Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Luas Cross City (Line BX/D) [now open]

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 5,856 ✭✭✭trellheim

Yes, I suspect you are right. In my head I had all these as a joined up answer that we could critique.

Are there any active measure to prevent cyclist tramlining, as a large amount of the College Green area will be in-line with the trams ? ( and the difference is a very bendy set of lines in that area )

• Registered Users Posts: 17,549 ✭✭✭✭LXFlyer

trellheim wrote: »
    Yes, I suspect you are right. In my head I had all these as a joined up answer that we could critique.

Are there any active measure to prevent cyclist tramlining, as a large amount of the College Green area will be in-line with the trams ? ( and the difference is a very bendy set of lines in that area )

There is what I think is a segregated cycle lane going in alongside the Bank of Ireland - we will have to see what the roadmarkings are....

• Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 14,345 Mod ✭✭✭✭marno21

Chivito550 wrote: »
    Any chance for a photo opportunity and Shane Ross is there, even though he has had f&€k all to do with LUAS.
    Would be an appropriate time for him to call it a day now that Stepaside Garda Station is reopening - he doesn't appear to have any interest in his brief unless it involves a foreign visit or a photoshoot.

If my employer was paying me that salary to take a few flights and turn up for a few sod turnings and photoshoots I'd describe my job as a 'doddle' too.

• Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 26,399 Mod ✭✭✭✭Peregrine

marno21 wrote: »
    Would be an appropriate time for him to call it a day now that Stepaside Garda Station is reopening - he doesn't appear to have any interest in his brief unless it involves a foreign visit or a photoshoot.

If my employer was paying me that salary to take a few flights and turn up for a few sod turnings and photoshoots I'd describe my job as a 'doddle' too.

I think all Independent Alliance ministers and junior ministers are retaining their positions under Varadkar.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,856 ✭✭✭trellheim

here is what I think is a segregated cycle lane going in alongside the Bank of Ireland - we will have to see what the roadmarkings are....

Thanks for that, I do seem to recall something . my worry is westbound from Pearse St Garda Station to Dame St would be a very dangerous cross in rainy/slippy weather. as the BOI cycle lane would be on the opposite side.

• Advertisement

trellheim wrote: »
    Thanks for that, I do seem to recall something . my worry is westbound from Pearse St Garda Station to Dame St would be a very dangerous cross in rainy/slippy weather. as the BOI cycle lane would be on the opposite side.

We will have a clearer picture after the next couple of days when the road markings and traffic islands are all put in place.

There is a massive push to get everything cleared up before the gauge test runs at the weekend.

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 4,959 Mod ✭✭✭✭spacetweek

Any chance for a photo opportunity and Shane Ross is there, even though he has had f&€k all to do with LUAS.

Pity he's keeping his position in the reshuffle.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 10,235 Mod ✭✭✭✭CatInABox

spacetweek wrote: »
    Pity he's keeping his position in the reshuffle.

Yeah, but he was always keeping it. The Independents have the government over a barrel, there was no way that Leo would do anything to annoy them. Most likely, they've even gotten a few extra sweeteners for their areas.

Shame the Metro isn't in one of their areas.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,283 ✭✭✭D.L.R.

Thats Irish politics. We have a bloody plaque for every 2km stretch of motorway opened in the 90s and 2000s, all with some retired politicians name on them. All with accompanying photo of sh*t eating grin and a pig under the arm.

• Registered Users Posts: 886 ✭✭✭stop

Had a quick look at the College Green stop last night, maybe its just me but seems to be a large gap between the traffic lane kerb and the traffic side rail, enough that a bike might just fit in there alongside a Luas..

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 4,959 Mod ✭✭✭✭spacetweek

stop wrote: »
    Had a quick look at the College Green stop last night, maybe its just me but seems to be a large gap between the traffic lane kerb and the traffic side rail, enough that a bike might just fit in there alongside a Luas..
    There's no College Green stop?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,411 ✭✭✭Avada

spacetweek wrote: »
    There's no College Green stop?

There is, ish. At the side of trinity on college street, southbound

• Registered Users Posts: 10,501 ✭✭✭✭MJohnston

Avada wrote: »
    There is, ish. At the side of trinity on college street, southbound

The correct name for that stop is Trinity

• Registered Users Posts: 19,613 ✭✭✭✭Muahahaha

Drove down OConnell St earlier. Great to see all the barriers gone and it taking shape.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 10,235 Mod ✭✭✭✭CatInABox

• Registered Users Posts: 144 ✭✭matc66

Testing up at the North Circular Road bridge.
    WhatsApp Image 2017-06-18 at 08.55.08.jpeg

• Registered Users Posts: 8,229 ✭✭✭LeinsterDub

Wondering who to thank for the new longer trams? Well wonder no more .

http://www.independent.ie/irish-news/no-room-on-the-luas-frustrated-commuters-left-stranded-35840197.html
    The senator said that he had written to the Luas operator, Transdev, with the results of his survey.
    He said this received a positive reply from Transdev with a promise of more tram carriages and the lengthening of platforms at several stations.

"I am pleased to report that seven new longer trams are being ordered, and to facilitate this 11 platforms on the original Green Line, from Stillorgan into town, are being lengthened to 54 metres in order to cope with the introduction of longer trams," he said.

Thanks Senator Neale Richmond! :rolleyes:

Wondering who to thank for the new longer trams? Well wonder no more .

http://www.independent.ie/irish-news/no-room-on-the-luas-frustrated-commuters-left-stranded-35840197.html

Thanks Senator Neale Richmond!

Considering he only wrote to them a few weeks ago, I wouldn't bother thanking him

• Registered Users Posts: 18,921 ✭✭✭✭BonnieSituation

Considering he only wrote to them a few weeks ago, I wouldn't bother thanking him

I'm assuming Leinster Dub was being a tad sarky.

It's pure political grandstanding . Writing to Transdev who have no control over the infrastructure about capacity and then making it seem his mail had an impact after the trams have long since been ordered and the platform extensions underway. But i'm sure it will look well in his local newsletters .

• Advertisement

This is the same senator/councillor who was asking Dublin Bus to put out extra buses during the LUAS strike knowing full well that the whole fleet is out during the morning peak periods.

Just an attention seeker.

• Registered Users Posts: 36,134 ✭✭✭✭LuckyLloyd

What a shocking article to be run in a National newspaper. Even two seconds of thought would lead you to the conclusion that such a letter or "survey" would have no affect on plans around an infrastructure build that was signed off seven years ago. Dreadful. :mad:

• Registered Users Posts: 3,612 ✭✭✭Dardania

I think you're not giving Senator Richmond due appreciation for what a visionary he is

Deedsie wrote: »
    I'm delighted they went for longer teams. It will force the councils hand and they will actually have to make big (hopefully correct) decisions on DCC transport. There is no choice now, it has to change.

What elements of transport are you referring to? DCC basically only control the traffic plan and local road and cycle infrastructure. Every thing else had stripped away from them.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,668 ✭✭✭✭Jamie2k9

He will be very annoyed when he finds out some shorter trans will be used for 4-5 months on the Green Line!

It's pure political grandstanding . Writing to Transdev who have no control over the infrastructure about capacity and then making it seem his mail had an impact after the trams have long since been ordered and the platform extensions underway. But i'm sure it will look well in his local newsletters .

Apologies, my sarcasm detector is well and truly borked today

• Registered Users Posts: 17,840 ✭✭✭✭Idbatterim

He will be very annoyed when he finds out some shorter trans will be used for 4-5 months on the Green Line!

only 7 new trams have been ordered. Are the existing ones being increased in length?

Idbatterim wrote: »
    only 7 new trams have been ordered. Are the existing ones being increased in length?
    Business case being prepared currently for that apparently.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,907 ✭✭✭Stephen15

Idbatterim wrote: »

Nope

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 17,840 ✭✭✭✭Idbatterim

Business case being prepared currently for that apparently.
    doubt there is much of a case to be made! they are needed, end of! One suggestion and that FG guy mentioned it, is removing some seating from the existing trams, not ideal, but potential short term / very cheap solution. Perfectly in keeping with everything transport wise here...

Advertisement