Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Competition: Variations on a theme 4 (World Cup)

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 407 ✭✭OxfordComma

I just submitted my story! I'm new to this, so please don't be too hard on me :pac:

• Moderators, Arts Moderators Posts: 35,254 Mod ✭✭✭✭pickarooney

Eight contestants now - just like in the real thing :)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,183 ✭✭✭Antilles

angelll wrote: »
    Crap still haven't written anything! Won tickets today for all three finals in croke park on sat,premium level seating. Can't find anyone to take them,lol, and don't want them to go to waste. Will give it another go and then write the story.

Replace Croke Park with the World Cup finals and that has the making of an entry!

• Registered Users Posts: 537 ✭✭✭angelll

Lol, it's ok,they're gone now. Nearly finished my entry anyway,too late to change it. Will send it in soon.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,718 ✭✭✭The Mad Hatter

Submitted. Having doubts about it now, though.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 55,474 ✭✭✭✭Mr E

Yup..that's what I did!

(Edit: This was a reply to someone asking if it was OK to submit 2 PMs because the story was too long. They must have deleted their comment).

• Registered Users Posts: 5,016 ✭✭✭Blush_01

We should turn this into some sort of procrastinator's support group.

Hi, my name is Úna and I'm a procrastinator.

Ah cool.... how about this one:

Blush 01 procrastinated about changing the competiton link in her sig, and now its nearly 2 competitions out of date. :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,645 ✭✭✭Daemos

I'm thinking of submitting a late entry that describes the atmosphere in the stadium. It goes something like this:
    Once upon a time...

Brrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr

The End

Mr E wrote: »
    Ah cool.... how about this one:

Blush 01 procrastinated about changing the competiton link in her sig, and now its nearly 2 competitions out of date. :D

Exactly! Except we point out our own flaws, not other people's! :p

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,718 ✭✭✭The Mad Hatter

DaPoolRulz wrote: »
    I'm thinking of submitting a late entry that describes the atmosphere in the stadium. It goes something like this:

WXNmF.jpg

WXNmF.jpg

See, this is why one thanks is never enough. :D

I meant to go to bed ages ago and now it's nearly 1am... again. Watch out for cut and paste chaos tomorrow morning.

Poor you - most of them probably didn't even fit into one PM, so you'll be doing twice the cutting and pasting!

Can't wait to read them, to be honest. It's like visual chocolate - little nibbles of other people's imagination. Yum!

Blush_01 wrote: »
    Poor you - most of them probably didn't even fit into one PM, so you'll be doing twice the cutting and pasting!

Can't wait to read them, to be honest. It's like visual chocolate - little nibbles of other people's imagination. Yum!

I like that. Now change your sig, please :pac:

Yes Mr Pickarooney, sir! :)

The stories are up. Let me know if you see anything out of order (like two parts of different stories stuck together!).

Best of luck to everyone! :)

I just a first read through them. This is going to be very difficult to vote on - there's such a variety it's almost impossible to compare them.

I agree. Great variety!

I'm surprised at the amount of "I've just sent mine but it's sh*t" comments earlier in this thread. The standard is high again!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 368 ✭✭ToasterSparks

Really diverse entries this time around. I've voted, but it seems so unfair to vote for one over the other - they're all good, so it'll depend on voters' genre preferences I think.

We really pushed ourselves for this one I think!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 18,503 ✭✭✭✭Also Starring LeVar Burton

Won't get a chance to read any of the stories until Monday, but looking forward to seeing how everyone did...

Poll is a mess. Nothing tallies, hit and run voters, unregistered voters... :(

• Closed Accounts Posts: 368 ✭✭ToasterSparks

Well, that explains it then! I just assumed my story was awful, but clearly it's the poll's fault. :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,096 ✭✭✭--amadeus--

Could it be to do with the fact this forum allows unregistered posting? In ART (and I think most other forums) if you aren't logged in you can't vote, all you see are the running totals. Here though, even if you are signed out you can still vote.

Could it be to do with the fact this forum allows unregistered posting? In ART (and I think most other forums) if you aren't logged in you can't vote, all you see are the running totals. Here though, even if you are signed out you can still vote.

Ahh, that makes sense. I logged it as a possible bug that unregistered posters can vote (multiple times) but had overlooked the unregistered posting thing here. Votes should have to be approved in that case.

Conor sorted out the problem for us. No more anonymous voting from now on.

Not gonna be able to vote in this one unfortunately as I won't get a chance to read the stories before the poll closes... I'm sure they're all great though...

You can still give your feedback though; I'm sure it would be appreciated.

You can still give your feedback though; I'm sure it would be appreciated.

I will once I get the opportunity - life is really getting in the way at the moment, so it could be awhile before I get around to it...

• Advertisement

Stupid life! :mad: Unless it's sex and drugs and travel life as opposed to work and drain-cleaning life.

Advertisement