Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Enda wins

Options
1789101113»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 20,929 ✭✭✭✭Ash.J.Williams

Avns1s wrote: »
    He couldn't possibly have provided material to let you know what he would be like as leader of the country as he has never held that position. Leader of a political party is quite another matter.

Also, communication skills are important but are only a small part of what it takes to be a good leader. Bertie had those skills in abundance.... would we want him or the likes of him back? I didnt think so!!!

What more do you want therefore from a leader? What should s/he be?? Who would make a viable alternative? Don't hesitate to go across all parties to give an example of who fits the bill.
    I really am struggling to think of a single party/politician to vote for right now.
    It is interesting to note that the so called eccentric canditates that get ridiculed at every election have been right all along!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,321 ✭✭✭IrishTonyO

Freiheit wrote: »
    I could excuse poor communication skills if he actually showed substance in any language, somehow he hasn't.

What does he stand for? I don't know and even worse I get the impression that everything he does says is rehersed, as though he's afraid to be himself ,everything is planned and he is 'wooden'.......

Not someone I want leading my country.

I wouldn't want Bertie Back, nor Eamon Gilmore.

The only politcan off hand that I can say I admire is senator Ivana Bacik.

If you read FG policies you will find out what he stands for.
    Have to say in my opinion Iavana Bacik is another soundbyter like Eamon Gilmore.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,783 ✭✭✭Freiheit

She does have substance in the area of civil liberties.......very clear.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,366 ✭✭✭ninty9er

Avns1s wrote: »
    As a broader comment, if people feel that upset at whatever is going on in FG, then they should join the party and change the opinions of the Parliamentary party people that spoke democratically in favour of Enda.
    I'm a Fianna Fáil member, if I rang TDs and Senators, the only way I could know whether they listened to me or not was if the vote was public.

Similarly I know of at least one Fine Gael colleague of mine that spent the entirety of last Wednesday ringing members of the Parliamentary Party stating that his vote at a convention was dust unless they publicly stated they were going to oppose the motion. He has a fairly big network of FG friends nationally who did the same. Enda has single handedly undone the work he's spent 8 years doing.

Nobody can deny he's healed the party organisation, but he's screwed the electoral organisation. As a Fianna Fáil member, the longer Enda stays, the better it is for us.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,575 ✭✭✭Mal-Adjusted

ninty9er wrote: »
    As a Fianna Fáil member, the longer Enda stays, the better it is for us.

how does driving people towards Labour help you? :confused:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 62 ✭✭anneboleyn

maybe if people move towards Labour everyone else will wake up ?

• Registered Users Posts: 9,366 ✭✭✭ninty9er

how does driving people towards Labour help you? :confused:
    FG gains were more than likely FF voters who would never consider voting Labour under any circumstances, now that FG has displayed an arrogance towards the public in having the chance to get rid of the man who has been introduced at every party function/public meeting since 2002 as "Ireland's next Toiaseach", it seems that they are destined to lose that support now.

The people do not want Enda, that's not to say they want Richard Bruton, but that's not what the party was voting on.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,575 ✭✭✭Mal-Adjusted

FG gains were more than likely FF voters who would never consider voting Labour under any circumstances

that's extremely presumptive of you.

i don't suppose that in the last red C poll, FG going down and labour going up factors into this?

• Registered Users Posts: 548 ✭✭✭unit 1

Freiheit wrote: »
    No the media reflected my and many other people's views. Opinions polls show for a long time that people don't want Enda Kenny as Taoiseach and the Gombeens within Fine Gael didn't listen to us.

He is on course to make history as the first ever Fine Gael Tanaiste.

General elections elect governments, not opinion polls.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 3,858 ✭✭✭Deise Tom

Anyone see Sean Kelly MEP appear to fall behind Enda going into Stormond when he was been interviewed by RTE Nuacht. I bet it was Enda been so boring that put in into a semi sleep.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 13,103 ✭✭✭✭jmayo

He had the backing of the majority of the parliamentary party. Completely different to the backing of the party. For example, Mary Hanafin would be Taoiseach and Brian Cowen would be Tánaiste if the grassroots chose in 2008 who Fianna Fáil was to have as it's leader. Furthermore, It's clear that the vast majority if not all of the 32 votes against the motion were TDs, these are the people who are actually elected by the public, the Seanad and MEPs saved him. I mean, come on...Seán Kelly, another one of Fine Gael's celebrity candidates. Don't count on Fianna Fáil losing all three bye-elections after this.

He had an earpiece in delivering a victory speech. If you need an earpiece to do that, what the **** are you going to do when you get asked about something like the death of children in state care, put 200 social workers in a room with a TV camera?

Hey ninty99er any comment on the fact three imminent financial experts laid good chunk of the blame for the banking system and economic collapse at the door of your leader ?

I had to ask here since you don't bother anymore going onto the threads discussing the mess that ff made of the country.

It appears it was not Lehmans fault afterall. :rolleyes:

Oh and stop trying to spread the sh*** about an earpiece to listen to prompts, when it was necessary to listen to studio interviewers questions.
    Hang on wasn't the guy that started this whole earpiece stuff one fionnan sheehan, hubbie of ff would be councillor and 90 grand a year policy advisor to ff minister mary hannafin ?
    There's an interview with him just done on The Week in Politics. I feel like puking.

Well now you are beginning to see how the rest of us non grassroot ffers feel everytime biffo clowen or mary coughlan appears on telly. :rolleyes:
    FG gains were more than likely FF voters who would never consider voting Labour under any circumstances, now that FG has displayed an arrogance towards the public in having the chance to get rid of the man who has been introduced at every party function/public meeting since 2002 as "Ireland's next Toiaseach", it seems that they are destined to lose that support now.

This is from an ff apologist and party member ?

I could said "people in glasshouses should not throw stones" or "pot and kettle".

Advertisement