Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Win a two night break in any B&B in Ireland and a Denny picnic hamper

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 767 ✭✭✭HxGH

In the batcave with batman

• Registered Users Posts: 7,694 ✭✭✭Raoul

My kitchen table, Co. Louth – tastes wonderful 60% of the time, EVERYTIME

• Closed Accounts Posts: 26 Condon

The side of the road on the way to Croke park! cant bate sandwhiches before a match!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 67 ✭✭corkkaz

definately Tinahealy show in Co. Wicklow every August bank holiday Monday. Sitting at the side of a hill looking down over the fields full with stalls, tents, amusements. sandwich in one hand and a cup of tea in the other.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,743 ✭✭✭kleefarr

Electric PICNIC

Hi-Res3_large.jpg

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 269 ✭✭themonboys

At the top of Shandon, Cork City. Brilliant views and you can play the bells. Might be a little difficult getting the basket up there though!!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,855 ✭✭✭Nabber

Some of the places that people have mentioned are amazing :) I'll have to try visit them all.

With a 2 year old and a tight budget we don't get to see many place, the best picnic I think we ever had was in the back of our Fiat Stilo, heading to phoenix park and the heavens opened, we couldn't convince a 2 year old to wait for the food. We had a great laugh in the car.

• Registered Users Posts: 711 ✭✭✭ihavequestions

On a boat in the middle of Muckross Lake , in Killarney :)

• Registered Users Posts: 466 ✭✭moonboy

any one of the hidden clearings on the shores of killarney's breathtaking lakes. although, youd wana be careful with the sausages with all those bulls around.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,166 ✭✭✭enda1

Croke Park, half time when your team are narrowly leading in the All Ireland Final!

Cup of Barry's in the thermos too and some Cadbury's Eclair sweets.

• Advertisement

There's a place in Bray Head called "The Spot" it's off the beaten track, a little clearing with the best views on a good day. It also has this great rock that seats 3 perfectly!

I love that place, totally quiet as I don't know many people who know of it.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,347 ✭✭✭daiixi

Iveagh Gardens in Dublin

• Registered Users Posts: 7,269 ✭✭✭CH3OH

At the top of the Wicklow Gap on a still summers day. The silence, only broken by the mouth-watering sizzle of Denny’s succulent rashers, slowly cooking in the pan, just waiting to be devoured.......simply irresistible.

• Registered Users Posts: 40 cunninsu

Drakes Pool in Crosshaven Co. Cork is surely a heavenly place to enjoy a tasty denny's sandwich.

• Registered Users Posts: 6 Malish

Best place for a picnic is Phoenix park. Esp if you visit Dublin zoo in the morning, have a short cycle around the park to find your own favourite spit to put down the blanket - maybe by the lake, by the playground, by the Papal cross or deer spotting or even polo watching!!! Sit back, relax and enjoy the vibe, view, and food !! Finish up by having a leisurely stroll around Farmleigh. Perfect way to enjoy the weather.

• Registered Users Posts: 111 ✭✭Wopp

Bundoran, Donegal. After surfing for the day, walking back to the car to get your pre-packed sausy and rasher sandwich....nothing better

bundoran08.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 2,327 ✭✭✭kawaii

Any nice free range pig farm. Monitoring those mouth-watering mammals whilst feasting on their fattened forebears - bliss!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,412 ✭✭✭toadfly

Glendeer Pet Farm near Athlone. Was amazing sitting on the grass beside a little fenced in area with rabbits, Llama's walking by, baby goats and deers. Magic. Just lying on the grass, the sun beating down. all while eating a rasher, cheese and ketchup roll. Yum!:p

1217944289girl_feedin_the_deer_big_.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 579 ✭✭✭Mad Benny

Caherdaniel beach

83402143_7ba4e6fef6.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 265 ✭✭RobBaxter

while you're on the toilet. perfect sandwhich place, as for denny, i'm not so sure...

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2 brianodea123

Best Denny Sausage Sandwich.........

Lahinch lifeguard hut, on a beautiful and busy June Bank Holiday weekend........................

Requirements:
    - Pound of Denny Sausages (preferably Denny Jumbo's)
    - 1 Chef/Lifeguard (with the ability to keep one eye on the crowd filled surf and the other on the sizzling sausages on the pan)
    - Cheapest butter available (to oil the pan and butter the bread)
    - White slice pan (the health benefits of brown bread don't outweigh the taste of fresh white sliced pan)
    - Chef Ketchup (Heinz is for pansies)
    - 3 other hungry lifegaurds
    - Topped off with a pint of Milk!!

Staple diet of Clare Lifeguard!!
    and the Greatest Place & Sandwich Ever!!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,338 ✭✭✭yesno1234

Cliffden Castle or the hills at cliffden over looking the water.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,506 ✭✭✭muletide

At the summit of Croagh Patrick in any weather

• Registered Users Posts: 140 ✭✭Noobsaibot21

Skerries, North Co Dublin:

13859557.jpg

Lovely, peaceful town with a lovely beach and harbor. And after I make short work of my sandwich, there's arcades and a playground to keep you amused :D

• Registered Users Posts: 50 ✭✭sweet girl

Knockalla Co Donegal, overlooking Warden Beach http://www.flickr.com/photos/27751140@N04/3002384011/

• Registered Users Posts: 193 ✭✭jimzy

at the top of mount leinster recently had a pretty yummy sandwich!

http://www.flickr.com/photos/26015852@N05/4629800157/

• Registered Users Posts: 2,766 ✭✭✭squeakyduck

http://mountainviews.ie/mv/_serverdata/pix/picmtn_ct-00062-4.jpg

A nice sausie sambo from here on the gorgeous Comeragh Mountains. Quite a hike but perfect for getting a nice appetite!

Stunning view to sit eat and have a nice refreshing drink! :)

• Registered Users Posts: 620 ✭✭✭neonitrix

my fav place for a picnic is Gougane Barra Lake & Forrestry Park, Ballingeary, Macroom, West Cork.

GouganeBarra1-1.jpg
    CD067F9E677D44B586C16A4C16023D30-50.jpg

Neonitrix

• Registered Users Posts: 394 ✭✭central park

The B(l)asket Islands, after all you cant have a picnic without a basket!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 529 ✭✭✭Elliee

Malahide castle is our favourite place for a picnic, we hop straight on the bikes and cycle around the grounds. I set up the picnic with Dad whilst the kids kick foot ball on the grass in front of the castle.
    Dennys Ham sambos are replenished numerous times, whilst we fill up on ice cold drinks. Then off to the play ground for some fun before home time!

Advertisement