Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Tallon selling out?

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 34,788 ✭✭✭✭krudler

hightower1 wrote: »
    I can see where he is coming from in one sense, I play MTDM only and yes its an absolute pain when your carrying a team, ending with the nearest team mate being 15+ kills behind you and loosing cause of it sucks but you cant expect everyone to be as good or better than you. God knows you'll end up playing against them next time and have an absolute session on their behalf.

There is no need for him to act like a w**ker like this though, guy thinks he's a f**king superstar diva! looser.

I hate loosing too, almost as much as losing.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 104 ✭✭bluemooner

well wings of redemption did say he was using the money he makes from his channel on a weight loss operation. cos he is a chubby **** :o

• Closed Accounts Posts: 280 ✭✭shay

bluemooner wrote: »
    well wings of redemption did say he was using the money he makes from his channel on a weight loss operation. cos he is a chubby **** :o

I wonder why a bloke obsessed with his K/D ratio and making vids all the live long day would be overweight? Its a complete mystery...:pac:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,609 ✭✭✭Creasy_bear

krudler wrote: »

:D

I wouldnt mind I actually sent this lad a private message maybe a week ago to give him a heads up on the whole "loosing" thing

He obviously didnt listen :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 3,456 ✭✭✭Jev/N

The one thing going for the guy is the fact that he has one of the largest amounts of videos uploaded per day/week, I still rarely watch them though and that's about his only saving grace

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,732 ✭✭✭Magill

LOL, what a dick. Why doesn't he just **** off and play private games or in that league for console games. The problem is, the only people that would pay to play with this fag will be the little fanboys that suck at the game. I guess you can't blame him for trying to make money tho, just alittle dickish.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,024 ✭✭✭JokerD

The thing I found hilarious was the irony at the 1.40 mark. He says "I don't wanna be your Boi" and how does he start every video?......Yo Yo Yo It's Your Boi Wings Of Redemption.

bluemooner wrote: »

he should rename himself bingowings of redemption then...

• Registered Users Posts: 2,055 ✭✭✭Cossax

El Presador doesn't hold back. :D

• Registered Users Posts: 3,207 ✭✭✭hightower1

krudler wrote: »

Didn't realize you are as sensitive that simple spelling mistakes bother you krud?
    I'll try keep that in mind.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,456 ✭✭✭Jev/N

Took me awhile to find it but I saw this the other day...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=G2CWzYH_Lo4

Interesting watch there if you havent seen it before, Hutch and WoR doing a dual commentary, debating the running and gunning vs camping playstyles, I kinda agree with both of them, but depending on the gametype. camping in TDM is crappy play, camping/defending in an objective game like Domination is fine. WoR does come across as an unmitigated knobjockey though.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,235 ✭✭✭Dave147

What a hillbilly dickhead.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 22,569 ✭✭✭✭Tallon

just flicking through videos and it would appear he was accused of cheating at one stage so he put up this video...

you also get to see what he looks like

• Registered Users Posts: 354 ✭✭Alan_007_

Tallon wrote: »
    just flicking through videos and it would appear he was accused of cheating at one stage so he put up this video...

you also get to see what he looks like
    180$ on a fvcking CONTROLLER ffs.What a sad man.
    He's probably as close as you'll get to a real life version of this guy:

comic-book-guy.jpg

(Anyone else think he has the same look about him aswell? :L)

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Music Moderators, Regional Midlands Moderators Posts: 24,124 Mod ✭✭✭✭Angron

Alan_007_ wrote: »
    180$ on a fvcking CONTROLLER ffs.What a sad man.
    More bloody money than sense. And I fail to see how using a modded controller like that "mimics his skill" or whatever.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,692 ✭✭✭shawpower

I must be unique on these boards. I disagree with most of what's been said about him.

1. So what if he's fat. What does that matter in the world of console gaming? (and no, I'm not obese)
    2. OMG!?! A nerd playing MW2?? Who'd have thought it!!
    3. $180 on a controller? What's the problem. His hobby is gaming. I spent more than that on a Ping driver last year, and about €60 on a set of headphones this year. I get great pleasure out of both, so money well spent imho.
    4. Money for Friend Requests. Yeah, okay I'm not a fan of this idea. But to be fair, I think it's purely a way of culling the number he gets rather than expecting to make $1,000's out of it. He's got over 75,000 subscribers, which while not as high as Hutch/SeaNanners, is pretty damn high. So I'm sure he gets plagued by requests and messages. He's stated that he prefers to play alone, so this is a way of trying to reduce the number. The deleting of FR's on video is another way of him trying to reduce this I suspect.
    5. I've seen a few of his video's where guys spend the game following him around shooting beside him to show where he is on the map. Other ones where guys just chase him down trying to kill him in particular or to shoot down his air support. Yeah, big deal maybe. But if it's happening to you constantly, I'm sure it'd p1ss everyone off.

I'm not a fanboy of the guy. I watch some of his video's, and he's quite outspoken on stuff, but that's his perogative. His manner winds people up, and he gets a lot of hate messages out of it. I just think he's an easy target because of how he looks/talks etc.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,009 ✭✭✭Shammy

180 on a controller........first off i dont think he paid anything for it, i think viking said ,
    " hey wings we'll give you a free modded joypad if you put up a video saying that you use it."
    With the amount of fanboys he has i'd say viking were swamped with orders.

A ping golfclub will last you 10 plus years, you should get a couple of years out of the headset too.How long would you get out of a joypad ? (playing for a couple of hours everyday)

• Advertisement

Shammy wrote: »
    180 on a controller........first off i dont think he paid anything for it, i think viking said ,
    " hey wings we'll give you a free modded joypad if you put up a video saying that you use it."

A ping golfclub will last you 10 plus years, you should get a couple of years out of the headset too.How long would you get out of a joypad ? (playing for a couple of hours everyday)

Well I've been using the same standard controller for 9 months straight heavy MW2 usage and no sign of any bother. No idea what a lifespan of a controller is, but I bet the few hours every day means you'd get more hours out of it that I'll get playing maybe 14-15 shots a week with a driver.

shawpower wrote: »
    Well I've been using the same standard controller for 9 months straight heavy MW2 usage and no sign of any bother. No idea what a lifespan of a controller is, but I bet the few hours every day means you'd get more hours out of it that I'll get playing maybe 14-15 shots a week with a driver.

My father usually plays golf every day , while he was visiting my sister in the States a few years ago he bought ping driver 1500$, still looks likes new ;).

I bought my first xbox 4 years ago and have gone through 20 joypads easily.

Not that thats my only disagreement its the fact that how many of his subscribors are under the age of 16 ? If wings has it they have to have it , i wonder how many parents credit cards were "borrowed" a day or after this vid came out ;)

If i said pay me 800 ms points a month or i'll kick you off my friends list , i know the reply i'd get .....ha ha

• Closed Accounts Posts: 280 ✭✭shay

And some fresh air...

My father usually plays golf every day , while he was visiting my sister in the States a few years ago he bought ping driver 1500$, still looks likes new ;).

Really? That's a heck of a lot of money even for a new club. It wasn't a set of Ping clubs was it?
    I bought my first xbox 4 years ago and have gone through 20 joypads easily.

:eek::eek::eek::eek::eek:

Dude, you gotta stop throwing them at the wall when Mal DoubleRanger's you from his corner!!!
    Not that thats my only disagreement its the fact that how many of his subscribors are under the age of 16 ? If wings has it they have to have it , i wonder how many parents credit cards were "borrowed" a day or after this vid came out ;)

That's a fair point, and probably why Viking gave him a free controller to review. But he's not the only one. I've seen other commentators review stuff online, and they are all getting a cut I'd say.
    If i said pay me 800 ms points a month or i'll kick you off my friends list , i know the reply i'd get .....ha ha

True. ;) But as I said, I think he's doing it to reduce the number of requests he gets, more than anything else.

Bottom line is that there are a handful of commentators on YouTube who are making a living out of it. There are a larger number of other guys who would love to make a living out of it. And then there are the rest like you and Tallon who do it for fun. (But are you telling me that if an opportunity presented itself where you both could actually do it as a job, you wouldn't jump at it?)

WOR falls probably somewhere between the first two catagories. He's getting a nice lob of money from videos, but he also probably spends a lot on equipment to get it recorded. So I'd say he's about even or maybe a little up. But equally, he plays video games a lot cause it's his hobby and is getting caught out by fanboys/haters trying to ruin that part of it (partly due to his commentary style). So stop making videos and enjoy the game, keep making video's and accept the pain, or keep making videos and express a desire for people not to friend request etc. He's obviously trying the last option for now, which is what people are disliking.

Charging someone for FR wount stop him recieving FR's it will jsut stop him adding them.

I agree that he gets too much stick and feel bad for him, but it's his own fault. you can't disrespect your fans / subs like that and not expect retalliaton.

There are ways of going about things, he needs to just walk away from the internet when it's annoying him and see what he can do to stop it. I imaginge that video I posted of him deleting his FR's was probably in a heat of rage because his top right hand corner of the screen was full of "Request to add friend" and ruining a game.

I had to delete everyone, I said it on here, and in one of my videos and explained why, but I stil got a couple of people going mental at me "WTF did you delete me for you fag?"

You have to just take that on the chin and not let it bother you, otherwise I would have been in tears after I uploaded that first 'Camping' video of me on Invasion and got Honest feedback (Which I always appreciate)

Really? That's a heck of a lot of money even for a new club. It wasn't a set of Ping clubs was it?
    No just the driver

:eek::eek::eek::eek::eek:

Dude, you gotta stop throwing them at the wall when Mal DoubleRanger's you from his corner!!!
    The kids have a lot to do with it, especially with fighting games.

Bottom line is that there are a handful of commentators on YouTube who are making a living out of it. There are a larger number of other guys who would love to make a living out of it. And then there are the rest like you and Tallon who do it for fun. (But are you telling me that if an opportunity presented itself where you both could actually do it as a job, you wouldn't jump at it?)

No i can honestly say i wouldnt be arsed, i asked Tallon before why do people always ask to be subbed and wanting to be sponsered and get noticed. He (tallon) does it to help people out , his reward is seeing a comment under one of his videos saying that it helped a player out.The rest is just wanting money.
    There are some people who are good at commentaries , like tallon for instance , he keeps me entertained while i'm watching , than there are others who are just boring, commentary is not for me, i would be one of the boring ones, besides it doesnt bother me if 100 people or 10 people watch them .

(Ok Tallon did i "big you up enough":D)

Tallon wrote: »
    Charging someone for FR wount stop him recieving FR's it will jsut stop him adding them.

Not quite. The guys who watch his videos are probably less likely to send one if they know he's looking for money to accept it. It wouldn't rule them out, but it would certainly reduce them.

I would jump like a kangaroo at it, but I would never charge the people that got me to that stage.

It would be a dream job, but i'm not going to burn people to get to that stage

No just the driver
    It's not gold plated is it?!
    The kids have a lot to do with it, especially with fighting games.
    Ah, okay. That does explain it a bit. The button mashing that fighting games promote would cause problems. Plus it means that the controllers are possibly being used for 4-5 hours every day? That's a lot of traffic, so would naturally increase the chances of breakages. But if you spent 180 on a controller, I imagine it'd be put on the high shelf to keep grubby little hands off it?? :D

No i can honestly say i wouldnt be arsed, i asked Tallon before why do people always ask to be subbed and wanting to be sponsered and get noticed. He (tallon) does it to help people out , his reward is seeing a comment under one of his videos saying that it helped a player out.The rest is just wanting money.
    There are some people who are good at commentaries , like tallon for instance , he keeps me entertained while i'm watching , than there are others who are just boring, commentary is not for me, i would be one of the boring ones, besides it doesnt bother me if 100 people or 10 people watch them .

(Ok Tallon did i "big you up enough":D)

Fair enough. Fair play to you. I know if I had a chance to live off playing games, I'd do it in a flash.

• Advertisement

It's not gold plated is it?!

Nah, but it does have blue tiger

Advertisement