Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Top Gear back tonight at 8 BBC2

Options
  • 27-06-2010 10:12am
    Registered Users Posts: 6,467 ✭✭✭

Just a heads up to remind ye that Top Gear is back for a new series tonight at 8 BBC2.

@Mods
    I posted here rather than the Top Gear forum as Motors gets far more traffic. Hope that's alright.

0118 999 881 999 119 725 3

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 829 ✭✭✭VinnyTGM

Thanks for the reminder.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,025 ✭✭✭✭-Corkie-

Have it set on the reminder;). Hopefully herself dont want to watch glee:D. Must get a hd box.

• Registered Users Posts: 22,929 ✭✭✭✭ShadowHearth

Well last season woth those 3 bastords... I will miss them. Dont know if there will be point watching it after this season...

• Registered Users Posts: 1,239 ✭✭✭Lurching

Going to have to wait a while for it to reach Oz.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,388 ✭✭✭gbee

Thanks for that, Top Gear is notoriously difficult to find a schedule for, why?

• Advertisement

Well last season woth those 3 bastords... I will miss them. Dont know if there will be point watching it after this season...

What you mean by that????

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,388 ✭✭✭gbee

SARASON wrote: »
    What you mean by that????

Falling ratings, PC correctness, somewhat duller and effeminate presentations. Only the 'specials' in the last three series have saved the day.

On going battle with Clarkson and the BBC, CLarkson slowly losing as he bends to BBC protocol, and the more he bends the more fans he loses.

• Registered Users Posts: 528 ✭✭✭dirtydiesel

h3000 wrote: »
    Just a heads up to remind ye that Top Gear is back for a new series tonight at 8 BBC2.

@Mods
    I posted here rather than the Top Gear forum as Motors gets far more traffic. Hope that's alright.
    Nice1, something decent to watch on a Sunday night:D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,430 ✭✭✭testicle

I bet they know to keep left.

gbee wrote: »
    Falling ratings, PC correctness, somewhat duller and effeminate presentations. Only the 'specials' in the last three series have saved the day.

On going battle with Clarkson and the BBC, CLarkson slowly losing as he bends to BBC protocol, and the more he bends the more fans he loses.

I thought it was gone a bit silly latley. I think fifth gear is better tbh. They never test normal cars only things we will never drive.

• Advertisement

Well rumor goes that they whant to finish of, as the show is still on high roll. I thing hamond decided to stay thought.

Thing is, top gear has zero value if you are watching it seriuosly. I love top gear even if they are useless car reveiwers....they are just fun to watch. Allways a good crack involving good few cars. Thought one of the moust favirite things about top gear is the track. Cars tested around it by ( prety much) same person. So its quite accurate.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 88,978 ✭✭✭✭mike65

Top Gear - Ambitious but useless! There is a whole sub-forum for this prog by the way

• Registered Users Posts: 12,683 ✭✭✭✭Owen

I thought it was gone a bit silly latley. I think fifth gear is better tbh. They never test normal cars only things we will never drive.

5th gear is as annoying as anything. Tom - I couldn't be funny if my life was on the line - Ford, Tiff - I'll spend the entire time driving the car showing off my driving skills - Needel, Jason - full of sh1t - Smith, Jonny - I wanted to be on MTV, but instead I'm stuck here - Smith, and last, and least, and well past her sell by date for being interesting in any respect VBH.

The show is just average. RTE could do 5th gear.

Top Gear is about just a bunch of lads, having a laugh. Taking the piss out of everything, having a playboy lifestyle with their challenges, and the rest of us who hate PC'ness, having to have a boring life can identify with it. If Top Gear decided in the morning to start reviewing the Octavia, or the new 1.2 Golf, I'd officially give up on life. It's the escapism that makes it work so well as a concept and as a show.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 88,978 ✭✭✭✭mike65

They could turn a Nox powered Octavia RS into the worlds fastest hatchback based removal van, what with its enormous boot. ;)

testicle wrote: »
    I bet they know to keep left.
    :D:D. It took me a while to get that.

5th gear is as annoying as anything. Tom - I couldn't be funny if my life was on the line - Ford, Tiff - I'll spend the entire time driving the car showing off my driving skills - Needel, Jason - full of sh1t - Smith, Jonny - I wanted to be on MTV, but instead I'm stuck here - Smith, and last, and least, and well past her sell by date for being interesting in any respect VBH.

The show is just average. RTE could do 5th gear.

Top Gear is about just a bunch of lads, having a laugh. Taking the piss out of everything, having a playboy lifestyle with their challenges, and the rest of us who hate PC'ness, having to have a boring life can identify with it. If Top Gear decided in the morning to start reviewing the Octavia, or the new 1.2 Golf, I'd officially give up on life. It's the escapism that makes it work so well as a concept and as a show.

I couldnt have said better. Spot on

:D:D. It took me a while to get that.

Hmm if that still refering that thread then testy is more sader then i thought... And my thought about some people in here is 100% correct. This just proves it.

No contribution to actuall thread, but a wee bit good bit of trolling. Gratz.

Hmm if that still refering that thread then testy is more sader then i thought... And my thought about some people in here is 100% correct. This just proves it.

No contribution to actuall thread, but a wee bit good bit of trolling. Gratz.

Hi Pot, my name is Kettle.

Hi Pot, my name is Kettle.
    1277313849607.jpg

ZOMG!!!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 4,445 ✭✭✭Absurdum

ladies PLEASE

• Moderators, Motoring & Transport Moderators Posts: 23,157 Mod ✭✭✭✭Alanstrainor

Christ, leave it out!

• Registered Users Posts: 4,213 ✭✭✭PrettyBoy

Is this the last season??
    I think fifth gear is better tbh.

No.

PrettyBoy wrote: »

No.

PrettyBoy wrote: »

No.

its not last season, its just last season with these presentors.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,456 ✭✭✭✭Mr Benevolent

No.

Dammit.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,704 ✭✭✭squod

Stars in the reasonably priced car bit is annoying. Way too much talking. Don't know who half of them are either.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,291 ✭✭✭enviro

Thanks for the reminder OP

• Registered Users Posts: 3,884 ✭✭✭pa990

also in HD at 10pm over on BBC HD

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 13,822 ✭✭✭✭EPM

There's a feature on 5 k super saloons...well ish. MB 190 Cossie, Sierra Cossie and an E36 M3. That should actually be good.

What I wouldn't give for a 190 Cossie...first born for an Evo:D

Advertisement