Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Samsung Galaxy S

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,751 ✭✭✭Ste-

lewis wrote: »
    When you first installed in, you selected your email and it syncd up?

Check your accounts & sync, press your gmail sync, do you have Google + Notifications there and checked to sync?

I selected my email then it asked if I wanted to Upload my photos as soon as they were taken. Chose yes then on another install I chose no. Then it goes to sign in. That's as far as I get every time.

I have the Google plus notifications in sync options and have ticked them unticked them everything I can think of.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,401 ✭✭✭lewis

I just post on your picture there, your on...

I just post on your picture there, your on...

I can't sign in to see my stream tho. So still teh same problem. like it's only half installed. Grrrr so near....

Ste- wrote: »
    I can't sign in to see my stream tho. So still teh same problem. like it's only half installed. Grrrr so near....

Jaysus....try flash CM 31 then...

Jaysus....try flash CM 31 then...

Yeah gonna do that tomorrow or maybe later tonight.
    Thanks for all the help.

• Advertisement

Yeah gonna do that tomorrow or maybe later tonight.
    Thanks for all the help.

Now I`m annoyed that I can`t figure it out, it`s an apk, like any other yolk, it either works or does`nt...

Now I`m annoyed that I can`t figure it out, it`s an apk, like any other yolk, it either works or does`nt...

Welcome to my world, been like this yesterday when I started the whole thing!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 58 ✭✭Dean.Tamkin

I have a GalaxyS . I am on vodafone and i am trying to txt someone on the orange network . I can recieve calls and txts from them and i can ring them but they dont recieve my txts even though my phones says sent . Their partner is also on orange and recieves my txts just fine.
    I tried my sim in a different phone and they recieved my txt ok .

Confused.com , any1 got any ideas why this is happening??

• Registered Users Posts: 72 ✭✭AE86JAY

After spending the whole day I eventually got on to Darky's 10.2, so far its a cracker, unreal fast although it has wiped everything but it was due a bit of a clean up anyway, looking good so far, glad to be away from that blockbuster, DONT INSTALL!

I have a GalaxyS . I am on vodafone and i am trying to txt someone on the orange network . I can recieve calls and txts from them and i can ring them but they dont recieve my txts even though my phones says sent . Their partner is also on orange and recieves my txts just fine.

Have the partner compare settings, it has to be something on there phone.

• Advertisement

Have the partner compare settings, it has to be something on there phone.
    Why would it be the settings on their phone .
    Would it not be something on my phone as they recieved my txt when i switched my sim into a different phone .

Why would it be the settings on their phone .
    Would it not be something on my phone as they recieved my txt when i switched my sim into a different phone .

Are you using stock firmware, if not what message app are you using?

Are you using stock firmware, if not what message app are you using?
    I have no idea what any of this means , i am completely retarded when it comes to this stuff.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,984 ✭✭✭G1032

Maybe they actually are recieving your texts but are just telling you they aren't...........!!!!!!!!!!:D:D

I have no idea what any of this means , i am completely retarded when it comes to this stuff.

I don`t know then man, maybe give Vodafone a call and see what they say..

I don`t know then man, maybe give Vodafone a call and see what they say..

So hows the auld CM7 going these days?

G1032 wrote: »
    So hows the auld CM7 going these days?

Very good man, bored ****less with it, there`s some talk about having CM on GB boot loaders, the advantages, I don`t know yet..

How`s Surface working out?

Very good man, bored ****less with it, there`s some talk about having CM on GB boot loaders, the advantages, I don`t know yet..

How`s Surface working out?

Still very happy with it.

Did a bit of rejigging - ditched GO Launcher and started using Zeam. Nice launcher but cannot customize the dock icons....

Got rid of a good few apps too which I never ever use.

All in all SURFACE is still blazing along. A couple of the other guys here reported a bit of lag with it but I have yet to see it.
    If i do begin to get lag I'll be off to try some other ROM.
    But delighted so far.................

• Registered Users Posts: 5,090 ✭✭✭moggser

It's not that great there's a few niggles with it like slowing up at certain
    Times knocking me phone off
    When using the browser there's a ****in imprint of a USB symbol battery symbol and a android symbol in the satus bar thing
    And there something else I wanna moan about it but I'm to tired and
    I wanna pull me self a sunder to sleep

• Registered Users Posts: 7,706 ✭✭✭Raoul

Did a bit of rejigging - ditched GO Launcher and started using Zeam. Nice launcher but cannot customize the dock icons....

All in all SURFACE is still blazing along. A couple of the other guys here reported a bit of lag with it but I have yet to see it.

Since I flashed the modem, the lag has also seem to gone. So at the moment, I am pretty pretty happy with it. I spent ages doing up my homescreen aswell, so don't want to change that. Will post a pic of it in a min.

EDIT - Screencapture isnt working and neither is nitrality for some reason it just keeps saying root access is required, despite it f*cking have root access. So I took it off superusers list and now it doesn't prompt me to allow it like I thought it would. GRRR!!! I'm so bored of all this flashing, everything has just become too perfect and all the same and nothing majorly different. The difference between insanity and Surface is minimal really.

• Advertisement

Raoul wrote: »
    Since I flashed the modem, the lag has also seem to gone. So at the moment, I am pretty pretty happy with it. I spent ages doing up my homescreen aswell, so don't want to change that. Will post a pic of it in a min.

EDIT - Screencapture isnt working and neither is nitrality for some reason it just keeps saying root access is required, despite it f*cking have root access. So I took it off superusers list and now it doesn't prompt me to allow it like I thought it would. GRRR!!! I'm so bored of all this flashing, everything has just become too perfect and all the same and nothing majorly different. The difference between insanity and Surface is minimal really.

@Raoul. Look at post 2 I think in SURFACE page. There is the Screencapture.apk that you need to copy to system/app in the 'Removed Features you might need' section

@Moggser. That symbol thing in the browser is just the theme. Flash the other theme or else the 9 lockscreen theme by tahu_e. But DO NOT copy over the SystemUI.apk to system/app
    AS for the reboots........?? Soemthing must have gone wrong with the flash. Or are you using a different Kernel? I just stuck with SpeedMod

I used Zeam for a while ages ago, it`s good and fast, I did`nt like the lack of customization with it, like resizing widgets, was a hassle.
    Still using GO meself, I`ve gone off doing up me home screens, I don`t spend as much time doing what I used to do with the phone....I can`t stand reading anything Darky related, yet I still check to see what`s new, always the same crap, same questions, same morons, same green, lol

I`m trying JVR now, after reading all good about it, I was on BVJJW2 and it was ok, hard to get a good reading cause it`s always bloody over cast here and miserable.
    The screen capture is not in the extended menu?
    You installed Nitrality again, should sort it....

I used Zeam for a while ages ago, it`s good and fast, I did`nt like the lack of customization with it, like resizing widgets, was a hassle.
    Still using GO meself, I`ve gone off doing up me home screens, I don`t spend as much time doing what I used to do with the phone....I can`t stand reading anything Darky related, yet I still check to see what`s new, always the same crap, same questions, same morons, same green, lol

I`m trying JVR now, after reading all good about it, I was on BVJJW2 and it was ok, hard to get a good reading cause it`s always bloody over cast here and miserable.
    The screen capture is not in the extended menu?
    You installed Nitrality again, should sort it....

No. It's the old style Menu + Back Button.
    Still on ZSJV5. Have yet to find a better one and in fact I've stopped trying. A 10 meter lock whenever I test it is good enough for me.

No. It's the old style Menu + Back Button.
    Still on ZSJV5. Have yet to find a better one and in fact I've stopped trying. A 10 meter lock whenever I test it is good enough for me.

Ah **** I thought you where on Insanoity.

I do get a great lock when I`m in town, I think it`s just my area sucks arse, but I`ll get through them all....

@Raoul. Look at post 2 I think in SURFACE page. There is the Screencapture.apk that you need to copy to system/app in the 'Removed Features you might need' section

@Moggser. That symbol thing in the browser is just the theme. Flash the other theme or else the 9 lockscreen theme by tahu_e. But DO NOT copy over the SystemUI.apk to system/app
    AS for the reboots........?? Soemthing must have gone wrong with the flash. Or are you using a different Kernel? I just stuck with SpeedMod

Thanks!!! But when I try to paste it into system/app it tells me that I have insufficient permissions.

What version of surface are you on? I am still on 2.2. But to update it do you have to do everything again.

Sorted my google plus. Installed it on my tablet and copied the files over to the galaxy s.

Cm on gb bootloaders is even better. Quicker boot and less drain in idle mode. Try it Lewis! Wont look back, I haven't!

Sorted my google plus. Installed it on my tablet and copied the files over to the galaxy s.

Cm on gb bootloaders is even better. Quicker boot and less drain in idle mode. Try it Lewis! Wont look back, I haven't!

You had no problems following the instruction on XDA?

Thanks!!! But when I try to paste it into system/app it tells me that I have insufficient permissions.

What version of surface are you on? I am still on 2.2. But to update it do you have to do everything again.

I'm on 3.1. It's based on JVR. I wipe each time I upgrade anyway. Doesn't take long at all.

Insufficient permissions..........?? Sounds like a root problem. Try to reinstall SuperUser from the market and reboot. Should be OK then

Thinking of going back to insanity :pac:. I like the fact that you can install updates without having to do a wipe.

Who is mloc on xda? Can't remember

• Advertisement

Thinking of going back to insanity :pac:. I like the fact that you can install updates without having to do a wipe.

Who is mloc on xda? Can't remember

Beats the hell outta me.....

Now that you can use GB boot loaders for CM, you get better battery life, also OC/UV with a kernel called Platapus, I`m going to try it..

Advertisement