Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Dublin Marathon 2010

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,431 ✭✭✭sideswipe

4 stars (good)
    Hi all just started running last week and ran 4 miles no problem, was thinking of running the marathon this morning, is it too late............ anyone buyin or sellin the numbers??????

Sorry waaaaayyyy too much nervous energy!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,311 ✭✭✭xebec

Don't think you'll be needing sunglasses today dear.

Why's that? Not a cloud in the sky at the moment, and forecast to be sunny until at least the afternoon, deffo gonna be wearing them...

• Moderators, Music Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 9,389 Mod ✭✭✭✭Lenny

Good luck everyone!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,049 ✭✭✭Brianderunner

4 stars (good)
    Forcing down porridge watching daybreak, its bloody cold even indoors.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,380 ✭✭✭fletch

4 stars (good)
    sideswipe wrote: »
    Hi all just started running last week and ran 4 miles no problem, was thinking of running the marathon this morning, is it too late............ anyone buyin or sellin the numbers??????
    Please tell me thats a joke? lol :)

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Regional Abroad Moderators Posts: 26,928 Mod ✭✭✭✭rainbow kirby

2nd cup of coffee of the morning makes a useful handwarming device! Think the hat and gloves will be with me for a while today.

• Registered Users Posts: 362 ✭✭annieee

The Very, Very Best of luck to everyone running this morning!!!

I can only imagine the nerves and excitement ye must be all feeling.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,705 ✭✭✭MisterDrak

4 stars (good)
    Looks like it going to be a cracking day...

Better just nip down for a last toilet break...

Good luck everyone....

• Registered Users Posts: 871 ✭✭✭DULLAHAN2

Best of luck to everyone running today. May you all get PB'S

• Registered Users Posts: 362 ✭✭annieee

Via Twitter:

Kenyan Kibet runs a new course record 2:08:56 to win the Dublin Marathon

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,050 ✭✭✭buffalo

I don't know if there'll be a specific photo thread, but somebody might find themselves in here: http://www.flickr.com/photos/brianmca/sets/72157625112510241/ Well done to you all! :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,762 ✭✭✭✭ecoli

Was down at the Walkinstown roundabout cheering on the groups this morning. Great to see alot of boards regulars going well. The pacers once again look to be great sucess with huge groups for the 3.15 and 3.30 and even decent group of sub 3 hopefuls.

GRR :mad::mad::mad::mad: damn stream of the finish is acting up

• Registered Users Posts: 1,087 ✭✭✭nomadic

Well done everyone today. I was very jealous watching you all down the park. Lovely day for a run. Are the results going up anywhere yet?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,096 ✭✭✭--amadeus--

Any word on how the Boardsies are doing?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,492 ✭✭✭Woddle

Any word on how the Boardsies are doing?

Robinph 2'58

Figs was only 2 mins behind the sub 3 pacer at 18 miles. Ultraman was bang on for 4'20. Earlyeveningwas going well.
    DP was a little behind 3hr pacer and wasn't moving too well, although I was at the top of a hill and they were running up. Menoscemo was 2 mins off sub 3'30 pacer but was still moving well.
    Pacers were going well.

• Registered Users Posts: 211 ✭✭TJC

nomadic wrote: »
    Well done everyone today. I was very jealous watching you all down the park. Lovely day for a run. Are the results going up anywhere yet?

http://www.tds-live.com/ns/index.jsp

• Registered Users Posts: 660 ✭✭✭Git101

4 stars (good)
    Krusty is king. The guy dragged me to my fastest marathon by about 25 mins.
    Krusty for president !!

Thanks to the other 3.15 pacers too.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,934 ✭✭✭Dotcomdolly

Me & the kids were out supporting Raycun. Saw him at Cromwellsfort Rd and later at Sandford Road & he looked in great shape, and was a good bit ahead of the 4hr pacer. Well proud of him!

eta - our 7 yr old son had great fun giving out jellies :)

• Registered Users Posts: 302 ✭✭actwithoutwords

Just back from cheering people on along the Merrion and Shelbourne Road. Saw all my friends which was good, though had to help one of them stretch out his cramp which seemed to have ruled him out of under 3.45. Saw plenty of boardsies as well. Lovely day for it too. Can still hear the cheering out my window along Grand Canal St.

EDIT: Oh, heh, and I saw Krusty roaring encouragement to his pace group as well.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,096 ✭✭✭--amadeus--

Woddle wrote: »
    Robinph 2'58

Figs was only 2 mins behind the sub 3 pacer at 18 miles. Ultraman was bang on for 4'20. Earlyeveningwas going well.
    DP was a little behind 3hr pacer and wasn't moving too well, although I was at the top of a hill and they were running up. Menoscemo was 2 mins off sub 3'30 pacer but was still moving well.
    Pacers were going well.

Great running by Robin, brilliant result :)

Fingers crossed the other lads finished strong

• Advertisement

Woohooo 03:58:06
    Well done Raycun, running 11 months and a sub 4 marathon. What a man!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,075 ✭✭✭IamtheWalrus

TJC wrote: »

Which field do you type in the surmane? Don't know Italian (it's in Italian yea?).

Which field do you type in the surmane? Don't know Italian (it's in Italian yea?).

Cognome o Pettorale o Società

Cognome o Pettorale o Società

Thanks. My friend is hoping for sub 3.45. When I type her surname, I see one record but the first name is wrong. Is that a typo or has his results not come in yet?

• Registered Users Posts: 4,048 ✭✭✭dolliemix

Well sone everyone. I was at the top of the hill at milltown for a while cheering people on. Unbelieveable how fit you guys looked at almost 18 miles.

It was a wonderful day. Great buzz.

Thanks. My friend is hoping for sub 3.45. When I type her surname, I see one record but the first name is wrong. Is that a typo or has his results not come in yet?

Found her! Had to capitalise the first letter.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,774 ✭✭✭✭mfceiling

Well done everyone.........went to the bottom of the whitehall road with herself and the little ones.
    People seemed to appreciate the clapping and support.
    Might have to look into running it next year!!:D

• Registered Users Posts: 8,079 ✭✭✭BeepBeep67

in work so don't have a chance to read all the posts - 2:41 for Abhainn if anyone missed it - 6 min PB.
    Well done to everyone else.

Yes it felt to get out & support everyone (not just the friends and oh's. The most I have done is 10km so I have a hell of a lot of respect for anyone that can tackle a marathon.

I was waving my home-made signs "Run Boards.ie's Run" - though I didn't see any of the BAC singlets....
    and "You Can Do This" which seemed to go down well :)

Some of the causes people were running for brought a lump to my throat I must say...so I hope those running for charity raised lots for their chosen cause.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,330 ✭✭✭earlyevening

3 07 06 for me.

6 seconds faster than last year!
    I felt I was going well, running w robinph to mile 14 where I got a stitch (out of nowhere) and had to walk for 3 or 4 mins. I was hoping for 3 04 or so and prob would have got it if it werent for the stitch.

Cold start but otherwise nice day, plenty of support. I'm in way more pain than any other year....still I'll be back. I want that perfect marathon.

Looking forward to hearing how you all did.

Advertisement