait!!:)

I am curious, can I get even more shpeed out on me ROM?

Ya. Better memory management. Smoother switching between apps. Smoother game play etc

No. I was having a bit of trouble initially but reflashed my ROM and it worked after that.

Read instructions a couple of times first but quick guide:

Get BusyBox installer and install BusyBox 1.18.2 or lower
    Download and put the script in the root of your internal SD Card
    Download and install Script Manager
    Open script manager, then menu > advanced > config and tick "Browse as Root"
    Run the script and tick "Run as Root"
    Then you'll get an option to set scrolling speed. Pick your option
    Read what appears on screen then and pick another option. I picked option 3.
    Reboot
    Done.
    Class script.

This is a turtorial link from the V6 page

Well I got it sorted without any hassles, seems faster, but lets see how it`s after a few days....

• Registered Users Posts: 1,875 ✭✭✭bittihuduga

upgraded from froyo 2.2 to 2.3.4 GB
    battery seems to be draining more than before.
    display 29%, voicecalls 25% are major ones.
    rest are all single digits

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 221 ✭✭plys

upgraded from froyo 2.2 to 2.3.4 GB
    battery seems to be draining more than before.
    display 29%, voicecalls 25% are major ones.
    rest are all single digits

What about Maps? If Maps is showing an extraordinary usage percentage, then try disabling latitude.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,555 ✭✭✭Squeeonline

plys wrote: »
    What about Maps? If Maps is showing an extraordinary usage percentage, then try disabling latitude.

or just turn off location update in settings. And autosync.

Or move up to 2.3.5...

• Registered Users Posts: 2,555 ✭✭✭Squeeonline

Or move up to 2.3.5...

yeah but that's not without it's own issues. I had to do a factory reset today because of the 2g/3g bug that causes com.android.phone crash loop. Not impressed.

yeah but that's not without it's own issues. I had to do a factory reset today because of the 2g/3g bug that causes com.android.phone crash loop. Not impressed.

I`ve never had any issues with it, been solid.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,673 ✭✭✭Miss Fluff

Hoping someone can help me. All the videos on my phone copied to my laptop are without sound. I've tried to copy them again today and am unable.

Can anyone give me a step-be-step Idiot's guide to downloading video from my Galaxy to laptop? I've used a USB and chosen Mass Storage under the USB settings.....any help appreciated

Miss Fluff wrote: »
    Hoping someone can help me. All the videos on my phone copied to my laptop are without sound. I've tried to copy them again today and am unable.

Can anyone give me a step-be-step Idiot's guide to downloading video from my Galaxy to laptop? I've used a USB and chosen Mass Storage under the USB settings.....any help appreciated

Sounds like your on stock ROM, can you see your phone in windows explorer?

What are you using to play the video on your laptop?

Thanks so much for coming back to me! I was able to see the device in my Control Panel and copy stuff from there but it doesn't appear now.

I normally use RealTime or Quick Player to play videos. The option for Windows player is there too.

Miss Fluff wrote: »
    Thanks so much for coming back to me! I was able to see the device in my Control Panel and copy stuff from there but it doesn't appear now.

I normally use RealTime or Quick Player to play videos. The option for Windows player is there too.

I would use VLC player, it`s one of the best out there.

Also do you have Kies installed?

• Advertisement

Thanks so much Lewis! Where do I get VLC player from?

I have Kies installed and yet it won't recognise anything on my device, or perhaps its just stuff on the SD card it won't recognise.

Feel like such a numpty! :o

Advertisement