Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Enda wins

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,954 ✭✭✭LeeroyJones

Baffliign in my opinion,.... I'm really struggling to choose a party to vote for in the next election

• Registered Users Posts: 7,957 ✭✭✭The Volt

Gilmore will do well enough to enter a coalition with FF. ;)
    Shan't be happening methinks.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,321 ✭✭✭IrishTonyO

I reckon George Lee is kicking himself now, a vacancy in Economic spokesman available now :) If only he had some patience

• Registered Users Posts: 24,151 ✭✭✭✭Sleepy

gandalf wrote: »
    I'm not wasting my vote on them at the next election now and I would say a lot of people who were going to vote FG have similar feelings to me.
    Baffliign in my opinion,.... I'm really struggling to choose a party to vote for in the next election
    Who the fvck is left?!

Dear Superman, please give Richard Bruton and his supporters the sense to start a new party... I'll be your best friend?! - Sleepy.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 8,464 CMod ✭✭✭✭Sierra Oscar

Voltwad wrote: »

Sounds very familiar to me, the Greens said the same on the eve and during the 2007 General Election.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 14,301 ✭✭✭✭ednwireland

5 more years of FF- great :rolleyes:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,783 ✭✭✭Freiheit

Fine Gael have just shown that they lack the aptitude to govern if their grey matters has led them to keep Enda as their leader........

I'm feeling very depressed about the entire Irish political system......Labour don't in any way impress me either...there's nobody I want to vote for.

• Registered Users Posts: 24,151 ✭✭✭✭Sleepy

Voltwad wrote: »
    And where did we hear that before? ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 7,957 ✭✭✭The Volt

Sounds very familiar to me, the Greens said the same on the eve and during the 2007 General Election.
    I've more faith in Gilmore thankfully

• Registered Users Posts: 1,039 ✭✭✭jpfahy

That's the end of hope for this country

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 13,549 ✭✭✭✭Judgement Day

Excellent result - the difference between man and boy! Given me a reason to consider voting for them at the next election. :D

• Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Regional Midwest Moderators, Regional West Moderators Posts: 16,722 Mod ✭✭✭✭yop

In one for sure, I applaude Kenny for sure, but it does wonder what a bunch of apes are part of FG

If Ring gets onto the front bench I will pass out. You may as well have Dustin the turkey there! :cool:

• Registered Users Posts: 2,836 ✭✭✭?Cee?view

Very depressing.

Now the only alternative to FF is the economically illiterate Labour Party, with the clueless party loyalists in FG "running" the FG show.

Their loyalty to the party (i.e. themselves), has condemned us to years more of FF or the even worse alternative of Labour.

Stupid B***ards.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 34,568 ✭✭✭✭Biggins

• Closed Accounts Posts: 331 ✭✭glaston

Absolute disaster, bad day for Ireland.
    Sickened....

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,916 ✭✭✭RonMexico

I hope Bruton and his supporters break away and form a new party. For the first time ever I felt that Bruton as leader of FG was a credible choice but now I will be looking to tick the "None of these clowns box" at the next election. There is NO credible opposition.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 22,668 CMod ✭✭✭✭Sad Professor

According to Matt Cooper and Shane Coleman, Kenny won by 6 votes.

The FG sheep have lost a lot of winable votes today.
    They've lost mine.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,975 ✭✭✭nkay1985

As I said in the other thread:

I'm not surprised that Kenny has won the vote but his position as leader is completelly untenable as far as I'm concerned. The majority of FG's talent has come out and said they don't have confidence in him. If they stick to their guns and say that they won't accept front bench positions under his leadership, Kenny will be forced out but I see there was a pre-emptive strike from the Kenny camp today with Jim Higgins coming out and saying that people have to accept the democratic decision. I've a feeling the Kenny camp knew for certain that they had the numbers and are now trying to put pressure on the talent to come in under his leadership. I thikn it'd be a massive mistake to do so.

• Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Regional Midwest Moderators, Regional West Moderators Posts: 16,722 Mod ✭✭✭✭yop

will George GLee come back with Bruton?

It really is depressing, I thought that they had some know how, but JC we are totally down the swanny now!

We have FF - not a chance
    FG - inept fools
    Labour - ummmm, don't think so

So we are buggered!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,003 ✭✭✭bijapos

Early days yet, next election is still a long way off, 6 months anyway. New front benchers will have the summer to get into their posts and learn how to deal with the media. A couple of more FF scandals and things will be back to normal again. I don't think its the end of FG by a long shot.

Regarding Labour the 32%, I don't see it holding, Gilmore will have a lot more attention focused on him and some home truths will com out. On top of this 32% does not translate into 32% of seats, no way will Lab get 55 seats.

FG will lead Lab in the next coalition govt. Give it 3 weeks and it will be forgotten, but it essentially the end of FG's chance to get 80+ seats.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 34,568 ✭✭✭✭Biggins

All I can say is "Utter gobschites!" - I suspect many a promise was made and favours will be done later.

• Registered Users Posts: 27,321 ✭✭✭✭super_furry

Enda wins?

Eamon Gilmore wins. The people simply won't vote for Enda. He is never going to win an election and is handing the leadership of this country to Labour with his refusal to go.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,916 ✭✭✭NickDrake

The idiot from the West who wines and dines like a Dublin socialite wins!! the man is an idiot and the public have no respect for him. Dark day for FG.

It will take a LONG time to recover from this. Just show Irish politics is still all about looking after themselves and not the country

• Registered Users Posts: 1,021 ✭✭✭Sulmac

The next opinion poll is (I think) next weekend, with the calls being made next Tuesday and Wednesday. It'll be a RedC poll.

Interesting to see how this'll impact on the three main parties.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,563 ✭✭✭leeroybrown

Depressing. Maybe I'll feel a little different when the next election comes up but I can't see myself giving a strong preference to FG right now. Not only have they managed to badly mis-handle a leadership conflict but they've ended up with a far weaker party afterwards with the same electorally unpalatable leader.

• Registered Users Posts: 372 ✭✭blondeonblonde

So ends a pointless week in Irish politics...:rolleyes: FG will never get a vote from me under Enda Kenny.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,252 ✭✭✭Dr. Baltar

Who the frack am I supposed to vote for now?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,072 ✭✭✭PeterIanStaker

FF and FF State TV and Press wins:mad:

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 585 ✭✭✭MrDarcy

I'm dying to see the results of the next opinon poll, I'd say it'll need to be redesigned to take account of minus numbers to reflect the new view of FG.

Loads, of "moving forward" now from their spinners on RTE. I'm glad that they handled this matter in this particular way because it confirms what I always knew, which was that they are a party full of hay shakers that couldn't organise a p*ss up in a brewery...

Advertisement