Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Top Gear back tonight at 8 BBC2

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,467 ✭✭✭h3000

About to kick off boys and girls :D:D

0118 999 881 999 119 725 3

• Registered Users Posts: 90 ✭✭bullmccabe2010

Top Gear beats the debate on goalmouth technology on the other side!

• Registered Users Posts: 4,213 ✭✭✭PrettyBoy

Missed the start, just caught the Bentley doing the track time. This volcano thing looks a little boring tbh

• Registered Users Posts: 528 ✭✭✭dirtydiesel

its not last season, its just last season with these presentors.
    Whose replacing them, cant imagine top gear been any good without the 3 lads.

Whose replacing them, cant imagine top gear been any good without the 3 lads.

Won't last, one season max.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 13,822 ✭✭✭✭EPM

Just something I noticed in the mag last night on a ferry...the Lacetti...there's 2...reg's end on HPJ and HPK...what did they do with second...

• Registered Users Posts: 528 ✭✭✭dirtydiesel

What a way to get rid of the reasonably priced car.

Sorry but this is just plain boring. The dull, rainy weather is pretty depressing to watch, makes the whole thing worse IMO.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 90 ✭✭Bleedin Delish

getting to the stage where I cant stand Clarkson now, I like Hammond and James May but Clarkson just comes out with stupid stuff trying to be funny and he isnt! its a pity cause its a pretty iconic show

OK, this episode was a let down until this Reliant test, Clarkson arriving at the owners meet was brilliant!!!

• Advertisement

That last part was great! Clarkson is funny!

• Moderators, Motoring & Transport Moderators Posts: 23,157 Mod ✭✭✭✭Alanstrainor

Thread moved to the TG forum.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 88,978 ✭✭✭✭mike65

I loved the Reliant feature, not sure I belived a single fact though. Great to see Phil Oakey out with the dog being so helpful. Little else to do these days really.

That Peter Jones is a very fast driver for a big man.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,984 ✭✭✭Venom

Pretty good episode over all. Big props to Clarkson for the Reliant crashes, May's volcano run was pretty cool as well I felt Hammond spot was pretty dull.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,269 ✭✭✭cabrwab

The reliant feature was great fun bentley review was lacking something, hammond may as well not have being in the show!!

• Registered Users Posts: 18,159 ✭✭✭✭phasers

Hammond ruining the in studio segments as usual with his crap attempts to be funny...

I loved the volcano stuff and the reliant Robin stuff, the garden party was quite good as well, mostly when "Angelina Jolie" turned up.

although Hammond also ruined that with the Louis Spence stuff.
    He's gay, we get it.

A stronger opener than expected as usually the Summer series is total crap.

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 20,862 Mod ✭✭✭✭inforfun

After Stig listening to vuvuzelas during the lap in the Bentley i didnt care anymore what would follow.
    Show was already good enough for me :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,752 ✭✭✭cyrusdvirus

Reliant crashes, funny
    Volcano bit, cool.

bently, nice

SIARPC, killing the chevy, funny, hope they mount it same as the Hilux
    New lap times, Peta 23 from essex piss take funny
    Angelina Jolie, mighty fine looking :p!!
    Amy Tray sliding lady was HOT
    Gay guy Totally OTT, but funny

All in all, decent show, nice escapism.

• Registered Users Posts: 24,480 ✭✭✭✭Cookie_Monster

the reasonably priced car bit was crap, an exact copy of when they got the last one.

The Reliant bit was brilliant, haven't laughed so hard in ages. That will never cease to be funny :D:D:D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 33,733 ✭✭✭✭Myrddin

its not last season, its just last season with these presentors.

Is there a link to verify that, or is it just a rumour?

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 10,272 ✭✭✭✭Max Power1

EnterNow wrote: »
    Is there a link to verify that, or is it just a rumour?
    hope its not true, TG will not last if they change the presenters! Its more about the "show" now than the actual car reviews IMO

Max Power1 wrote: »
    hope its not true, TG will not last if they change the presenters! Its more about the "show" now than the actual car reviews IMO

Agreed. Wish people could just shut up & enjoy the show while its still around. Its an hour of pure escapism, fast cars, explosions, fire & brimstone etc - with no f**king ads people! Fifth gear is better, jesus christ :rolleyes:

Anyway Id like to see where this change of presenters talk is coming from, is it a BBC source or some gimp who thinks TG hasnt been the same since Clarkson got rid of the mullet...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 464 ✭✭PJTierney

Reliant bit was funny, if a little overdone. Surprised they didn't mention their rocket attempt.

Vuvuzelas in the Bentley was hilarious though.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,163 ✭✭✭✭danniemcq

i was slighty let down by start the whole bit about cars needing proper burials etc was dull but jeez i laughed so hard i cried when the Robin tipped over the first time. Rewound it a few times to watch it again. Brilliant. Anyone know what else is going on this season?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 464 ✭✭PJTierney

danniemcq wrote: »
    i was slighty let down by start the whole bit about cars needing proper burials etc was dull but jeez i laughed so hard i cried when the Robin tipped over the first time. Rewound it a few times to watch it again. Brilliant. Anyone know what else is going on this season?
    Check the Top Gear blog (link on their website), the producers usually hint at a few things.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,272 ✭✭✭✭Max Power1

danniemcq wrote: »
    +1
    Who said that TG is getting worse? The robin bit was one of the funniest segments ive ever seen. I was in stitches laughing.

• Registered Users Posts: 521 ✭✭✭CarMuppet

I get the impression Clarkson is just p***ed off athe BBCs internal politics...

The show does get the raw end of the stick if theirs some snooooooker on...

• Registered Users Posts: 28,740 ✭✭✭✭_Kaiser_

Watched it today.. loved the Reliant bits and the little dig at ITV over the World Cup screw-up :p

Weakest bit was the SITRPC segment, but then I normally skip through this every week anyway till they get to the actual lap (I've noticed that the pre-lap waffle has gotten longer and longer each season).

To those complaining about the realism/style.. as someone else said TG has become about car-related entertainment and the banter between the boys, and on this score it still (mostly!) succeeds.

Glad to have it back :)

Id love to see May as the SIARPC one week, then Hammond the next, and Clarkson for the last of the season with the other two asking the questions. Id say it would be a proper laugh, really put them on the spot like :D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 484 ✭✭Adriatic

The Robin Reliant segment was fupping hilarious, I replayed it to my sister and my mother who were oblivious to the fact that it was not as genuine as it seemed which was all the better really, well for me anyway it was and I kept my mouth shut about its legitimacy!

Hopefully they will have replayed caravans with lots and lots of Robin Reliant fatalities.

Advertisement