Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Enda wins

Options
  • 17-06-2010 4:44pm
    Registered Users Posts: 10,885 ✭✭✭✭

Enda wins

but they wont say what the vote was...they are shredding the ballot papers!!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 7,957 ✭✭✭The Volt

Narrow margin apparently. I'm waging that neither he or Bruton will be in charge by September.

• Registered Users Posts: 791 ✭✭✭eoinbn

That's the end of FG. They will be in the teens in the next poll.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,086 ✭✭✭Nijmegen

No front bench, no public support for their leader, continued battles and strife. Great result.

• Registered Users Posts: 163 ✭✭lobber

And how did you hear this?

• Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Regional Midwest Moderators, Regional West Moderators Posts: 16,722 Mod ✭✭✭✭yop

Does it not show that Enda has more balls than people gave him credit?

I for one didn't think he had it in him to get rid of Bruton and to take on the "others" and win.

Fair play to him.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,086 ✭✭✭Nijmegen

yop wrote: »

I for one didn't think he had it in him to get rid of Bruton and to take on the "others" and win.

Fair play to him.
    Everyone knows he's a good political player, he brought the party together after internal meltdown.

The voters don't think much of him.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,943 ✭✭✭Burning Eclipse

lobber wrote: »
    And how did you hear this?

The Last Word on Today FM for me.

What a disaster for FG.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,914 ✭✭✭danbohan

Fair play to him.

balls yes , brains no

• Registered Users Posts: 7,957 ✭✭✭The Volt

Fair play to him.
    I'd say there's every chance the members that voted for him were promised certain privileges ie frontbench positions.

• Registered Users Posts: 24,151 ✭✭✭✭Sleepy

The only party that can conceivably run the country without a coallition after the next election and they dissolve amongst in-fighting over the fact that the public have the same lack of confidence in their leader as almost half of their party do...

*facepalm*

A new FPD party anyone?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 412 ✭✭Hackysack

FF must be delighted with this.

I don't even think Gilmore will do well enough to beat FF.

It's very disappointing. I don't think I could justify giving FG my first pref now.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,321 ✭✭✭IrishTonyO

Have to say even though I am not a supporter of FG or any other party, am glad that Enda Kenny won. Bruton did himself or his party no favours with his timing, he should be ashamed of himself for the problems he has caused his party. He has also said he will not serve on the front bench under Kenny, then he should be expelled from the party

• Registered Users Posts: 679 ✭✭✭Darsad

unbelieveable Morons !
    Gilmore will soon have his arse in a state car !

• Registered Users Posts: 5,729 ✭✭✭Pride Fighter

Heard it was by 6 votes. So that may mean 38-32 as there is 70 TD's Senators and MEP's. It could be less cause of abstentions.

The Parliamentary Party have very little confidence in Enda Kenny. The 4 MEP's were crucial. Discounting them it was 34-32 with the caveat it could have been less due to abstentions. Maybe we could see the party split?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,916 ✭✭✭RonMexico

Says it all really. Worst result possible and Fine Gael achieve it. Idiots.

• Registered Users Posts: 566 ✭✭✭SB-08

Apparently by six votes. Very bad decison from FG putting their loyalty to Kenny ahead of the party. It is laughable to be honest that these people who voted for Kenny seriously think the FG party can win the next election after 11 of the 19 front benchers have no confidence in Kenny, and nearly half of the party overall. Without Bruton and most of the party's main names such as Leo, Hayes, Coverney etc, they will just continue to slip in the polls. Voting for Bruton wouldve meant those wouldve remains and Kenny wouldve likely been added to the front bench as well. A big mistake but not suprising from a party who seem to be desperate to dig themselves into an even bigger hole than that FF are in.:rolleyes:

• Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Regional Midwest Moderators, Regional West Moderators Posts: 16,722 Mod ✭✭✭✭yop

danbohan wrote: »
    balls yes , brains no

I can't comment on that to be honest, but when you think of the way that Biffo dealt with "the bull" and the way that Enda dealt with Bruton they are worlds apart.

This will damage FG still for sure, but will it change people opinion of Enda?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,443 ✭✭✭Byron85

Well that's the "opposition" in tatters now. Looks like it'll be left to Labour, pun not intended, to take down Fianna Fail. :rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 2,608 ✭✭✭themont85

Shows how self absorbed politicians are. 'Ah Enda is a great lad, sure he's from the west and always comes to my constituency'. He was loyal 'to me' so I'm loyal to him.

Do they want to be in opposition or something? The public don't want Kenny yet they do this.

So now we have Enda and Dr James. None of the truely economically literate ones on the front bench.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 407 ✭✭OxfordComma

There goes any chance of FG doing well in the next election.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 679 ✭✭✭Darsad

IrishTonyO wrote: »
    Have to say even though I am not a supporter of FG or any other party, am glad that Enda Kenny won. Bruton did himself or his party no favours with his timing, he should be ashamed of himself for the problems he has caused his party

Thats irrelevant the people have rejected Kenny and internal loyalty will mean nothing in the next poll or election FG could have got a major boost from the electorate with a new leader . As bad as they were under Kenny how bad will they be with a severly injured Kenny ,
    FF must be rolling aroung the floor of leinster House !

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,670 ✭✭✭✭Wolfe Tone

I hope Bruton leaves with his supporters and sets up a new party.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,943 ✭✭✭Burning Eclipse

MUSSOLINI wrote: »
    I hope Bruton leaves with his supporters and sets up a new party.

Would love to see this happen, but chances of??

• Registered Users Posts: 2,321 ✭✭✭IrishTonyO

Heard it was by 6 votes. So that may mean 38-32 as there is 70 TD's Senators and MEP's. It could be less cause of abstentions.

The Parliamentary Party have very little confidence in Enda Kenny. The 4 MEP's were crucial. Discounting them it was 34-32 with the caveat it could have been less due to abstentions. Maybe we could see the party split?

don't know where you heard that only 2 people know the results, not even the FG party members know the result

• Registered Users Posts: 163 ✭✭lobber

I think a lot of people may have the same feeling as me, that we are waiting for a credible alternative to FF. We didn't see that in the last elections and FG had a chance at sweeping out the dust and didn't take it. Still no credible alternative!!!

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 8,464 CMod ✭✭✭✭Sierra Oscar

Hackysack wrote: »
    FF must be delighted with this.

I don't even think Gilmore will do well enough to beat FF.

It's very disappointing. I don't think I could justify giving FG my first pref now.

Gilmore will do well enough to enter a coalition with FF. ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 791 ✭✭✭eoinbn

danbohan wrote: »
    balls yes , brains no

This.

Can't wait to see the new front-bench! Michael Ring as spokesman on transport telling everyone how FG's top priority is to improve the north to the northwest- just like he did on the last word a few weeks ago!

• Registered Users Posts: 26,458 ✭✭✭✭gandalf

What a pack of morons. They have grasped defeat from the jaws of victory and handed FF their biggest boost in years.

I'm not wasting my vote on them at the next election now and I would say a lot of people who were going to vote FG have similar feelings to me.

• Registered Users Posts: 24,151 ✭✭✭✭Sleepy

Posts all over twitter... apparently some TD's don't realise that people eaves drop on them when they're on their mobiles.

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 23,089 ✭✭✭✭rovert

I refer everyone to the cartoon in today's indo or the one on the cover of the Phoenix.

This situation cant have enought of these::rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes:

Advertisement