Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Berlin 2016: Back to Basics

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,742 ✭✭✭ultraman1

If I can run a sub 16 minute 5k by the turn of the year I'll be in the desired shape before I start marathon training in January. Fingers crossed.
    ur focked so,,,I haven't measured a 5 k in yrs

• Registered Users Posts: 1,900 ✭✭✭KielyUnusual

ultraman1 wrote: »
    ur focked so,,,I haven't measured a 5 k in yrs

Just run 1 lap of Donadea. Sorted. Throw in the RER calculator and sub 12 is a virtual guarantee.

Seriously, you won't get much faster than Jingle Bells. I'm hoping to whip myself in to close to sub 16 shape by then as well, so it would be good to have a partner in crime on the day.

• Registered Users Posts: 928 ✭✭✭TRR_the_turd

menoscemo wrote: »
    No way man, it can't be that simple

It's the TRR system. It's one step up from fit4life. I call it #TRR4Life. It's so simplistic it should be appearing soon in the Irish runner and Fit magazine.
    Seriously, you won't get much faster than Jingle Bells. I'm hoping to whip myself in to close to sub 16 shape by then as well, so it would be good to have a partner in crime on the day.

That was the obvious target race but I may be heading to Waterford to run a half marathon that day. Just waiting on Gavlor to get back to me whether he can put myself and 5 other Tallaght lads up for the weekend.

There are plenty of other 5ks on in December so hopefully will do the business at one of those

• Registered Users Posts: 6,179 ✭✭✭Gavlor

It's the TRR system. It's one step up from fit4life. I call it #TRR4Life. It's so simplistic it should be appearing soon in the Irish runner and Fit magazine.

That was the obvious target race but I may be heading to Waterford to run a half marathon that day. Just waiting on Gavlor to get back to me whether he can put myself and 5 other Tallaght lads up for the weekend.

There are plenty of other 5ks on in December so hopefully will do the business at one of those

The princess is back from her NYC shopping trip that day so all the rooms will be taken up with maceys bags, no way will she allow half the knacker cast from love/hate into the house!!

Edit: the tower hotel have some decent rates. Ramada viking hotel is very near start/finish but is 3 or 4 miles outside town. I doubt your posse will be able to make it that far into the sticks at 2am

Gavlor wrote: »
    The princess is back from her NYC shopping trip that day so all the rooms will be taken up with maceys bags, no way will she allow half the knacker cast from love/hate into the house!!

Most of us take size 10/11 in a shoe and we obviously love burberry chav, so can you tell her to buy plenty! We'll be out to rob your gaf, so she may as well buy us something we will actually wear
    Edit: the tower hotel have some decent rates. Ramada viking hotel is very near start/finish but is 3 or 4 miles outside town. I doubt your posse will be able to make it that far into the sticks at 2am

Cheers, yeah we have a couple of hotels sorted and are all centrally located.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 13,915 ✭✭✭✭menoscemo

Brothers and Sisters Pearce?
    or Beat Sisters Pearse?

• Registered Users Posts: 15,704 ✭✭✭✭RayCun

Bloody Stupid Plan?

Just to confirm, I am not closing my account. However the wind may change direction or a butterfly in China might fart and I may reconsider :)

Monday: 10 miles @ 7 minute pace. Mostly on grass. Legs moving nicely and have decided I need to make an active effort to run on grass more. So much kinder on the legs and joints. Onwards and upwards!

The reveal

My name is Dave

The last 5 years I've posted here as theroadrunner, TRR and currently TRR_the_turd. During that time I've given off the impression that I train sensibly while still finding small gains year on year. Maybe I even undertrain relative to some other people.

I've also given the impression that I am a man of the people. Women want to be with me and men want to be me! A good looking bastard basically.

Well ladies and gents ............. It's all true

Keep her lit
    Dave

Hi David,

I am just informing you that I have reported that post due to the blatant lies. Your constant manipulation of innocent boardsies has to stop and someone needs to call you to account on it.

You're an ugly bastard and on behalf of the other good looking boardsies (you know who you are) I would ask that you refrain from such ludicrous posting in future.

Yours in sport,

Gavlor

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,545 ✭✭✭tunguska

Yes as one who's extremely attractive myself, I have also reported your post on the grounds of blatant lies........
    Still can't believe all that Tomfoolery from yesterday. To fabricate that entire log and then try to cover up lies with more bizarreness........ He probably should be pitied more than anything, he's obviously fairly disturbed.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 20,364 Mod ✭✭✭✭RacoonQueen

Still very confused about all this...

• Registered Users Posts: 2,677 ✭✭✭kit3

There's one way to solve this Dave - post a picture with a poll & we'll decide :D

tunguska wrote: »
    Yes as one who's extremely attractive myself, I have also reported your post on the grounds of blatant lies........
    Still can't believe all that Tomfoolery from yesterday. To fabricate that entire log and then try to cover up lies with more bizarreness........ He probably should be pitied more than anything, he's obviously fairly disturbed.

You have a point in one sense but in reality he gathered people around him who believed him and defended him to the last. He then bows out and leaves them hanging - can't condone this type of messing with people's heads - it's a disgrace. Especially in circumstances like this when people are posting in isolation and he has no means of knowing how something like this could be affecting them.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,545 ✭✭✭tunguska

Still very confused about all this...

I think he was a Walter Mitty type character who was looking for attention/worship. His bs got called out, he panicked, created a bizarre cover story to explain everything, and then did a legger. That's the way it looks to me anyway, he'll probably find some other forum somewhere and repeat the pattern, just like an internet Catfish.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,420 ✭✭✭Ososlo

kit3 wrote: »
    You have a point in one sense but in reality he gathered people around him who believed him and defended him to the last. He then bows out and leaves them hanging - can't condone this type of messing with people's heads - it's a disgrace. Especially in circumstances like this when people are posting in isolation and he has no means of knowing how something like this could be affecting them.

Nobody's left hanging, believe me, and nobody's affected. But thanks for the concern if I was included in what you said! The others are all ok too.
    Let's all just get back to running!! Or tapering!!! Hope you feel better soon!

There's one way to solve this Dave - post a picture with a poll & we'll decide :D

ha ha I like your thinking. I am off to photoshop a picture and will post it later however in the meantime you can find lots of pictures of me at hotornot.com/

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,742 ✭✭✭ultraman1

ha ha I like your thinking. I am off to photoshop a picture and will post it later however in the meantime you can find lots of pictures of me at hotornot.com/
    If ur fockin toes are anything to go by,..dont

Something tells me I'd better not check out that website in work :rolleyes:

Tuesday: 6 miles @ 7.11 pace. Legs feeling absolutely great. Wanted to do more but I've decided to keep my mileage below 60 miles a week until January. I also intend to take an very easy day after a day of longer miles or a hard session. Did a good portion of this on grass. Body feels great at the moment. First time in about 10 months where I can go to bed and not wake up with pain if I move etc.

Wednesday: 8 miles with pyramid. reps were 1-2-3-3-5-3-3-2-1 minutes with 1 minute jog recovery. This was nearly completely on grass. Plenty of rain recently so ground was heavy going. Did the last 2 on the footpath just to get a bit of speed into the legs. Really hammered these two. I'm loving this session at the moment. I don't bother tracking paces and just run off effort. I mentioned after the novice that I was missing a couple of gears. Well I think I've found one of them and will look at doing some short sharp reps in a couple of weeks to reintroduce some 5k speed.

• Advertisement

Have you any target time in mind for the WAC half or will you use it as a training run?

The course is fair, decent climb after the first mile but it's not too bad after that. Route changed slightly to take out some of the sharp twists and turns

Have you any target time in mind for the WAC half or will you use it as a training run?

The course is fair, decent climb after the first mile but it's not too bad after that. Route changed slightly to take out some of the sharp twists and turns

Thanks for that. I won't be doing any specific half marathon training but I'll run it as hard as I can off the back of 5k/10k/xc training. Just want to be in half decent shape coming into the new year. I'll definitely pick a time in the lead up but at this moment I've no idea what that will be.

Are you running it yourself?

Also what time will your house be empty at, we need to timetable your house burglary into our schedule for the day :)

Thanks for that. I won't be doing any specific half marathon training but I'll run it as hard as I can off the back of 5k/10k/xc training. Just want to be in half decent shape coming into the new year. I'll definitely pick a time in the lead up but at this moment I've no idea what that will be.

Are you running it yourself?

Also what time will your house be empty at, we need to timetable your house burglary into our schedule for the day :)

Haha, I'm not sure what time she's jetting in with my bounty of oversized clothes from woodbury common but I'm guessing I'll have to collect her at the airport on the 6th so I'm unlikely to be running the half. I'll let you know for def later on.

You wouldn't mind fixing the handle on the double doors in the hallway while you're looting, 18 months have passed and it's still hanging off :D

Thursday: 7 miles at 7.05 pace. Nothing really to report apart from the loss of another two nipples. Have to get some bodyglide or sex lube. Maybe even both!

Friday: 12 miles @ 7.10 pace. Early run along the canal. Legs feeling great again. Did a couple to start with on my own and they were way too fast so was happy to have some company to keep me in line. Lost 2 nipples yesterday and suffered major chafing on my legs today. Maybe I need to lose a few lbs and get some sexlube godyglide!

I am off to photoshop a picture and will post it later /
    Lost 2 nipples yesterday and suffered major chafing on my legs today. Maybe I need to lose a few lbs and get some sexlube godyglide!

Now I see why that photoshopping is taking so long - obviously a lot of work to do ;)

Now I see why that photoshopping is taking so long - obviously a lot of work to do ;)

I'm a work in progress :) You won't be too happy when your PM inbox is filled with naked pictures of my nippleless torso. That will teach you!

I'm a work in progress :) You won't be too happy when your PM inbox is filled with naked pictures of my nippleless torso. That will teach you!

promises, promises :rolleyes:

promises, promises :rolleyes:

you sure?

6114234758_5d5ee8ccc3_m.jpg

you sure?

Is that a nipple I see there ? Maybe you could do with losing a few pounds all right ? By the way, would have hated to see it before you photoshopped it :P

Funny how the internet works - had a completely different picture of you in my head !

• Advertisement

you sure?

FFS did you ask meno if you could use his picture. That's not very cool man, passing yourself as another boardsie is out of order.

Advertisement