Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Top Gear back tonight at 8 BBC2

Options
13»

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 464 ✭✭PJTierney

EnterNow wrote: »
    Id love to see May as the SIARPC one week, then Hammond the next, and Clarkson for the last of the season with the other two asking the questions. Id say it would be a proper laugh, really put them on the spot like :D
    I wonder what kind of laptimes they'd set.
    Also would be nice to see another F1 driver this season in the Liana.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 33,733 ✭✭✭✭Myrddin

PJTierney wrote: »
    I wonder what kind of laptimes they'd set.
    Also would be nice to see another F1 driver this season in the Liana.

Nearly sure I read on wikip that Reubens is on soon. But he wont be in the Liana, he will be driving the cee apostrophe d :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 23,316 ✭✭✭✭amacachi

Thought it was a pretty damn good episode tbh.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 7,102 ✭✭✭Stinicker

I think the funniest part was when Hammond got stuck with the gay fella, I was in stitches at it, this sort of thing is why I love this show. It is ok to be Unpc and f*ck the libtards, it is ok to drive a £200k car and have the carbon footprint of a small african country. The "Your not swimming now" joke was priceless and this show needs more unpc gags and it will be even more popular. I wish they they would do a show with May driving a monster truck over some toyota prius and that would be great! They need hotter wimens for the background in the studio I was let down by the standard this time.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,571 ✭✭✭The Don

Really good first episode. Great to have it back. Loved the Reliant segment, it was priceless. Loved how they got on the BBC North's morning show :D

The Volcano stuff was grood. Some environment they have in Iceland. Nice to see the Hilux getting credit.

• Advertisement

Yeah but now the camera car for the Icelandic bit needs to get some credit (unless they used the North Pole car for that).

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,388 ✭✭✭gbee

Stinicker wrote: »
    They need hotter wimens for the background in the studio I was let down by the standard this time.

Or better yet, none! With about 3 exceptions in a million, all they see is the colour, now that's fine if it's their briefs and bras that's worrying them as they contort their nimble young bodies ........

érm, .......... stops shaking ... better none at all, really. Phew!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,160 ✭✭✭Kimono-Girl

2nd episode about to start :D

loved the first one, laughed all through the robin segment...the volcano part was pretty cool too!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 88,978 ✭✭✭✭mike65

I actually went to make a cuppa 5 mins before it ended. Quite dull and if they actualy dumped some of the Germany stuff to cram in Alistiar Campbell I'm pissed off!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,160 ✭✭✭Kimono-Girl

mike65 wrote: »
    I actually went to make a cuppa 5 mins before it ended. Quite dull and if they actualy dumped some of the Germany stuff to cram in Alistiar Campbell I'm pissed off!

yeah ^ that was crap! but c'mon James May stuck in the car was funny! :D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,783 ✭✭✭CptMackey

Ya really wanted to see more of the Germany stuff. Alister Campbell was boring, I hate the star in the car part.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Regional East Moderators Posts: 18,324 CMod ✭✭✭✭The Black Oil

The first episode was really poor, but this week's was an improvement. The German AA truck was quite something, could have done without the 'banter', though.

The AA truck and the vuvuzela references (along with that massive 'tank-Hummer') were the only things I really liked about this week's.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,752 ✭✭✭cyrusdvirus

Stiggy rolling the reliant was nailed on!

Thought the chat between Clarkson and Campbell was a bit (more than usually for the SIARPC segment) false....seemed to me there was a genuine dislike there.

• Registered Users Posts: 18,159 ✭✭✭✭phasers

The SIARPC as usual was rubbish, and felt really long, was it longer than normal?

A good episode though I thought, I love that stupid Richard didn't win the challenge

• Closed Accounts Posts: 23,316 ✭✭✭✭amacachi

One would assume Clarkson and Campbell can only just bear to be in the same room because of Piers Morgan.

Solid episode, few LOLs and loved the dodgy attempts at speaking German.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 15,665 Mod ✭✭✭✭dfx-

gatecrash wrote: »
    Thought the chat between Clarkson and Campbell was a bit (more than usually for the SIARPC segment) false....seemed to me there was a genuine dislike there.

I'd be astonished if it was only a dislike...

Fine episode..and thought that it had unusually high content of James May...which is good.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,302 ✭✭✭positron

Quoting from the Motors thread (that was closed as I was typing this response :cool: ) :
    Hammond should go, May and Clarkson are still OK though...

I think Hammond is a the reason why a lot of girlfriends/women join their partners to watch TopGear.

The show is definitely lacking something this year. Same old ironic pauses and same old smarty comments. And James May testing the Porsche blabbering on the numbers was just sick - that made me realize how good Clarkson is - he can talk about cars without drowning you in monotonous blabber about facts and figures!

TopGear is still a brilliant show by normal standards. But may be not so good by TopGear's own standards..! :(

• Registered Users Posts: 18,159 ✭✭✭✭phasers

positron wrote: »
    And James May testing the Porsche blabbering on the numbers was just sick - that made me realize how good Clarkson is - he can talk about cars without drowning you in monotonous blabber about facts and figures!
    I thought James did a really good job! He had a refreshing enthusiasm, I'm sick of Jeremy shouting gibberish

phasers wrote: »
    I thought James did a really good job! He had a refreshing enthusiasm, I'm sick of Jeremy shouting gibberish

I don't know - may be it was just me - I nearly fell asleep when May started mentioning the bhp and figures - I usually like him over Jeremy.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,025 ✭✭✭lmahoney79

positron wrote: »
    I think Hammond is a the reason why a lot of girlfriends/women join their partners to watch TopGear.

Rubbish, I am a girl and I cant stand Hammond, i think he tries too hard to be funny and isnt.......IMO, James May is the best. I watch Top Gear with my boyfriend for the same reason he watches it, funny, intelligent and very entertaining.

lmahoney79 wrote: »
    Rubbish, I am a girl and...

Prove it! Pics or GTFO!! :D

Oh sorry, this is not After Hours!!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,025 ✭✭✭lmahoney79

:p

• Registered Users Posts: 45,258 ✭✭✭✭Mitch Connor

thought the end to this weeks ep was terrible. You could see it coming a mile off that May would win based on the price paid for the car - as it had been done before with Clarkson and his £1 Volvo. disappointing rehash of an old joke.

• Registered Users Posts: 55 ✭✭Liam2590

The 10 extra minutes from last Sundays episode are on the top gear website now

http://www.topgear.com/uk/videos?VideoBrowserMode=categories&VideoCategory=OutTakes

Advertisement