Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The Great After-timing Thread (screenshots req'd)

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 5,339 ✭✭✭El Horseboxo

Don't get too carried away with it though. I've noticed your stakes and betting regularity have increased massively from when i first noticed your bets. Especially with the horses. I just wouldn't have the balls for that. You don't wanna get to the point where you're throwing down thousands. Anyways congrats and long may it continue.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,783 ✭✭✭Pj!

coughlan08 wrote: »

over 1000 profit the last 2 days...my bank is frightening for a vulnerable student like myself..
    Of course, it's all relevant to how much you lose.

Do you only bet with one bookmaker?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,683 ✭✭✭heavyballs

Pj! wrote: »

well he did say "profit" didn't he,it's just a matter of if you beleive a random stranger on the net,personally i think this is a good thread to read through but sometimes you see screenshots with bits removed etc

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,899 ✭✭✭coughlan08

Don't get too carried away with it though. I've noticed your stakes and betting regularity have increased massively from when i first noticed your bets. Especially with the horses. I just wouldn't have the balls for that. You don't wanna get to the point where you're throwing down thousands. Anyways congrats and long may it continue.

thanks,dont worry the reason for the increased stakes is due to the increased bank..the proportion is the exact same if you know what i mean.
    Pj! wrote: »

i loss 150,between 2 horses,1 being my own pick, the other my mates.
    heavyballs wrote: »
    well he did say "profit" didn't he,it's just a matter of if you beleive a random stranger on the net,personally i think this is a good thread to read through but sometimes you see screenshots with bits removed etc

understand your comment about believing me or not.but by now you should or at least some people, as ive been sending them my mates pics,via phone...

thanks for your advice gavin but whenever i make a profit like this its withdrawn the following morning and put into my bank account,dont use a credit card,just cash as it stops me from chasing losses or over staking..i have a set limit and i stick to it..

• Registered Users Posts: 1,853 ✭✭✭Kod-box

Keep up the good luck Coughlan, and dont get carried away man you seem to be launching into horses you dont know anything about (tips from a friend).

• Advertisement

i loss 150,between 2 horses,1 being my own pick, the other my mates.
    I meant over time.

The simple maths and stats mean that everyone will have winning days and losing days.

I'd open accounts with as many bookmakers as possible and always take the best odds available. It's a game of percentages and this is the simplest way to improve your betting.

Well done with the wins!

another great day.
    this time i took screenshots of all my account both winners and losers.
    home advantage was a tip from here
    the rest were mine...
    hopefully this will stop people saying,"ya your winning a 1000 but prob losing 2000"....

profit of roughly 700 again today,,,im laughing.
    only 1 loser,that been peace corps.the rest winners

Screenshot2010-09-20at194159-1-1.png

Screenshot2010-09-20at200901-1.png

Screenshot2010-09-20at202445-1.png

Be careful with the betting coughlan.

Never bet what you can't afford to lose.

i never do mate...i aint stupid when it comes to gambling, its all profit...another withdrawel tomorrow morning...:cool:

• Registered Users Posts: 3,979 ✭✭✭Vurnon San Benito

i never do mate...i aint stupid when it comes to gambling, its all profit...another withdrawel tomorrow morning...:cool:

Good stuff, keep it up but I wouldn't be backing the favourites in every race as you seem to do, they won't win all the time.

Anyway, keep the cash coming ;)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,568 ✭✭✭thewools

Coughlan - you remind me of myself in my college days! Just as a warning and from my own experience you are what I would call following a dangerous path.

Similar to yourself - I grew my bank from next to noting to well over 5-6k though horses, poker, football, NFL, tennis etc. Then things get crazy. I was staying up late every night and getting up early to research and plan out my bets for that day. I wasn't betting for the fun of it anymore which I initially was, I was betting because I needed to.

I would post this on your thread but dont want to ruin the positive vibe in there :)

I see your backing horses rather blindly from a "mate" - this is just pure crazy. Your not gambling for the fun of it as I can see... your gambling rather heavily on short priced horses which you are not picking. Sure your on a roll and enjoying this because you are currently winning and winning well. It wont end well if you continue like this I'm afraid.

I know you say you are betting with the bookies money (profit) - so was I; and I had the exact same mentality. So I'm just having a big brother moment here and reiterating myself that it can get messy.

Just me 2cent dude. Best of luck.

thanks lads.

but im just going to have to learn the hard way so, because i aint giving up until my mates picks dry up..

its simple lads, my mate is a fuccking geneous,hes in the business and his father too...i said before if i lose everything,so be it..the most i can lose now is 1000 as i have over 8000 put away in a savers account in my bank,and i wont touch it for ages if i ever did manage to lose the 1000,,,im very mature for my age and never chase losses,im well able to manage money,and its not like i dont have a social life,,im actually heavly involved in sports..
    so that helps big time.....

btw doocey,most of the time when i back a horse it aint the favourite,but it turns into 1 very quickly...thanks for the best wishes btw..

no need to give me any more advice lads,,,i appreciate it big time though but i know what im doing,
    thanks again,,
    coughlan

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,943 ✭✭✭abouttobebanned

A good 2 cents they are too.

One thing that I see a lot in this thread is people dying to show off what they've won but trying to justify the mad stake or the mad bet.

"I haven't had a bet in months" - bull
    "I never usually bet this large" - bull
    "I got some seriously good word for this one" nonsense, he was another random bet that happened to get lucky.

I can read gamblers so easily now because I used to be one. (see what I did there? The clever amongst you will know that's bull - I am one...)

From the guy in the bookies that has a winner and suddenly wants everyone to know why he picked him...the reality is he picked him cause he went from 6-1 to 4-1 but he's gonna say that he loves that track...was the longest traveller, won this race last year. Nonsense. Admit you're a degenerate.

Big accums...silly trebles...we're all guilty of them. We all probably started off in €2 bets (cigs) and moved onto €20 (hash) and then hundreds and beyond (heroin- loss of control)

I have stopped gambling. I used to be good at picking horses...very good...but unfortunately I'd only pick one horse a day and the gambler in me, genetically handed down by my father, wanted to back 30 horses...or how many it tool to lose it all or win enough to make me content to walk out...swagger out, tip the girls behind the counter...

Say to the missus.,.I won 500 on a tip that went around work. The reality? I won 3k. Why say 500? Some people will tell you it's because if she knew I won that she'd want to go shopping. That's not it. The real reason was because I knee who I was and I had no guarantee that I'd still have that 3k tomorrow. Cause I was a gambler and 3k is never enough. When it's all gone you imagine to yourself "Christ...I wish I had that 3k now...why didn't I just walk out when I had the chance..I could have paid off this..bought that...

I say all this to warn the newbies in this thread who think they're shrewd. You're not shrewd. There are no shrews gamblers. You're the walking dead.

thats all good for the newbies as you said,,but i aint a newbie and know what im doin,,im 1 of a few that makes a constent profit on here..
    thanks for the post,im sure it will help someone..

• Registered Users Posts: 92 ✭✭jolsen

betb.gif

• Closed Accounts Posts: 88,978 ✭✭✭✭mike65

Have you considered a tweeting service coughlan08?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,568 ✭✭✭thewools

LOL - Flamboyance, Arrogance, Confidence etc all a great sign of a cocky kid on a roll...

I wish you luck and hope your lucky streak never ends..

But even I will put a bet on that if you continue lumping on short priced favorites in bleeding maidens of all races your luck will reverse sharply!! :rolleyes:

mike65 wrote: »
    Have you considered a tweeting service coughlan08?

dont no what your ona bout tbh..
    i might be a teen but still wtf...:pac:

im assuming you mean twitter doh right,i aint a member

coughlan people are warning you for a reason.

I looked at your thread and it's probably one of the worst gambling logs I have ever seen. Most of it is pure delusion mate.
    thats all good for the newbies as you said,,but i aint a newbie and know what im doin,,im 1 of a few that makes a constent profit on here..
    thanks for the post,im sure it will help someone..
    Again pure delusion.

What's your angle? What's your percentage return? You don't use a sensible betting bank. You bet on every sport. You bet on multiples. You don't get best prices.

The better gamblers on here don't post their bets up to an internet forum mate.

You get bets on with PaddyPower that wouldn't be accepted from better gamblers.

fair enough if thats your take on it,
    i wont bother to post in this tread again..

ye have no idea who im dealing with...

you might think im tlking ****,,doesnt bother me in the slightest,

on that note,gudluck and thanks..

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,853 ✭✭✭Kod-box

jolsen wrote: »
    betb.gif

:eek:

Very nice

Didn't take long for his true colours to be seen. I've been around gambling forums a long time..and every so often a guy comes along and gets a few winners...he soon begins to think he is the mesiah, the one sent to finally defeat the gambling gods. If he doesn't receive the adoration he thinks he deserves he'll always threaten "I won't post here ever again so"...always in the hope that people will beg him to stay.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,010 ✭✭✭✭L'prof

Didn't take long for his true colours to be seen. I've been around gambling forums a long time..and every so often a guy comes along and gets a few winners...he soon begins to think he is the mesiah, the one sent to finally defeat the gambling gods. If he doesn't receive the adoration he thinks he deserves he'll always threaten "I won't post here ever again so"...always in the hope that people will beg him to stay.

To be honest, I'd be getting a bit fed up of all this advice too. Fair enough if he asked and fair enough if it was every now and then, but it's a constant barrage of do-gooders!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 88,978 ✭✭✭✭mike65

Kod-box wrote: »
    :eek:

Very nice

VERY MAD, who sticks a grand on a 20/1 shot apart from the insane or rich?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,288 ✭✭✭fkiely

L'prof wrote: »
    To be honest, I'd be getting a bit fed up of all this advice too. Fair enough if he asked and fair enough if it was every now and then, but it's a constant barrage of do-gooders!

It's only a reaction to the front and cockiness of him though. Plenty of people do well in this world, plenty don't, but most people have a bit of respect, graciousness and decorum about their losses and wins. He doesn't.

L'prof wrote: »

You just thanked a guy for showing a bet where he put a grand on a 20-1 shot. Your opinion is invalid. ;)

You just thanked a guy for showing a bet where he put a grand on a 20-1 shot. Your opinion is invalid. ;)

As if I give a flying fúck what you think of my opinion. I'd thank anyone here who manages to get a win at those odds. I didn't comment on his bet though and I won't either.

Sensitive chap all the same.

Sensitive chap all the same.

Not usually, I just didn't appreciate the way you came across in your post.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,979 ✭✭✭Vurnon San Benito

jolsen wrote: »
    betb.gif

Fooking hell man, you've balls and a half!
    Serious win, enjoy it! :)

Advertisement