Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Competition: Variations on a theme 4 (World Cup)

Options

Comments

• Moderators, Arts Moderators Posts: 35,253 Mod ✭✭✭✭pickarooney

We might have enough entries to make a play-off at this rate!

• Registered Users Posts: 55,474 ✭✭✭✭Mr E

Finished!

3 days to spit shine, and shave 150 words off it.

• Registered Users Posts: 537 ✭✭✭angelll

Hmmm, i might write about what the bloody ref was thinking when he declared that wasn't a goal!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,183 ✭✭✭Antilles

I keep going back to the script Patrick Stewart is writing in 'Extras'.
    Patrick Stewart: And I do other stuff, like I go to the World Cup final, and it's Germany versus England, and I wish that I were playing, and suddenly I am, and I score the winning goal, and they carry me into the dressing room and there's Roony and Beckham and then Posh Spice walks in and ...

Andy Millman: Her clothes fall off?

Patrick Stewart: Instantly.

:D

• Registered Users Posts: 5,016 ✭✭✭Blush_01

So we have until midnight on the 1st then? *scratches head* I hope I'll get something by then.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 368 ✭✭ToasterSparks

Submitted my awful, awful story. Truly cringe-worthy!

Please be very generous with your votes people, VERY generous.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,718 ✭✭✭The Mad Hatter

Finished draft two. It's in that weird place where I like it, but I'm not sure if it's any good.

I'm afraid I'm going to have to withdraw from this one. I have a 400 word chunk, but I'm exhausted from work with more of the same for the rest of week. I just don't have the energy to write :(

• Registered Users Posts: 18,503 ✭✭✭✭Also Starring LeVar Burton

I'm going to have to get cracking on this tonight... I've had the premise since last week...

• Subscribers Posts: 19,425 ✭✭✭✭Oryx

Pickarooney you did get mine?

• Advertisement

Three qualifiers so far... come on lads and lassies!

Yay! Guaranteed third! :P

Wrote half of it this afternoon, but then had to go to work... stupid work... hopefully finish it tomorrow afternoon...

This could either go very well or very badly for me, as I've decided to take a big risk on this one...

This could either go very well or very badly for me, as I've decided to take a big risk on this one...

Me too! I took a big risk mainly because I was forced to. But it should be fun to read the entries.

Another risk here. Wow... I'm expecting some interesting reads on Friday morning!

So who did the story from the perspective of the ball? :)

• Registered Users Posts: 4,718 ✭✭✭The Mad Hatter

These are due tomorrow, not tonight, right?

Right, sent mine in...

It's awful...

These are due tomorrow, not tonight, right?

Yep, tomorrow night at midnight.

Mr E wrote: »
    So who did the story from the perspective of the ball? :)

Not me. Which is probably a bad thing!

I have the strangest way of finding a domestic violence theme in every story. :rolleyes: But I was damned if that was gonna be my entry. Although it might have won if I accompanied it with this picture.

• Advertisement

Not me. Which is probably a bad thing!

I have the strangest way of finding a domestic violence theme in every story. :rolleyes: But I was damned if that was gonna be my entry. Although it might have won if I accompanied it with this picture.

That picture made me laugh - I'm totally against domestic violence, but it still made me laugh...

Ha, I just started speed writing thinking I had 105 minutes left to submit. My piece will still be rushed, but I've had a last minute idea and I'm going to submit something after all.

Have around 400 words written so will send mine in tomorrow too :)

5 in, angellllll to make it 6 by midnight?

• Subscribers Posts: 19,425 ✭✭✭✭Oryx

Do you think its the word count, the subject or the fact that everyones watching the football that has kept entries low?

Subject, I'd say.... I wasn't too pushed about it when it was decided, but I'm pretty happy the way my story turned out.

I'd say it's a mix of the subject (which nobody was really pushed about but the same was true of alternatives) and VOATer fatigue. With holiday season coming up we might take a break until September.

I'd say it's a mix of the subject (which nobody was really pushed about but the same was true of alternatives) and VOATer fatigue. With holiday season coming up we might take a break until September.

No! I'm counting on VOATer fatigue to help me win. Don't give the talented people time to recover between stories!

• Registered Users Posts: 5,016 ✭✭✭Blush_01

Yay, we're all going to be awful together (except Mr. E, who's happy with his entry).

No summer breaks! :(

Well mine's poo, but since everyone else said there entry is poo too I'm bulking up the numbers. :) Lots of poo!

• Advertisement

Crap still haven't written anything! Won tickets today for all three finals in croke park on sat,premium level seating. Can't find anyone to take them,lol, and don't want them to go to waste. Will give it another go and then write the story.

Advertisement