Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Meet up

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,477 ✭✭✭sioda

Yup twas good to put faces to names

• Registered Users Posts: 4,929 ✭✭✭Raiser

Not sure what Itsdacraic meant by his comment? I always found him to be highly entertaining on here and never had anything against him :confused:

I've seen this thread a good few times already, lots of good intentions and promises before it all fizzles out to a scenario where theres 3 Folks sitting in a Pub refreshing this thread for news on how their night is shaping up!

Have to arrive at the conclusion that the Folks on here are cripplingly shy or perhaps definition Web Geeks - Maybe if ye left People bring along their Keyboard or favourite mouse mat?

- I'd never go as I'd likely be the tipping element between having a convivial social gathering and teeth-bared, snarling Mob :D

• Registered Users Posts: 2,361 ✭✭✭Itsdacraic

Raiser wrote: »
    Not sure what Itsdacraic meant by his comment? I always found him to be highly entertaining on here and never had anything against him :confused:

I've seen this thread a good few times already, lots of good intentions and promises before it all fizzles out to a scenario where theres 3 Folks sitting in a Pub refreshing this thread for news on how their night is shaping up!

Have to arrive at the conclusion that the Folks on here a crippling shy or perhaps definition Web Geeks - Maybe if ye left People bring along their Keyboard or favourite mouse mat?

- I'd never go as I'd likely be the tipping element between having a convivial social gathering and teeth-bared, snarling Mob :D

don't want to drag the thread off topic AGAIN but just want to point out my comment re Raiser was meant purely in a joking fashion.

Mr E is only doing his job, if he got complaints then he has to act which is fair enough.

If ye do manage to get more than the usual 2 or 3 together for the meet up then more power to ye. Hope ye have a good night.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,364 ✭✭✭campo

I would if I could but I cant mad busy this month but great idea

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,762 ✭✭✭✭stupidusername

Ok, so after all that how many people are actually up for going this Thursday?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,484 ✭✭✭The Snipe

Ok, so after all that how many people are actually up for going this Thursday?

I will, But where are we going? :P

Sounds good where

Well we could organise a place whenever, just wanted to get an idea if it's worth doing, as I get the impression that some people could say they'll go and then not. But sure give us some suggestions for a place in the meantime so. I was thinking the Locke but for no reason at all. so suggest away....

The still house, its a nice central location. :P

The still house, its a nice central location. :P

Is that the place on Thomas St? Is that not a bit of a knacker-ish place?

• Advertisement

Is that the place on Thomas St? Is that not a bit of a knacker-ish place?

Yeah its the place on Thomas Street, Its not really knacker-ish, at all, it may look that way but its not :P

Yeah its the place on Thomas Street, Its not really knacker-ish, at all, it may look that way but its not :P

Ok well we'll see what other people say about it. Have to get back to us soon though guys, as it's Tuesday now...... I'm not going to be going unless we get a few people actually confirming that they'll go. So let us know as soon as possible.

The Still House, Thomas St
    Thursday 17th
    @ 9.30pm

Although just thinking what about world cup matches? Is there one on Thursday evening?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,551 ✭✭✭panda100

This Thursday is a bit soon,I most certainly wont be able to make it. If you have it for the week after that will give people some more notice?

Ok, so how's the 24th June for everyone then?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 967 ✭✭✭Jigga

Although just thinking what about world cup matches? Is there one on Thursday evening?
    There is a World Cup match every evening up to June 29th.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,551 ✭✭✭panda100

Maybe its best to leave meetup for after 29th so. Maybe first thurs eve in July or something?

• Registered Users Posts: 13,589 ✭✭✭✭Aidric

The Still House is a dump.

The still house aint that bad but have to agree bout after the world cup I hate soccer

• Closed Accounts Posts: 967 ✭✭✭Jigga

panda100 wrote: »
    Maybe its best to leave meetup for after 29th so. Maybe first thurs eve in July or something?
    First Thursday in July there is no game.

After June 29th the remaining games will be on the 2nd, 3rd, 6th, 7th, 10th and 11 July.

• Registered Users Posts: 26,149 ✭✭✭✭Berty

Why do people assume they have to meet in a pub? Why can people not just meet someplace for a nice and good value meal?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 11,097 ✭✭✭✭zuroph

a drink is cheaper than a meal, and you can get away quicker, move about, and talk to different people

Ok, so although he's not joining us, Berty has made a good point. Anyone have any better ideas for places? And I suppose it'd be better to leave it til July. I was lookin forward to it being soon though :(

• Registered Users Posts: 9,717 ✭✭✭YFlyer

So anybody interested can still meet up on Thursday in the Still House?

YFlyer wrote: »
    So anybody interested can still meet up on Thursday in the Still House?

Yes, I suppose we still could. If anyone wants to. But don't seem to be getting many responses to this. To avoid the matches can we pick somewhere else? Can't seem to think of any pubs now.... Well what about the Locke? If anyone has suggestions suggest away. Anyone who's up for Thursday please say soon, so we can confirm this....

Where abouts is the Locke Exactly?

• Registered Users Posts: 115 ✭✭Bagmagnet

Where abouts is the Locke Exactly?

Map here

Yes I'll be game for the Loche Bar this Thursday evening. Especially with the fine weather we are getting.

• Registered Users Posts: 303 ✭✭kenoconnell

Hi,,,

If your planning to meet up, I can supply location, will be warm if cold out :-) and a complimentary drink for everybody that shows up... If ye need playing cards or pens and paper to make notes let me know!!!!

Ken

Where is this Ken?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,929 ✭✭✭Raiser

Hi,,,

If your planning to meet up, I can supply location, will be warm if cold out :-) and a complimentary drink for everybody that shows up... If ye need playing cards or pens and paper to make notes let me know!!!!

Ken
    YFlyer wrote: »
    Where is this Ken?

Going by the cards ref. Ken has no notion whats afoot but is keen on some new custom!!!

- Fair play, might be the start of something good ;)

Advertisement