Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Win a two night break in any B&B in Ireland and a Denny picnic hamper

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,362 ✭✭✭Trotter

The finest sandwich I've ever had involved some essential Irish ingredients..

Sausages.. (Denny Obviously :p)

A Waterford Blaa...
    The%20Waterford%20Blaa.jpg

The Discover Waterford Hot Air Balloon
    118367.jpg

And some glorious early morning Irish countryside.

118368.jpg

Hot air ballooning is generally done very early in the morning, or in the hours close to sunset. In this case, I got the nod to fly in the balloon around 6am one morning and that didnt leave much time for breakfast.

Fear not, as my missis spotted that I could get dangerously hungry so she gave me a little tinfoil covered bundle and a safe pat on the shoulder that said.. everything is going to be fine. You wont starve.

Longer story shorter... 7:15am, and we're floating silently over the South East countryside with the sun just coming up. I didnt think the moment could get any better.. until I remembered the sausage blaa tucked safely in my bag. With my face covered in flour, and the balloon burners holding us steady... I destroyed that little sausage sandwich blaa in the finest place in Ireland.. 2000ft in altitude looking into an early morning Irish sunrise!

• Registered Users Posts: 14,701 ✭✭✭✭Panthro

out the back of my mothers house, at the seating area which sits on a newly laid paving area! any time im home im guaranteed to find at least one family member sitting there, so it must be a good spot!

• Registered Users Posts: 138 ✭✭SirIrish

Well I think for me it's like the adds show it makes no difference where you eat your Denny sandwich but who you eat it with. So for me 'tis where ever my love is.

• Registered Users Posts: 232 ✭✭nachoman

In the long grass
    overlooking the lighthouse
    above Dublin bay.

• Registered Users Posts: 705 ✭✭✭CTU_Agent

Best place has got to be top of the hogan stand in croke park on a sunday afternoon. With our packed denny sambo's, cuppa tea and my dad and me watching a game...

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 214 ✭✭fransdev

In the little secret garden, Blessington Basin. You can even share your sandwich with the Ducks and Birds....:pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 39 ronan0

Looking out over the canal, sitting beside a favourite muse.

1224265693073_1.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 437 ✭✭fatalll

powerfade wrote: »
    Sceilig Mhichíl, nowhere more peaceful or beautiful on Summers days, the perfect place to enjoys half a dozen Denny Ham sandwiches and a flask of tae!!:)

skelligs.jpg
    I agree Scilig Mhicil..or maybe the middle of the pitch in Croke Park

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,114 ✭✭✭doctor evil

Anywhere in sight of 'bare Benbulbens head', the most distinctive and beautiful mountain in Ireland.

benbulben-1.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 221 ✭✭twitch1984

bantry bay as the sun is setting in the evening enjoying a nice blt sarnie

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 63 ✭✭donal666

Nothng nicer than a sunny day in the Botanic Gardens in Dublin, a tasty Denny bacon butty and some good company....bliss!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,200 ✭✭✭Tazz T

Dublin Airport.

Prepare your Denny sausage and brown sauce sarnie before leaving the house and you can save yourself a decent few euro while you wait for a flight to somewhere with better weather than Ireland.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,807 ✭✭✭✭Orion

The Hill of Tara. Amazing views and the sense of history beneath.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,791 ✭✭✭ash23

Eyre square galway on a sunny day :)

2634672210067351780vjHLJE_fs.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 724 ✭✭✭muckety

On the top of Croagh Patrick. The best-earned ham sandwiches I ever ate!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 22 thelittleone

Florence Court in Co Fermanagh overlooking the beautiful rose garden. cant beat it!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,118 ✭✭✭shrapnel222

down by lough Tay in Wicklow on a sunny day

86501207_27f4fbae64.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 20 applecrumble

definetely has to be JFK park in Wexford, lovely spot for a picnic and lovely gardens to walk it off in, then also a trip down to Hook head down the road to finish off any leftover picnic remains for the evening :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4 waterford2010

tramore beach in waterford after a long day swimming and few rollercoasters cnt think of anything better then sitting down to a big fat sausage sandwich!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 33 galwaymanc

croagh patrick . after a hard climb, then sitting down having a well earned sandwich whilst taking in the breathtaking view of clew bay.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 321 ✭✭dromdrom

On the steps looking down onto the beach in Ceann Tra (Ventry) on a windy day. You stop there and fill yourself up all the time looking down on the raw beauty of the bay. When you've had you fill head down across the beach let the wind whip you and just take in an Irish holiday as it meant to be.

• Registered Users Posts: 306 ✭✭leinster93

Heavenly Gates, Co Kerry - A perfect spot for a Denny picnic while ascending to the
    Howling Ridge below Carrauntoohil's summit overlooking Hags Glen

4746713315_7b81db9ddb.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 93 ✭✭Shoota

I remember returning from my J1 experience, 3 months with the Yanks, and yearning for a sambo, a nice hefty Irish sambo. So, atop the St.Stephens Green Kylemore Cafe, looking out onto the green itself, I lashed into an O'Briens Tripledecker I'd snuck in, under my coat.

It was only mighty! :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 461 ✭✭carefulnow100

I think this thread just proves that Ireland is the most beautiful place in the world! look at all those places to eat a hame sanger! there all beautiful!
    my first place would be in my back garden with family and a nice hot cup a tea on a fine summers evening!!
    But just so everyone can relate I think Curracloe beach is absolutly beautiful! nothing like takin a bite of a a denny ham sanger only to hear the crack of the sand in your mouth and takin a gulp of cold suggary tea out of a flask!! heaven!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 25 liz11

Well realistic the most beautiful and popalur place to enjoy a denny's sandwich or a lovely mouth watering denny's BBQ is the one and only Donadea Forest right ere in Kildare. There is nothing only pure magic there and with a denny'd product really makes life so much worth it.

• Registered Users Posts: 54 ✭✭hbxutd

Clogherhead County Louth with the family is a great spot.
    Amazing views, lovely wee harbour, quaint village & good company....not forgetting the ham sandwiches & mug of tae of course :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7 jacmcc

Summer in Dublin

Memories of a scorching hot day, packed into the back of my dads work hi-ace van with half the kids from our road and stuck in 3 mile tail back all heading to Donabate. "Are we there yet??", think my Dad is regretting taking on the journey already.

Finally see sight of the beach and driving another 3 miles along the strand to find a perfect parking spot. Unloading the picnic,deck chairs, towels and blankets is left to mam, we are into the water in the blink of an eye, "get back here and put suncream on or you'll get burnt" but mams calls fall on deaf ears. An hour later and soaking wet with sand stuck everywhere we decend on the picnic blanket, all starving. Wrapped up in towels we sit down on the sand, Mam has laid on a feast and thought of everything. Warm TK red lemonade drank from paper cups is washing down the ham sambos that despite mams best efforts still manage to include a few grains of sand...ah the best taste in the world!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,403 ✭✭✭The Davestator

A great place for a Sambo is across from Holles Street Maternity hospital. I love to look at all the proud mammy's, daddy's, new brothers and sisters all holding doors open for each other, beaming about their newborn babies, and trying to hold all the baloons and teddy's. It gives me a warm fuzzy feeling every time (and the sambo is also great)

• Registered Users Posts: 10 apollo mc g

it has to be a nice sunny afternoon in Croke park watching the football or hurling!! And a flask of tea too!!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,635 ✭✭✭sillysocks

I asked a young primary school going relative of mine what was the best place in Ireland to eat a sandwich. He pondered a bit, and came up with a classic answer :D

The best place in Ireland to eat a sandwich is between the prefab and the bike shed because the teachers supervising the children cant see him smuggle in crisps to put into his ham sandwiches!

So.. do I shop him to the relavent authorities? His school has a no junkfood policy so he could easily get 100 lines.. "I will not smuggle crisps into school to enhance my sandwiches.."

There you go anyway.. The best place in Ireland to eat a sandwich is between the prefab and the bike shelter. :D

Advertisement